Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:22 AM

An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate (664 Views)

3 Tell-tale Signs You Should Reject A Job Offer / Please Advice Me On Which Job Offer To Choose / An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate by bigcycs: 12:05pm On May 28, 2012
I am making an unconventional offer for a vacant managarial position in my family business

My dad owns about 100 acres of already planted and yielding oil palm estate, this estate is situated at EKORI,YAKURR LGA CROSS RIVER STATE.my village!!

Challenges:

Over the years in the course of exploiting this business my dad has had to cope with a lot of challenges ranging from lack of workers/incompetent workers/theft by locals/workers etc
and as a private individual with no governmet assisted grants etc it has been really challenging using our not so efficient extractive techniques,coupled with the dearth of dedicated workers/manager and our losses have continued to increase.

-we've never really had a proper arrangement where we have workers dedicated to work with us to achieve our goals.and when we manage to get workers..the person managing the business fails to give them the right motivation and they end up stealing and running away abandoning the business.we have had workers come and go many more times than i care to remember and the break in continuity is bad for our business.

This challenges notwithstanding this farm rakes in a very handsome profit still as we make @ lease 2000rubbers of fresh palm oil monthly and judging from the current price of the commodity i can say the figure is encouraging .this leaves for the imagination what we can generate if we have the right individual in charge..

-i dont need to underscore the
profitability of this venture its a massive farm and we have not even started exploting kernell etc.

.Recent developments:
currently my dad whom by Gods grace is now very active in government is making major procurements through world bank assisted loans. We intend to expand our mill,improve our production by introducing latest technology,we intend to commence crushing kernell and this is a mid-term goal as the long term goal remains refining our produce to finished/packaged goods fit for consumption.

I am a petroleum engineer and cannot be around now to play a role in our family business as my dad discourages this. We seem to agree that its best i "chase my career" and be seen to have conquered in my chosen endeavour hence!

I am making an offer for someone who understands what is needed now and is willing to take up the challenge.
There is no minimum qualification here specified.
Its a farm with potential. We are turning the business around and i know with the right individual who can key into our vision and play the desired role..i believe prosperity will know no bounds.

I will appreciate it if interested persons contact me on

thisisikoi@hotmail.com

The offer remains open till the right person takes up the vacant managerial position
Re: An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate by bigcycs: 2:40pm On May 28, 2012
Please let me add here that the would be manager will be expected to outlay a simple plan he intends to implement to turn things around in the business.

This plan should include recruiting workers(their welfare is sole responsibility of the company)

And any peronal ideas from any relevant experiences he hopes to introduce to the company to assist us move forward as well as achieve our goal.

A simple email will do !!

Thisisikoi@hotmail.com

Re: An Extraodinary Job Offer To Manage A 100acre Oil Palm Estate by bigcycs: 5:03pm On May 28, 2012
however i have to state here that the advert is for a business set in a rural community a village in cross river state .assuming i decide to hand you this position,you will be required to adapt to rural life settings which the average person out there may not find desirable.

Akam ekombe nig ltd is not a big company but a medium scale enterprise with potentials of expanding into a large scale industry.

You will be required to manage the whole farm spanning about 100acres of yielding oil palm and you must be able to do this profitably and efficiently.
While our profits are rather attractive,the would be manager will be expected to partake ,somewhat, in the extractive process using our current equipments pending when our procurements process for modern equipment pans out.

Honesty is the most important clause here .i neednt say more
You will be required to manage rather local/illiterate work force on ground as well as assist the company recruit more staff.
You will be required to manage our resources such that we reduce losses due to wastage/theft to the barest minimum..(Our biggest problem now)

If you are willing to accept these challenges..subsequent discussions will be held with you and the proprietor my dad where salaries accomodations as well as any other incentives will be discussed.

Ikoi Ferdinand.

(1) (Reply)

Do U Need Animator/video Editor In Enugu / Urgent Vacancy @ E-factor Solutions / Earn 200k Monthly Online Legitimately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.