Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

Will There Be Any Developed Black Nation In My Life Time? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Will There Be Any Developed Black Nation In My Life Time? (836 Views)

Top 10 Least Corrupt Nation In The World / . / Is It Possible In Any Developed Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will There Be Any Developed Black Nation In My Life Time? by naijawebe(m): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2007
I left Nigeria in the late 80s, and have been back home 4 or 5 times. Every time I visit, the situation in Nigeria is always worse than the last time I came. Why are BLACK PEOPLE always retrogressive why WHITES are progressive? There is no Nation ruled by blacks, dominated by blacks that are upward moving or DEVELOPED. We are selfish, inwardly senseless, and outwardly stupid. My question then is do you believe that BLACKS and WHITES were created by the same GOD ALMIGHTY? Our leaders, since Shehu Shagari till this day including the present President has always deemed it fit to run this country to the ground, because there is hardly any prosecution either from the courts (The court is also corrupt anyway)or from “WE THE PEOPLE”. Our past leaders have stolen so much money from the Nation’s coffers that the country has been completely grounded. What then happened to our intellectuals in Nigeria? Our politicians behave like illiterates, and of course that is what they are. Educated illiterates, and why has military rulers turned politicians always ruled us? Great countries are always governed by well EDUCATED individuals. Good examples are that of USA, GREAT BRITAIN, FRANCE, GERMANY et al. Our Nigerian politicians run for office poor and become billionaires once they leave office, and there is no single outrage from the citizens. I WEEP FOR MY COUNTRY AND CHILDREN. Our generation blew it, and I hope generations after us does not follow our footsteps, because we are a disgrace and nothing to write home about. Everybody wants to get rich very quickly not minding how you arrive at the ill-gotten wealth, Nigerians always sing the praises of corrupt politicians. Here in the US where I reside, it is almost an abomination to tell a white man or woman that you are a Nigerian, because the first thing that crosses his mind is “FRAUDSTER”. A nation full of hopes and dreams, but a people full of despair and lost hopes. “THE TROUBLE WITH US IS THAT WE WOULD RATHER BE RUINED BY PRAISE THAN SAVED BY CRITICISM”. I leave with this my fellow Nigerian “A NATION CAN BE ONLY AS GREAT AS ITS PEOPLE WANT IT TO BE. A NATION CAN BE ONLY AS FREE AS ITS PEOPLE INSIST THAT IT BE. A NATION’S LAWS ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS IT’S PEOPLE WILL WANT TO SEE .
Re: Will There Be Any Developed Black Nation In My Life Time? by uspry1(f): 4:23pm On Nov 20, 2007
You asked us about "is there any black developed nation in your lifetime?" What about Caribbean on a tropical island that is African root? Why not you settle down there in Caribbean?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Tumfulu? / Must Read: The Gospel According To Agaba123 / Is This Not Another Scam? Please Helppppp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.