Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Rashidi Yekini Asked For Police Protection Against His Family - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rashidi Yekini Asked For Police Protection Against His Family (761 Views)

Weeds Overtake Rashidi Yekini’s House (Photos) / Rashidi Yekini: Forgotten In Nigeria, Remembered In Portugal (PHOTO) / Rashidi Yekini Is Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rashidi Yekini Asked For Police Protection Against His Family by anonimi: 7:55am On May 28, 2012
THE last has not been heard about the controversy surrounding the death of late Super Eagles goal king, Rashidi Yekini as his lawyer, Mohammed Olanrewaju Jubri has debunked the claims that his late client blew N60 million in 60 days.

Jubril said the story was a total false and not true at all and advised that thorough investigation be made by journalists before such publications are made. He claimed that no bank in Nigeria can reveal the account details of their clients to any third party unless a law court requests for it when dealing with Will cases.

He also warned Yekini’s Sister, Rafiat to keep a lid her utterances as failure to caution her utterances may heighten the tension and controversies his client’s family is already experiencing since the demise of their son.

“I read a publication in a national daily on Friday, May 25th, 2012 saying Rashidi Yekini blew N60 million in 60 days. I don’t know the source of that information and I certainly know that no bank will descend so low to give the details of their customer’s relationship with them.

“I want to state here that I know too well that that is not true, no bank will give the details of its customer’s transactions”, Jubril disclosed.

“I also read some reports claiming Rashidi Yekini’s younger sister, Rafiat claiming that my client was sick and that is why they took him away from his residence in Ibadan and they rushed him to the hospital where Yekini was pronounced dead. I don’t know whether she (Rafiat) would be able to provide the details of the first hospital they took him (Rashidi Yekini) to and what was diagnosed and what treatment was meted on him.

“To me all these things are speculations and they are just putting the whole facts upside down. I just don’t want to cause more trouble for them and I am just allowing some of these things to die down so that we can finish the 40 Days Fidau rites. But if she wants to continue going to the press all the time, I don’t mind where this matter will take everybody to.

Yekini’s lawyer also faulted the report that Rafiat gave in the interview when it was said that they sought the assistance of the former Commissioner of Police in Oyo State, Baba Adisa Bolanta to assist them in Yekini’s issue before the striker passed away.

“That is not the story. Rashidi called on me when they tried two times to abduct him. Then he sought Police protection and I did not have a choice than to personally drive him down to the Police Commissioner office where they (the family) too were invited. It was the Commissioner of Police then (Bolanta) that invited them to his office and warned them not to take Rashidi Yekini out of Ibadan against his

[url=http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/football-golf-boxing/48030-yekini%E2%80%99s-n60m-waste%2C-a-rumour%E2%80%94-lawyer.html]Nation[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Check Nigeria Soccer Record Since ATLANTA' 1996 Till LONDON' 2012 / Nigeria Mixed Martial Fighter Dies While Fighting In Canada / Enyeama Dropped From Super Eagles Squad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.