Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash (11963 Views)

40 Killed As Cameroonian Troops Chase Boko Haram Into Borno Village / 40 Killed As JTF Takes-over Maiduguri Wards / Over 40 Killed In Renewed Nasarawa Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Solarinnergy: 6:43pm On May 29, 2012
Ekt bear,jst listen 2 urslf
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by noiseless: 6:45pm On May 29, 2012
So sad, just to enable cattle rearers hausa/fulani to conduct their businesses with comfort, many lives have gone just like that.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by donigspain(m): 6:48pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:

The bolded part made me laff. Means you do not really know AK people. Those guys fight over land with virtually all their neighbours. They have fought with Ngwas (Abia), Umuahians (Abia), Ogonis (Rivers) and Akpabuyos (Cross River). What is just and peaceful about fighting your neighbors all over the damn place?

^^^So true... Cross Riverians (Obubra LGA) are also quite ruthless when it comes to land matters. The first set of people they kill in communal clashes are usually either roasted or cooked and all the young able-bodied men made to eat the 'delicacy' which is believed to harden their hearts.
To add to ur list, they're currently at 'war' with boundary-village in Ebonyi state.

List of people and their 'NO GO AREA'...
1. Hausas (religious beef)
2. Fulanis (cattle matters)
3. Ndigbos (money matters)
4. Yorubas (recognition/psychic gain)
5. Middle-belt, Ngwa people, Akwa Ibom, Ebonyi (land matters)
6. Niger Delta (resource control).

1 Like

Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 29, 2012
donigspain:
^^^So true... Akwa Ibomites are quite ruthless when it comes to land matters. The first set of people they kill in communal clashes are usually either roasted or cooked and all the young able-bodied men made to eat the 'delicacy' which is believed to harden their hearts.
To add to ur list, they're currently at 'war' with boundary-village in Ebonyi state.

And some people said there are no cannibals in Nigeria?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

All Nigerian tribes are cowards - till they tell me why they all ran, tail between their legs when the white man came calling. grin grin grin
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 29, 2012
Muslims kill muslims,christians kill christians.killing in north,south.hypocrisy of false religion.true religion does not involve in killing.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by donigspain(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2012
shymmex:

And some people said there are no cannibals in Nigeria?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

All Nigerian tribes are cowards - till they tell me why they all ran, tail between their legs when the white man came calling. grin grin grin

Bro, Africans really fought back. If the invaders (British, French, Arabs, Portugues) were to have come with similar arms e.g. bows & arrows, am quite sure they wouldn't have succeeded in stepping their foot on our shores. Imagine going into battle with knife, clubs, spears and arrows (effective mostly over a short distance) against someone with guns and cannons. If ur people were captured without putting up a fight, mine wasn't (I still have a slain white-man's 'helmet', boots and gun as a trophy in my family's 'museum').
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by SamIkenna: 7:15pm On May 29, 2012
donigspain:

^^^So true... Akwa Ibomites are quite ruthless when it comes to land matters. The first set of people they kill in communal clashes are usually either roasted or cooked and all the young able-bodied men made to eat the 'delicacy' which is believed to harden their hearts.

I'm not sure of the bolded.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by ak47mann(m): 7:16pm On May 29, 2012
brothers fight and make up most southern towns and villages are made up of different clans and ebony state just had their own land problem the other day,the problem with the northern Nigeria apart from middle-belt were the Hausa/Fulani are fighting the indigenous but the core northern states are islamic fundamentalist.They rather live with AQD terrorist and be happy,a cicular state like nigeria have 12 states practicing sharia law sad so i cant go there and live my life freely,people should grow up apart from clashes here and there in the south it can be curtail it will not chase the investors away from Nigeria,but northerners with their suicide bombings and killing UN officials is a good example of religious ideologies.We are not fools so as the western world cool
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:

Just shut up, you little i.d.i.ot. Those motor park touts that kill themselves everyday nko? What about awon gbomogbomo and human rituals that strut the SW?
What about the dreaded armed robbers that have taken over the entire SW? Shey Ife and Modakeke don do their own finish?

Bigger idiiot. . . .MODAKEKE/IFE wahala was a long forgotten issue and there hasnt been such skirmish in the SW since then.Who would want to go to the east notoriously synonymous with armed robbery and kidnapping when you can live comfortably in the west ? No wonder y'all cant live in your region for fear of being kidnapped ! Btw,how far about ezza/ozzalla people,are they on recess ? grin grin
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 29, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Where were you when berom christains were eating hausa/fulanis in jos ?didnt you see the video on youtube ?
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by donigspain(m): 7:31pm On May 29, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

»»RESEARCH««
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by mimifonwon(f): 7:40pm On May 29, 2012
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nchara: 8:09pm On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Bigger idiiot. . . .MODAKEKE/IFE wahala was a long forgotten issue and there hasnt been such skirmish in the SW since then.Who would want to go to the east notoriously synonymous with armed robbery and kidnapping when you can live comfortably in the west ? No wonder y'all cant live in your region for fear of being kidnapped ! Btw,how far about ezza/ozzalla people,are they on recess ? grin grin

Talking about community (Yoruba on Yoruba) clashes since Ife-Modekeke. More coming, excluding the uncountable motor park touts fighting and killing themselves everyday all over Yorubaland and human rituals where husbands kill wives and parents kill kids for money rituals

1. https://www.nairaland.com/362539/police-boss-burnt-death-ogun

2. Baale recounts how he was beaten off his throne, village by thugs •Community begs Ogun govt, IGP to intervene

http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=994:baale-recounts-how-he-was-beaten-off-his-throne-village-by-thugs-community-begs-ogun-govt-igp-to-intervene&catid=32:crime&Itemid=47
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by nison(m): 8:15pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:
AK people are unappeasable. I understand my own maternal community fought them to a stand still in the 80s. To them, land is everything.
Why r u tekin it so personal? Young man in life we disagree 2 agree, wot's ur beef wit Aks? 've u heard from both sides Mr Chief Judge?
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by donigspain(m): 8:51pm On May 29, 2012
nison: Why r u tekin it so personal? Young man in life we disagree 2 agree, wot's ur beef wit Aks? 've u heard from both sides Mr Chief Judge?

Sorry if it hurts but Nchara simply spoke the truth.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 29, 2012
~Bluetooth:

The only safe haven in Nigeria still remains the South west. See how calabar people dey slaughter themselves like rats.Pathetic I tell ya. angry

Sincerely, I'm disappointed in U!! Am not even sure u read through b4 posting this trash!
Wot do u understand by Calabar people?
Why drag d state capital into this?
Who is even dragging bragging-rights with south west?
Go and use water n wash ur yansh after pooing joor! Toilet tissue is too expensive 4 u! pathetic slow fellow!
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 29, 2012
Nigerian people are best in only 2 things: killing eachother and corruption.

Chai sad
Bad people terrible nation
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:

Bull. Okay. I agree they kill themselves over land just like Umuleri and Aguleri, Ife and Modakeke, Tiv and Jukun, Fulani and Hausa etc have killed themselves over land in the past
But why are Boko Haram (northern muslims) killing others and not themselves?
Because they are wiser than u do.MUMU..Stick to d topic you slowpoke.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 29, 2012
nchewi:

Sincerely, I'm disappointed in U!! Am not even sure u read through b4 posting this trash!
Wot do u understand by Calabar people?
Why drag d state capital into this?
Who is even dragging bragging-rights with south west?
Go and use water n wash ur yansh after pooing joor! Toilet tissue is too expensive 4 u! pathetic slow fellow!

Sorry. . . .It's not in my attitude to argue with minorities,so you are so fu-cked buddy ! tongue dont bother replying cuz i will ignore ya silly asss. grin
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Kc3000: 9:17pm On May 29, 2012
Something is amiss here. This is exactly how Fulani people have attacked in all their fights in recent years, ask any of their victims in the middle belt. . .they arrive in the middle of the night, surround their target, and they particularly take measures to diminish the likelihood of anyone escaping. Lest I forget, they also have a fetish for beheading their victims.How do you attack your immediate neighbors, in the middle of the night, maiming and killing all in sight(women and children included), when you are not at outright war? Fulani never had a problem with these types of operations, because they hit you and keep it moving to another location. The gruesomeness, the tactics deployed and the sheer number of people killed(40) in one swoop, just screams FULANI to me. I could be wrong, but that is just my gut feeling.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by 1025: 9:27pm On May 29, 2012
may b de wil start from u first, cos am sure dere are pple u might hv caused pain, consiously or unconsiously unknown

@dedeman,
you are sounding like jonathan who refused to say amen when a prayer was said against corrupt leaders. listen, my bible tells me to suffer not a witch to live.
no matter how u look at it, those who live by the sword must die by the sword.
our rulers do not value our lives and it is a natural law that what u wish others will come to u. those who wish us death will replace us in the grave.
if u are part of this wicked generation of rulers, repent today but if you remain in the act, the anger of God will fall upon and ur generations.
if you read the book of Proverbs 29:2, it says, when the wicked is in authority, the ppl mourn but when the righteous is in power, the ppl rejoice. wwhat are we doing as nigerians today? who do you think is in power? the bloods of innocent citizens dying everyday because of the selfish interests of those in the sit of powers will never go without vengeance. the evil that men do, lives with them today.
be careful the way you threat those under you.
do not say a stranger did not warn you.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by aljharem(m): 9:32pm On May 29, 2012
This is very sad cry cry cry

Olorun dabo bo won cry
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Ahmedie25(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2012
some southener has b blinded by sentiment,4o peoples had be massacre in south & some folish people are stil blaming north,guys wake up jo
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Emylexray(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2012
So sad, when will these killings stop? Human life don't mean a thing this days.
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by LagosShia: 10:50pm On May 29, 2012
Christians and their "love thy neighbor" religion!!! grin

in January,it was 55 people massacred in another "love thy neighbor" state-Ebonyi State:

https://www.nairaland.com/836412/ebonyi-communal-clash-claims-55
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by LagosShia: 11:01pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:

Nduchuks

Any kind of killing is condemnable by all means; so I condemn this killing news you have ''GRACIOUSLY'' broken. But let me ask you: this people are fighting over land and killing themselves, thus neither of them is innocent. Why are your northern Boko Haram people killing innocent non-northerners who are not taking their land? Care to explain to us?

why are you lying? check this just yesterday:

https://www.nairaland.com/948897/boko-haram-jihad-christians-rev/2#10946697

Note that this killing has to do with Fulani, cattle rearers. Your brothers are trying hard to divide the south.

it has to do with cattle rearers because one set of "love thy neighbor" indigenes claimed land to rent to cattle rearers while another set of "love thy neighbor indigenes" objected.it is "love thy neighbor" indigenes killing themselves.didnt you read that the fulani rearers were not involved in the clash?
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Victorjoseph(m): 11:08pm On May 29, 2012
If na boko haram make dem no near cross river state at all
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by vingar: 11:39pm On May 29, 2012
Nchara:

Just shut up, you little i.d.i.ot. Those motor park touts that kill themselves everyday nko? What about awon gbomogbomo and human rituals that strut the SW?
What about the dreaded armed robbers that have taken over the entire SW? Shey Ife and Modakeke don do their own finish?
iiidiot wir gbomogbomo no dey for 9ja
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by queensmith: 11:45pm On May 29, 2012
What tribe are cross rivers and akwa ibom? are they efik?
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by Nobody: 12:01am On May 30, 2012
This is one of the most senseless a clashes I've ever heard of. The police should not relent in bringing the perpetrators to book. angry
Re: 40 Killed, Village Head Beheaded In Cross River Communal Clash by LadyAmaka(f): 12:31am On May 30, 2012
May the souls of the victims rest in peace, Amen (tears)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 13, Sack Rivers Community / The Wife Of Shehu Ibrahim Iniyass "Seida Bilikisu" Give Up The Soul / Accord Presidential Candidate, Imumolen, Tackles Peter Obi Over Economic Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.