Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,302 members, 7,829,708 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. (3071 Views)

I Went To The Future Today And I Have Proof ! (+PICTURES) / What I Went Through For Believing We Could Defeat PDP – TINUBU / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Struck By Sudden Stroke--rushed To England For Intensive Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by OneNaira6: 1:22am On May 30, 2012
Ejiné: @OneNaira, nwannem, ofeke ahu kporo onwe ya Shymmex nwere ahu agadi, mana uburu o nwere bu nke umuaka. Ife m ji uburu ya agba kitaa bu ife a n'akpo "Pool"(snooker) grin
Obucha egwuregwu grin

Chei insult upon injury. grin grin grin grin grin oh chineke na, unu ga egbu madu eba
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by ektbear: 1:24am On May 30, 2012
No. They like, revere British accents.

Caribbean, French, Spanish, etc are not held in as high esteem.

Like, any movie about the Greeks, Romans, or ancient times, anything from fantasy...British accent they'll use.

I just find it kind of interesting.

I also wonder if it spoils some of these movies/tv shows for British folk. E.g., Game of Thrones where so many characters have a Scottish accent...does it spoil the "mood" a bit of the show for Scottish people? grin

To be watching something on TV set in a fantasy world, but where so many characters speak exactly like you do?

Anyway, just some idle thoughts.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 1:28am On May 30, 2012
Since, you want to do English 101, a language you're very poor at communicating with - with your bush igbotic accent... I'll take time out to read through your worthless verbose (sighs!) - and correct you badly written grammar...

Ejiné:
And your dumb pauper dad himself was evidently too dull and broke to afford a [size=14pt]condomm(SIC)[/size] the night he was going to phuck your child prostiitute of a mom in that derelict shack in Peckham. Because if he had actually done this, he would've saved humanity the pain of having to accommodate a glorified imbeciile like you
Oh yeah, I just read your dumb post again, and it did nothing but highlight your skull-shattering [size=14pt]idiiocy (SIC)[/size] in 3D. Why not accept that you didn't get the joke (obviously because you're too dull) and move on instead of trying to defend the indefensible? Don't you know how [size=14pt]stupiid(SIC)[/size] this makes you come accross as? ALL THE JUNK IN THE FIRST PARAGRAPH MAKES NO DAMN SENSE... POOR PUNCTUATIONS, AND VERBOSE - A DECENT ENGLISH SPEAKER SHOULDN'T USE IN THIS DAY, AND AGE!!!

And from your futile recitations about erosion and Flooding [size=14pt](WHO THE PHUCK STARTS A WORD IN A SENTENCE WITH A CAPITAL LETTER?1?)[/size], it goes to show the only [size=14pt]mooron (SIC) [/size]with a microscopic IQ in this equation, is none other than Shymmex, the failed Peckham street urchin

It's a well known fact that powerless fools who get bested in a war of words, normally resort to worn-out recitations as a final attempt at scurrying away in fear, so I'm not surprised at this predictable cry from you. [size=14pt]ANOTHER VERBOSE JUNK, WHO WANTS TO READ ALL THESE?1?!?[/size]

And please, for your own sake, desist from further opening your own nyash by picking on people's word usage on this site, because looking at your history of woes, you've long been exposed as an empty barrel who can barely construct a decent sentence to save his miserable life.. [size=14pt]FOOL, I TOLD YOU TO BE CONCISE AND DIRECT WITH YOUR WORD USAGE - I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO READ JUNKS..[/size]
Regards

I don't have time for your shyte, man... I'm a street urchin - but I still lead a life - you will only dream about... I'm not in your class, and we don't belong in the same league - never have, and never will...

As for the rest of junk, only your fellow uneducated igbotic clowns are proud of your stupidity...

Stay clear of my comments - I don't have time for uneducated retards like you... I knock people like you out - because it's pointless trying to go back and forth with a down syndrome having son, of an eunuch father...
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by OneNaira6: 1:40am On May 30, 2012
ekt_bear: No. They like, revere British accents.

Caribbean, French, Spanish, etc are not held in as high esteem.

Like, any movie about the Greeks, Romans, or ancient times, anything from fantasy...British accent they'll use.

I just find it kind of interesting.

I also wonder if it spoils some of these movies/tv shows for British folk. E.g., Game of Thrones where so many characters have a Scottish accent...does it spoil the "mood" a bit of the show for Scottish people? grin

To be watching something on TV set in a fantasy world, but where so many characters speak exactly like you do?

Anyway, just some idle thoughts.

I thought that had more to do with mis-education of Americans than holding British accents in esteem. Unfortunately the nation, though not all but the majority, have misconception that all European accents except Ireland, french and Italy sound British. Eastern Europe differ from other European countries but every country in Eastern European sound Russian. If you noticed whenever they pretending to be Caribbean, they use the Jamaican accent. For South America, they use the Mexican accent. For Asian (excluding middle east and India), they used Chinese accent. For Africa, they used Shaka Zulu accent(not SA but Shaka zulu from the movie). I thought they just weren't aware of the accents within the continents.

That is what I noticed but I could be wrong.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Ejine(m): 2:00am On May 30, 2012
shymmex: Since, you want to do English 101, a language you're very poor at communicating with - with your bush igbotic accent... I'll take time out to read through your worthless verbose (sighs!) - and correct you badly written grammar...

I don't have time for your shyte, man... I'm a street urchin - but I still lead a life - you will only dream about... I'm not in your class, and we don't belong in the same league - never have, and never will...

As for the rest of junk, only your fellow uneducated igbotic clowns are proud of your stupidity...

Stay clear of my comments - I don't have time for uneducated retards like you... I knock people like you out - because it's pointless trying to go back and forth with a down syndrome having son, of an eunuch father...

Beautiful! Let me now highlight your idiiocy (oh yes!) even more! grin

I find it funny that you said you were going to correct my grammar, only to go through all my posts picking out my spellings and capital letter usage! Classic! grin
With this show of shame from you, I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt, that you don't even know the meaning of the word "grammar" shocked Because those, my friend, are NOT grammatical errors, but misspellings purposely done to circumvent the Nairaland word filter engine, you MOOORON! grin

"Stupiid" when spelled correctly, is automatically changed to "Silly" - if you had half a brain you would've figured that out by now.
And the capitalization was done as a result of my phone's T9 which recognized and immediately completed the word itself in its own format.

Is that your definition of GRAMMAR? grin
My gaaaad! Do you now see why I say you're very dull? Obviously, you DON'T even know what grammatical errors really are!! grin shocked
Peckham dunce! grin Take my advice and come enrol in the Almajiri schools already. You're a total disgrace!
Save the little wretched reputation you still have left and desist from making a total imbeciile of yourself grin
Oya come and talk.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by ekubear1: 2:05am On May 30, 2012
One_Naira:

I thought that had more to do with mis-education of Americans than holding British accents in esteem. Unfortunately the nation, though not all but the majority, have misconception that all European accents except Ireland, french and Italy sound British. Eastern Europe differ from other European countries but every country in Eastern European sound Russian. If you noticed whenever they pretending to be Caribbean, they use the Jamaican accent. For South America, they use the Mexican accent. For Asian (excluding middle east and India), they used Chinese accent. For Africa, they used Shaka Zulu accent(not SA but Shaka zulu from the movie). I thought they just weren't aware of the accents within the continents.

That is what I noticed but I could be wrong.

Hrm. The rest might be true. But regarding Spanish accents, Mexican accents are pretty distinctive from other Spanish accents.

So they definitely won't use Mexican accents to portray Argentinians or people from the Dominican Republic, for example.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Ejine(m): 2:06am On May 30, 2012
And the dullard even worsened his case by picking out those spellings.
The funny thing is he never actually could highlight any REAL grammatical errors. Talk about a proud mooron in a London slum.

And if they ask tomorrow, na fools like this go also follow dey shout "I'm based in London". grin

LMFAOOOO!!! Clearly, a pig in make-up is a pig no less.
A dullard will remain a dullard, no matter where you ship him to grin
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 2:08am On May 30, 2012
^^^Who wants all the junk you posted again?? grin grin I see why people say you guys are monkeys... Come direct, and be concise if you want to do a back and forth... I can't be arsed to read your shyte..
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 2:12am On May 30, 2012
I'm not based in London - I'm from here, faggit..

Not on your level - never have, and will never be.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 2:15am On May 30, 2012
Watch him post another essay smh. Monkey see, monkey do.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Ejine(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2012
shymmex: ^^^Who wants all the junk you posted again?? grin grin I see why people say you guys are monkeys... Come direct, and be concise if you want to do a back and forth... I can't be arsed to read your shyte..

Ewuooooo! The coward don tire! grin grin
So you "can't be arsed" to read my shyte/junk, but ironically, you've been reading and replying them since morning. grin What a self-destroying contadiction from our resident dunce! grin Clearly, you're even too dull to remain consistent.

And what's the matter, huh? No more "grammatical" errors to fish out? Finally ran out of juice? grin
Toooooo baaaaad.

Biko, hurry up and come home, so you can start getting measured for your Almajiri school uniforms. grin

You're a size 84, right?
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Ejine(m): 2:20am On May 30, 2012
shymmex: Watch him post another essay smh. Monkey see, monkey do.

Of course, no wahala. This is a sport for me, and I'm enjoying this view of your stupiidity. grin

And you won't believe the number of people currently with me in this room, laughing their arses off at the spectacle.

So keep posting, slum boy... Your stupiidity is my joy grin cool
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 2:22am On May 30, 2012
^^^Fool, copying my writing style.. grin grin grin grin

Just say you're obsessed with me, faggit..

Stop stalking my post, I'm allergic to butt pirates... I've been ignoring you for three week now, I don't even know why I responded today gosh..

I'll leave bittyend, and arole_odua to smash your face in like they always do, faggit.

Enrol yourself, and your igbotic pops into the almajiri school - it sure will help you guys polish up your igbotic accent...

I'm done with you... The chics are looking for me on another thread...------------------------------->>>>>>>>
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by OneNaira6: 2:30am On May 30, 2012
eku_bear:

Hrm. The rest might be true. But regarding Spanish accents, Mexican accents are pretty distinctive from other Spanish accents.

So they definitely won't use Mexican accents to portray Argentinians or people from the Dominican Republic, for example.

Have you watched Friday? I can't remember whether it was the second or the third, I know it wasn't the first. When dede moved into the surburbs with his uncle and cousin, the neighbor were both a spanish woman and thugged out puerto ricans. Despite the actors actually being latinos, they spoke with a mexican accent as oppose to puerto rican accent except the sister whom actually spoke in a puerto rican accent.
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Ejine(m): 2:35am On May 30, 2012
shymmex: ^^^Fool, copying my writing style.. grin grin grin grin

Just say you're obsessed with me, faggit..

Stop stalking my post, I'm allergic to butt pirates... I've been ignoring you for three WEEK now, I don't even know why I responded today gosh..

I'll leave bittyend, and arole_odua to smash your face in like they always do, faggit.

Enrol yourself, and your igbotic pops into the almajiri school - it sure will help you guys polish up your igbotic accent...

I'm done with you... The chics are looking for me on another thread...------------------------------->>>>>>>>

Another GBAGAUN from the "Grammatical" Champion!!! grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
"I've been ignoring you for three WEEK"? shocked Ewuoooooooo!!! Chi mo! This is even worse than I thought!
We must speed up production of the uniforms, because agwo nokwa n'akirika! shocked cry

Oh, by the way, did you just mention Arole Odua? You mean the same loser ID of yours that had his throbbing arse handed to him by Ekwy Nwa so badly he was crying over the boards, accusing her of being Nnenna1?

Or do you mean Bittyend? Your other loser ID that just had his arse mercilessly beaten by Aerosapien to the point he also started running around the boards accusing him of being Ejine?

If there's one feature those vanquished 'derivatives' of yours have in common, it's the same habit of getting their arses whooped in the most humiliating manner grin

By the way, I read that thread where you accused me of being Areosapien, Dede1 etc, and I'm still laughing at your crude stupiidity grin
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by OneNaira6: 2:38am On May 30, 2012
Ejine biko hapu ya. I'm begging you hapu ya. E ga egbu madu
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by Nobody: 3:37am On May 30, 2012
So now, this thread has turned into a 2 page rant about who has more English knowledge than the other?

Anywhere you see jobless men sitting in more than two, expect them to bytch at each other like women.

Anywaz, since you're already half-way done, why not make this more interesting by turning it into a tribalistic fight?
Re: I Went To England And They Spoke American??? Why Is This? Lol.. by ekubear1: 3:55am On May 30, 2012
One_Naira:

Have you watched Friday? I can't remember whether it was the second or the third, I know it wasn't the first. When dede moved into the surburbs with his uncle and cousin, the neighbor were both a spanish woman and thugged out puerto ricans. Despite the actors actually being latinos, they spoke with a mexican accent as oppose to puerto rican accent except the sister whom actually spoke in a puerto rican accent.

I've seen the first one, but don't remember any Hispanics in it. So I guess it must be the 2nd or 3rd?

That is pretty lame if true lol.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Twitter Reacts To Obanikoro’s Funky Campaignslogan “#korobucci” / Jungle Justices! Suspected Suicide Bomber Burnt Alive By Mob In Gombe [photos] / Pdp Winning In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.