Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? (5324 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan, 1st African President To Be Honoured By Diplomatic Circles / President Jonathan, 1st Lady & His Mother During 2015 Mother’s Day Service (pic) / Democracy Day: Jonathan’s First Year Report - Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by 2sign: 10:28am On May 29, 2012
in festac,unles u live in 23road,it's like 2-3 hrs for 2 days,lata dy'l bring 5k bil come.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 29, 2012
In Osogbo electricity is okay say 75% okay for the past 24 hours there is no power outage

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ismhab(m): 10:33am On May 29, 2012
WE USE TO GET ELECTRICITY ONCE A MONTH FOR JUST ONE HOUR.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by chuksme(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2012
whether you like it or not GEJ is one of the worst,useless and dullest president Nigeria has never have

I voted for him but i regreted voting for in active and caward president

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by ChrisChino(m): 10:37am On May 29, 2012
No power supply for the past 2 year here inn Gonin-Gora, Kaduna.
Yakowa Abi Nakowa, ur government is falling our hand o.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by 1Dray(m): 10:38am On May 29, 2012
In my area, power supply is so steady. Lights here is blinding, lights here, dont blink! Its power supply 24/7... I have never experienced such as this before, since Dec last year, its been lights all the way! That we even tired of light... Most times I wonder, is this same Nigeria?
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Gbawe: 10:40am On May 29, 2012
chuksme: whether you like it or not GEJ is one of the worst,useless and dullest president Nigeria has never have

Sad it has come to this but many of us did warn you that GEJ's very mediocre history, plus the fact he was fraternising with the biggest crooks and ruinous hands in the land, meant he would be DOA i.e dead on arrival. All I will say is that you should shun sentiments when voting next time.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by FlyboyZee: 10:46am On May 29, 2012
@ all posters above,
lets be objective & not be quick to blame everything on GEJ, even if he has not met our expectations.
Before you complain of power supply in your area, try and make a little comparison with the past.

For Instance:
During Gen. Sani Abacha's time, How was electricity in your area? Compare that to Gen. Abdusalam's time, Obasanjo's administration, Dr. Umar Yar'Adua's government and then to the present, GEJ's regime. It might actually surprise you to know that there has been some form of improvement in power generation. The major problem is that of distribution. Many of the transformers are old, obsolete and thorouhly overloaded. There might be general supply but your area mighy still be in darkness because of transformer issues. Moreover, a lot of Nairalanders have been hugging transformers of late, so what do you expect? If there is 1 thing I would give to GEJ & his Lootocrats, it would be in the improvement on power generation.

If like causinsult me, the truth still stands as I have said it. Ask anybody that works in power generation, they will coroborate my claims. I wrest my claim.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by OperaMini1(m): 11:07am On May 29, 2012
I live in the MCC Road area of Owerri, and light in my area had greatly improved. The bitter thing is that we must use Gen set, as the light normally goes off around 7pm daily. I wish they'd provide us with prepaid metres, so as to stop this over estimated bills they give us.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Acidosis(m): 11:12am On May 29, 2012
Light is almost 24/7 in Kogi state.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by denitro(m): 11:17am On May 29, 2012
chuksme: whether you like it or not GEJ is one of the worst,useless and dullest president Nigeria has never have

Serves you right
The punishment on those who cluelessly voted for a man that refused to debate.
The moment G.E.J won, I left Nigeria.
cheesy cheesy Right now, I m living in a country with a morally and hardworking president that cares about
its citizens and enjoying 24hrs power supply cheesy cheesy

IF THE NEXT ELECTION RESULTS IN CHANGE, I WILL RETURN. UNTIL THEN.
NIGERIANS THAT VOTED FRESH AIR AND WICKEDNESS... ENJOY YOUR HARDWORK YOU
PUT IN THE LAST ELECTION.... SUCKERS
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by serenegroup(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2012
for six months now in pasali kuje area of abj i avent seen light transformer is faulty and d annoying thing is dat my dad doesnt like gen at all. i just charge my phones in d car n hang out in d evening till ten enter house sleep.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Biggyd2: 11:21am On May 29, 2012
Well just say that I am able to connect to the web and listen to Uncle Joe's miserable speech courtesy of my gen.Got my drift? angry angry angry. All hail People Deceiving People
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Hugo7(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2012
Its Gettin worse each day...i wont be suprised if it remains like this after d next 13 years.....The rich re punishing the poor to make money in Nigeria...God help usIts Gettin worse each day...i wont be suprised if it remains like this after d next 13 years.....The rich re punishing the poor to make money in Nigeria...God help usIts Gettin worse each day...i wont be suprised if it remains like this after d next 13 years.....The rich re punishing the poor to make money in Nigeria...God help us
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Dtwoabbey(m): 11:31am On May 29, 2012
lwise: The power supply from PHCN in my area is nothing to write home about these days.We usually have nothing less than 16 hours of supply in a day before but now we have maximum of 4 hours in a day.The connection in my area is from a 33KV line(power line).Im just wondering,if it could be as bad as this in my neighbourhood how will it be in other places especially those that took supply from 11KV line.
ur own area good pass my own area sha. Nigeriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, where are we heading to?
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Biggyd2: 11:32am On May 29, 2012
Flyboy Zee: @ all posters above,
lets be objective & not be quick to blame everything on GEJ, even if he has not met our expectations.
Before you complain of power supply in your area, try and make a little comparison with the past.

For Instance:
During Gen. Sani Abacha's time, How was electricity in your area? Compare that to Gen. Abdusalam's time, Obasanjo's administration, Dr. Umar Yar'Adua's government and then to the present, GEJ's regime. It might actually surprise you to know that there has been some form of improvement in power generation. The major problem is that of distribution. Many of the transformers are old, obsolete and thorouhly overloaded. There might be general supply but your area mighy still be in darkness because of transformer issues. Moreover, a lot of Nairalanders have been hugging transformers of late, so what do you expect? If there is 1 thing I would give to GEJ & his Lootocrats, it would be in the improvement on power generation.

If like causinsult me, the truth still stands as I have said it. Ask anybody that works in power generation, they will coroborate my claims. I wrest my claim.

Shall we continue in sin that grace may abide? If you know that you are not capable of addressing the incompetence of your predecessors, leave the seat or dont even vie for the post. Nigeria needs to move forward. I am tired of smaller countries in Africa poking their fingers in our face because of the ineptitude of our leaders. Being a president of a country is not akara and bread. I am tired of my country retrogressing and it will take God and someone who wants to take the bull by the horn to do that. The sooner we start the better for us!
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by phadat(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2012
Power for where? Can't even remember the last time we had PHCNlight bunch of fools keep bringing bills though makes me wonder where the country is headed
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Biggyd2: 11:39am On May 29, 2012
The most annoying part is that come June 1, he will increase tariff on power...again.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by DrugDoc: 11:48am On May 29, 2012
This guys are serious about the power issue and they will eventually succeed. Power in my area is better than it was in the past. Once GEJ and Nnaji gets through the Unions and politics, PHCN will be sold off. Then kiss goodbye to darkness.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by agabaI23(m): 11:50am On May 29, 2012
Power has improved considerably. We had some hiccups after the leakage in Kainji dam that resulted in a shut down. Not sure if they are done with maintenance but it has improved again.

What I have discovered is that the distribution may be responsible for outage in most places. Why?
In my area, we hardly had light until a transformer was added to the to share the load.

Another problem was that of low capacity and expired power cables.

You notice that most of the power cables were meant for streets that initially had 20% of the present population.

In my area, even with the new transformer, we kept having power failures until new cables were procured to replace the old ones and also to separate 2 streets that were hitherto supplied via a 70 mm line.

The Governors could help with the provision of transformers.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by silat(f): 12:03pm On May 29, 2012
The light in my area is very fantastic, I get light like 18-20hrs daily. I buy 1k fuel 4 gen weekly now n don't exhaust it.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by feeqtee(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2012
Opoki: August 5th last yrs was the last time we had electricity, it rained very brief one and The light was taken, 2weeks after we heard a maintenance was going on till January 9th...mind u the eediots keep bringing bills for non-prepaid users so on the D day of Subsidy removal, guys swung into action, busted the Nepa undertaking loot and set ablaze two big Massive Transformer... Since then we've been on our Own!
LOL! Guy na wah o una dey vex o, but now sha na NEPA turn for una area.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Bright2(m): 12:21pm On May 29, 2012
The area i am now light has been stable in Benue state any way,atleast it's appreciating but where i reside in port Harcourt is no go for electricity irrespective of the injection station PHCN built to step down electricity from 33kv line to 11kv proved abortive as there is conjestion already on 33kv lines which lead to rationing between people using 33 & 11kv lines.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by donigspain(m): 12:24pm On May 29, 2012
GREATLY IMPROVED... HIGH VOLTAGE (high current) of about 16 to 20 hours every day.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by feeqtee(m): 12:25pm On May 29, 2012
Where I live, the light is so good as in that ironing a shirt takes two weeks, except when its approachin payment time(last 3 days of the month)you can iron 6 shirts and 3 trousers.

1 Like

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by simongonner: 12:33pm On May 29, 2012
we have light atleast 12hrs everyday,but we ration the light..TWO DAYS ON ONE DAY OFF..Presently nw as am posting no lyt.....
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by VINOTIN: 12:43pm On May 29, 2012
Infact I am very dissapointed. Why? In my area Sabon gari kano for the past 3 weeks there've nth been power supply. Yet the useless phcn distributs dia useless bills some times i biggin to wonder what the bills are for. May be the bills are for holding the power supply. They better stop their estotting. Or face being beaten up by angry civilians.i
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by livapul86(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2012
wilxz: I have not seen light in my area FESTAC, for the past 4 days and counting...
Same here in my part of Festac. But what is really painful to me, its that just directly opposite my Close there is a good level of electricity. It's just disgusting.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Daytonbale: 1:53pm On May 29, 2012
my area is 2hrs per day

Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by member479760: 2:11pm On May 29, 2012
lwise: The reason why they want to increase the tarrif on power is what I don't know.My food don spoil finish for fridge

not only your food, but the life expectation of average naija person has reduced by 10 years owning to lack of energy. this is the only achievement of black countries.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 29, 2012
The man GEJ should be given a fair chance at least. Isn't it a bit overly optimistic to expect GEJ to do in 1/2 years, what Yaradua, Obj and Abacha failed to do in over 10 years?

After 3-4 years seems a fair period to judge this govt.

I see no reason to expect radical change, though.
Re: Democracy Day, Jonathan 1st year, How Is Power Supply In Your Area? by Horo(m): 2:26pm On May 29, 2012
for like six days now we dont have light this is the worst democracy day i ever witness previous one at least they try gave us light for the day but this na total darkness,cueless govt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan's SURE-P Is A Drain Pipe On Nigeria's Economy / Evidence Of 1000 Snipers revealed / Bishop Oyedepo Says Election Was Rigged; Daddy Freeze Attacks Him (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.