Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Low-cost Construction Options - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Low-cost Construction Options (5024 Views)

Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja / Lagoon Front Land Available For DREDGING In Ibeju. for sale, lease or JV options / Wall Finishes -3d Panels, Wallpapers, Painting Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2007
There are so many different construction options available when it comes to putting up a house. Here in Nigeria, we insist on using concrete blocks. This thread is to help share knowledge on what is available out there. Please post your comments.

Some known alternatives are:
Hydraform blocks - on-site production
Pre-fab buildings
Brick buildings with on-site production
varying options for cement/clay mix when making blocks
On-site production of Clay Roofing tiles
etc.

Please share wink
Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 10:00am On Nov 21, 2007
Some examples of mud/clay + concrete homes:

Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 10:02am On Nov 21, 2007
Some examples of mud/clay + stone homes:

Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 10:04am On Nov 21, 2007
Some examples of mud/clay + concrete homes:

Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 10:08am On Nov 21, 2007
Another example of mud work

Re: Low-cost Construction Options by idea(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2007
HELLO,I APPRECIATE THIS INFO YOU SUPPLIED.I'VE HEARD ABOUT THE USE OF BRICKS.ARE U INTO THE BUILDING OF LOW COST HOUSES?
PLEASE REPLY ME THRU: idea1612@yahoo.com
& paste FOR ALL TO GAIN.
Re: Low-cost Construction Options by nettan: 2:42pm On Nov 22, 2007
Could you analyze cost of using alternative construction materials vs concrete/blocks?
Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2007
I'm still trying to gather as much info as possible myself. Will keep u posted, meanwhile please share what you already know.

The company that built the house below is indian, and they have constructed over 6000 of such mud residences in india. I mailed them and they say they have their engineers on ground at Abuja doing some develompent project. So we may be seeing an influx of more of such companies coming into Nigeria to use our own raw soil to build.

Also, habitat for humanity is building 2-bedroom bungalows here in Nigeria at a cost of N600k using soil bricks. They also have company presence here

Re: Low-cost Construction Options by onaf: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
the indian company building low cost houses.pls can i have their addresss/email/website and the phone no in nigeria.i u ave more detail.pls email david_onabajo@yahoo.com or 08023306703.thanks.waiting for ur reply
Re: Low-cost Construction Options by thirdeye(m): 10:52pm On Nov 25, 2007
Houses built with mud refined is gradually spreading out, I know of an Engineer in Ekpoma that has perfected this trade.
I just hope we keep developing this in our own way and one day we will internationalized our own identity.
Thanks for the post.
Re: Low-cost Construction Options by masakelari: 12:32pm On Nov 27, 2007
The name of the Indian Company is HABITAT TECHNOLOGY GROUP. I don't have their contact numbers but you can reach them via email on habitat@asianetindia.com or habitat@md3.vsnl.net.in. I've cut and paste a brief on them from the net below:

"Habitat technology group is a non-governmental organisation providing architectural solutions using appropriate building technologies. It is founded by Architect Shankar G, who is a native of Trivandrum.

His passion as an architect was to provide housing solutions for not just the elite who can afford the luxury of paying an architect's fee, but the thousands who have very small budgets but still want to fulfil their dream of a lifetime of building and owning their home. His office set up is such that any person from any class of the society can walk into his office and ask for his services with only one precondition that the building should be constructed solely with environment sensitive technologies."

Their website is: http://www.habitatgroup.org

Please let us have any other company details. I know a company did something similar in Jigawa state.

@thirdeye,
pls give us the details for the guy at Ekpoma so those interested can contact him.

(1) (Reply)

CAMBERWALL ADVANTAGE PHASE 3 & 4 LEKKI LAGOS! THE EPITOME OF LUXURY! / 2 BEDROOM Duplex In Pennisula Garden 40m Last!!! / Why Did Nigerians Stop Using Louvers Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.