Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha (6392 Views)

Navy Uncovers Illegal Refineries In Niger-delta (photos, Video) / NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Factory Loaded With Expired Condiments / Police Uncover MASSOB Bomb Factory In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by TonySpike: 6:16am On May 29, 2012
By ENYIM ENYIM

THE National Agency for Food, Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, has uncovered an illegal drug factory in Onitsha, Anambra State, even as it seized fake drugs and equipment worth over N20 million in Onitsha.

Deputy Director of NAFDAC, Special zonal office, Mr Benson Kine told newsmen that the illegal factory had been functioning as a family cottage business.

Kine said the factory, following a tip-off by public-spirited individual, was discovered at a residential duplex on Commercial Avenue, Fegge, Onitsha, in the Federal Housing Estate of Fegge community.

He said NAFDAC and the police team apprehended a woman named (withheld) who claimed her husband owns the house and the illegal factory.

The NAFDAC Director said the woman’s husband had been at large for some time now abandoning his family after NAFDAC and the police team raided their house and confiscated the fake drugs and equipment.

According to him, “we are yet to get her husband, who she alleged owns the house and illegal factory as well as do the supply of the fake drugs and procures materials for their manufacturing. From available sales receipt recovered from them; they supply the products to Idumota Market, Lagos, Kano as well as Maiduguri in Borno State and they had been in the business for some years now. The suspect, her children and relatives have not found anything wrong in running an illegal and fake drug factory all these years.

Kine said the suspects had been transferred to the agency’s investigation directorate in Lagos for further investigation and prosecution.

The fake drugs recovered are as follows: Minadex Tonic and Multi-Vitamin for Children – 100 cartons by 12 bottles by 200 mililitres and Merit Liquid Quinine – 17 cartons by 40 bottles by 200 mililitres.

Other are: Festdrine (Anti-malaria) – 16 cartons by 100 bottles by 100 mililitres; Glibebenclanide (Anti-malaria) – 37 cartons by 1000 tablets by 5 mililitres and Geofage 500 (Anti-Diabetic) – 70 cartons by 500 tablets by 500 militires.

The equipment included: three hot-air-gum machines for shrink wrapping, two cartons sealing machines, improvise vice device for printing numbers and a nylon sealing machines.

Other are: a full keg of chloroquine Forte, rolls of taper prove nylons, five sack filled empty pack of Merit Quinine and insert label containing fake NAFDAC numbers and manufacturer address.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/nafdac-uncovers-illegal-drug-factory-in-onitsha/
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by TonySpike: 8:56am On May 29, 2012
While reading this report, I wondered why any sane person would acquire hi-tech equipments only to produce low-quality drugs to kill fellow humans like him. Some people are just too pathetic and inhuman!

1 Like

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 29, 2012
And yet we are quick to blame our leaders for corruption. This country is sick to the core!

2 Likes

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by chuks49(m): 3:22pm On May 29, 2012
Where is Bluetooth
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by velo10: 3:23pm On May 29, 2012
It would ahve been better if these fake drug dealers were feeding us placebos than drugs we don't know. God help us
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by jason123: 3:26pm On May 29, 2012
This country is effing scary! MEHN! Recipe for genocide all because of MONEY! I wonder why these people refuse to feed their families with these drugs?!

1 Like

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by texazzpete(m): 3:32pm On May 29, 2012
DEATH PENALTY, PLEASE.

i'll pull the trigger myself.

2 Likes

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by ballabriggs: 3:34pm On May 29, 2012
If we talk now them go say we done come. This thing is as terrible as Boko Haram.
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by OAM4J: 3:37pm On May 29, 2012
This is wickedness. All in the name of making money!

Imagine people dying cos of malaria after spending money to buy such fake malaria drug?

Terrible!
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by ektbear: 3:37pm On May 29, 2012
I wonder how many died from taking these fake drugs.

Pure evil.

And then people wonder why many don't trust buying anything made in Nigeria.

Who wan die?
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by aljharem(m): 3:43pm On May 29, 2012
angry angry angry angry angry

I see why Asians kill people that sell fake drug angry angry angry

Imagine a scenario when a poor mother buys drugs only to discover that it is the same drug that killed her child.

Wicked,
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Ngwakwe: 3:45pm On May 29, 2012
During my time as Electrical / Instrument Engineer in Leonamead at Aba, NAFDAC approved Tura Soap when our Lab Scientist mistakenly wrote the Caustic content of the soap to be 0.9 instead of 0.001
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by aljharem(m): 3:49pm On May 29, 2012
Chai, Nigerian would indeed miss Dr Dora Akunluyi
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 29, 2012
alj harem: angry angry angry angry angry

I see why Asians kill people that sell fake drug angry angry angry

Imagine a scenario when a poor mother buys drugs only to discover that it is the same drug that killed her child.

Wicked,

I hope you see what our biafran neighbours are doing to us;selling fake drugs to Yorubas and hausas in order to reduce their population.If I talk now,you will scream tribalism.Ibo people make una take am easy o . grin

1 Like

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 29, 2012
ballabriggs: If we talk now them go say we done come. This thing is as terrible as Boko Haram.

we know where they come from but unfortunately,they sell the fake drugs to westerners and northerners ! Imagine,lagos and maiduiguri as if to exterminate them. angry
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by BlackPikiN(m): 4:28pm On May 29, 2012
Ojudu expressed this while delivering a lecture on “Rekindling Patriotism in the Public Service”, at the 3rd edition of Radio Nigeria monthly lecture, suggesting [size=25pt]that leaders found guilty of corruption should be executed just as they do in China and some Asian countries.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/944689/senator-ojudu-wants-corrupt-leaders#10896591
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 29, 2012
......and that is just one discovered out of several thousand of them. Shame.
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by TolaniLuv: 4:37pm On May 29, 2012
iWeep for my nationsad but, why would someone with their right state of mind sell fake drugs for fellow human? Wickedness I will rather die poor than be happy seeing people die everyday cuz of dis!

I remember in 2009 I bought a beecham ampiclox at a near by chemisty I kept using this for 3 days I didn't see any changes I had to get a new one from my mom docs! I opened the one I bought I found out it was just a white shock powder inside compare to the one my mom doc gave me. I went to meet Nnmadi I told him , haha he beg and told me to take anything from his shop and keep it a secret. Imagine, I report to the police but nothing was done about t till today his shop is still there.

Useless and wicked people!! God will judge una in abundance " Amen
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by arimahoseloka(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2012
i feel so sorry for this country it has come to a point where people have become so desperate for money that they are willing to do just anything. so so sad......
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by Tabs2B(m): 5:34pm On May 29, 2012
....crave 4 moni can make u do anyfin.Everyday 4 a thief & onli 1 dey 4 d owna of the houz.Wonder how many people ona don kill sef.Let dem face the ful arm of the law.
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by LogicMind: 5:35pm On May 29, 2012
ballabriggs: If we talk now them go say we done come. This thing is as terrible as Boko Haram.

Why you go talk, mumu? No be una come fight make we join you in your one nigeria? Nama ffuckerr
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by LogicMind: 5:36pm On May 29, 2012
Tabs2B: ....crave 4 moni can make u do anyfin.Everyday 4 a thief & onli 1 dey 4 d owna of the houz.Wonder how many people ona don kill sef.Let dem face the ful arm of the law.

dem suppose catch am first.
nigeria police: hahahahaha!
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by bashr8: 5:51pm On May 29, 2012
Share 'NAFDAC uncovers fake baby drugs’ factory'in ibadan oyo state

The South-West zone of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control has uncovered a dilapidated building around Agbeni Market, Ibadan, Oyo State, where fake drugs are allegedly being produced. Operators of the illegal factory were said to be adulterating a brand of baby delivery tonic known as Baby Delivery Mother Tonic otherwise known as Abiwere Herbal Mixture. The agency…

Read more:http://www.gbooza.com/page.html#ixzz456 http://www.gbooza.com/main/sharing/share?id=5506827%253ATopic%253A38507#ixzz1wHJ34Z00

NAFDAC shuts fake pharmaceutical factory in Kano

National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has shut down a Kano-based pharmaceutical factory for engaging in the production of contaminated drugs.

The factory, New Bethel Pharmaceutical Limited, was sealed-off by NAFDAC regulatory officers for operating under poor condition and violating manufacturing practices by producing a Vitamin B complex heavily contaminated with microbial growth.

Acting Deputy Director in charge of Kano Special Zone of NAFDAC, Mr. Sariel, who led a team of Regulatory Officers to the Dakata-Kawaji factory in Kano, said among the offences committed by the pharmaceutical company were: “inadequate manufacturing equipment, poor record keeping, filthy water treatment facility, barely equipped laboratory for drug analysis, poor batch coding of products and untrained personnel”.

Mr. Sariel said that NAFDAC management had decided that the factory should be relocated to a new environment conducive for production of quality drugs.

Mr. Sariel called on well meaning Nigerians to always report any suspected case of fake, expired or contaminated drugs to the nearest NAFDAC office for appropriate action.
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by muyoto: 6:21pm On May 29, 2012
^^^what exactly is your point? #zeezh undecided

1 Like

Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by yarodin: 6:37pm On May 29, 2012
I do not condone selling illegal drugs that is just straightout evil. My issue though is how quickly some idiots are to insult and blame all Igbos for the evil done by a few miscreats. But when it comes to Boko Haram blowing up Igbos all we hear is "What are those greedy Igbos doing up North". Keep it up you bloody BASTARDS, you will surely get yours.
Re: AMAZING: NAFDAC Uncovers Illegal Drug Factory In Onitsha by prettyrich(f): 6:53pm On May 29, 2012
NAFDAC should pls tell us hw to identify the original NAFDAC No.i jst bought one of the drugs(minadex multivitamin) they mention for my kids last nite,though am in PH.But cant risk it,throwing it away rite now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Reopens 3rd Mainland Bridge Today / UN, African Leaders Hail Nigeria MDG Efforts / Stella Oduah To Appear Before Senate Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.