Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Religion Breeds Irresponsibility - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Breeds Irresponsibility (1155 Views)

Religion Breeds Hypocrisy-Fmr Pentecostal Pastor / Dog Breeds, Banned? / So Which Is The True Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by LogicMind: 9:58am On May 30, 2012
Before the europeans and arabs came with their fake religions, we africans used to take our destiny in our hands. We believed that everyone is responsible for one's action and that there's a direct consequence for every misbehaviour.
Foreign religions have removed these responsibilities from us. We now find ourselves in situations where we ask god to do everything for us and blame the devil for our shortcomings.
An Okada thief was caught recently in Onitsha and the crowd wanted to lynch him. He fell down and started crying. When asked why he wanted to steal, he said he didn't want to but that the devil made him do it. He was crying and shouting that most people had pity on him and some even proposed taking him to a local church for deliverance.
This is what religion have done to us.
We now elect "leaders" who instead of working tell us that "god is in control". If your doG is in control, what tha fvck are you doing in government house? And we don't even question them when they mention god, because it is abominable to do so.
I can no longer have a decent conversation with someone without them mentioning of god at each turn.
God has became an escape route when confronted with a dilemma: "leave it to god", "god will judge him", "only god knows", "god dey o" etc.
Meanwhile, the country is falling to pieces, even as we call god more and more. Anybody can be a "good" leader as long as he calls god everyday. I remember a conversation I had with a friend when Yar'Adua was elected president. I asked him why he campainged for and voted Yar'Adua. His response: "because he is a god fearing man".
He doesn't care about his qualification and experience and leadership abilities. All that matters was that Yar'Adua was god fearing.
We need to abandon these foreign gods that has done us no good at all and go back to our roots. Retake our destiny from imaginary beings and become responsible and accountable individuals once more.
The first step is usually the hardest step but this one is very easy: STOP GOING TO CHURCHES AND MOSQUES.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 10:08am On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind: Before the europeans and arabs came with their fake religions, we africans used to take our destiny in our hands. We believed that everyone is responsible for one's action and that there's a direct consequence for every misbehaviour.
Foreign religions have removed these responsibilities from us. We now find ourselves in situations where we ask god to do everything for us and blame the devil for our shortcomings.
An Okada thief was caught recently in Onitsha and the crowd wanted to lynch him. He fell down and started crying. When asked why he wanted to steal, he said he didn't want to but that the devil made him do it. He was crying and shouting that most people had pity on him and some even proposed taking him to a local church for deliverance.
This is what religion have done to us.
We now elect "leaders" who instead of working tell us that "god is in control". If your doG is in control, what tha fvck are you doing in government house? And we don't even question them when they mention god, because it is abominable to do so.
I can no longer have a decent conversation with someone without them mentioning of god at each turn.
God has became an escape route when confronted with a dilemma: "leave it to god", "god will judge him", "only god knows", "god dey o" etc.
Meanwhile, the country is falling to pieces, even as we call god more and more. Anybody can be a "good" leader as long as he calls god everyday. I remember a conversation I had with a friend when Yar'Adua was elected president. I asked him why he campainged for and voted Yar'Adua. His response: "because he is a god fearing man".
He doesn't care about his qualification and experience and leadership abilities. All that matters was that Yar'Adua was god fearing.
We need to abandon these foreign gods that has done us no good at all and go back to our roots. Retake our destiny from imaginary beings and become responsible and accountable individuals once more.
The first step is usually the hardes step but this one is very easy: STOP GOING TO CHURCHES AND MOSQUES.

A good slave never leaves his master. Too many Nigerians are slaves to foreign religions. Slaves to the non-existent Gods. The have submitted their will to a fake god.

I am just annoyed at the willful ignorance that is pervasive in the Nigerian society today, we place religion over human beings in Nigeria.

Given the choice between going to heaven and feeding/housing fellow Nigerians, many would choose going to heaven out of ignorance and religious brainwashing
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 10:31am On May 30, 2012
I feel and I know that if an atheist rules nigeria,nigeria would be better of.....

Because I know God doesn't take sides in todays politics.....

Nigeria is so demented because religion has tried to mix with politics.....

Hypocrisy here and there.......

U see a governor steals,rigs election,joins ogboni but still wants to call himself a follower of christ......

Why not choose 1 and leave d other..........

1 can't slave for 2 masters.....

Choose either d world or choose to follow christ completely......

Logicmind and logic boy oya make ona come be president of nigeria.........

Lol
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 12:54pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid: I feel and I know that if an atheist rules nigeria,nigeria would be better of.....

Because I know God doesn't take sides in todays politics.....

Nigeria is so demented because religion has tried to mix with politics.....

Hypocrisy here and there.......

U see a governor steals,rigs election,joins ogboni but still wants to call himself a follower of christ......

Why not choose 1 and leave d other..........

1 can't slave for 2 masters.....

Choose either d world or choose to follow christ completely......

Logicmind and logic boy oya make ona come be president of nigeria.........

Lol
It's not just about getting into poltics. I would be assassinated on the first day of my presidency. The thing is that you have to get a lot of Nigerians to understand that atheists are not devils before attempting to become an elected official
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On May 30, 2012
logicboy:
It's not just about getting into poltics. I would be assassinated on the first day of my presidency. The thing is that you have to get a lot of Nigerians to understand that atheists are not devils before attempting to become an elected official

Hehehehehehehehe

Ur afraid of being assasinated

Just join ogboni and u'll be covered......

Lol
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 2:53pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehehehe

Ur afraid of being assasinated

Just join ogboni and u'll be covered......

Lol

Ogboni? Kai, even the name be like murder
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 30, 2012
i am going to have to go through the route of Christianity because that's what i know.
i do agree that some Nigerians can be ridiculous in their approach and mentality to the things of God. The problem is not the religion itself but the way some have chosen to interpret it. Growing up in a christian home, i never really got to know the God i was serving because it was mandatory for me to be a christian anyway. i mean, i didn't have a choice when my parents were involved. You go to church every Sunday because that's what you freaking do! Leaving home and finding Christ on my own, you find out many lies you were told by other Christians that wasn't in the bible. If you have ever read the bible, you would see different cases where hard workers were rewarded. In-shut, the bible considers laziness as an evil spirit.
My point is the concept of salvation is never really spoken about in Nigeria, most people grow up thinking they are "Christians" but never ever sought for him on their own; they never got to have a relationship with Jesus Christ. They simply do not understand the nature and things of God. They base their knowledge on absurd truths that some quixotic persona told them and Christian norms/lies that has been passed down for years. Mathew 7:21-22 was kind of a warning.

I know this is off point but @ Logic Mind what does your signature mean, just curious!(Biafra & Occupation)!!??!!?
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by LogicMind: 4:39pm On May 30, 2012
Shollypopz:

I know this is off point but @ Logic Mind what does your signature mean, just curious!(Biafra & Occupation)!!??!!?

Na wa for you o. If look at my post in politics section, you'll understand.

I used to have a signature about my witch-hood for jesus, his inexistent father and a call for harder prayers, but jesoul banned me so I went into politics and adapted my signature accordingly. Nothing personal.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by Ptolomeus(m): 4:53pm On May 30, 2012
@ Logic Mind and @Logicboy
The one you have been of the best exhibitions I've read in the forum.
Thank you for bringing common sense to such radicalization.
In Africa continue to accept the concept that their beliefs, traditions and culture were savage ... that Europeans came to save ...
Today, after centuries of colonization, I would ask what was the gain cultural, religious, economic in Africa?.
Thank goodness there are people like you in Africa.
My warm greetings to both!
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2012
logicboy:

Ogboni? Kai, even the name be like murder

Lol......

Fear fear boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 30, 2012
Logic Mind:

Na wa for you o. If look at my post in politics section, you'll understand.

I used to have a signature about my witch-hood for jesus, his inexistent father and a call for harder prayers, but jesoul banned me so I went into politics and adapted my signature accordingly. Nothing personal.
i never thought it personal. u still didn't explain what it means. how is Biafria tied into Nigeria's occupation and why is the liberation needed? Jeez, English! nothing to be paranoid about.....
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by LogicMind: 4:58pm On May 30, 2012
Shollypopz:
i never thought it personal. u still didn't explain what it means. how is Biafria tied into Nigeria's occupation and why is the liberation needed? Jeez, English! nothing to be paranoid about.....

I was just trying to avoid derailing the thread and refered you to the polical section. We discuss religion here. My signature is political. Comprende?
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 30, 2012
^^ angry angry angry angry undecided
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 5:14pm On May 30, 2012
Ptolomeus: @ Logic Mind and @Logicboy
The one you have been of the best exhibitions I've read in the forum.
Thank you for bringing common sense to such radicalization.
In Africa continue to accept the concept that their beliefs, traditions and culture were savage ... that Europeans came to save ...
Today, after centuries of colonization, I would ask what was the gain cultural, religious, economic in Africa?.
Thank goodness there are people like you in Africa.
My warm greetings to both!

Gracias Ptolomeus!
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 5:14pm On May 30, 2012
ijawkid:

Lol......

Fear fear boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol

I like my life
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ogoamaka99(m): 8:45am On Jun 01, 2012
Oh! what a pity.When someone who need pity tend to pity someone far better-of.By this thread the poster is trying to prove that one who is not religious is better of than one who is religious. Haba! God have mercy.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 8:53am On Jun 01, 2012
ogoamaka99: Oh! what a pity.When someone who need pity tend to pity someone far better-of.By this thread the poster is trying to prove that one who is not religious is better of than one who is religious. Haba! God have mercy.

Have you looked at the most peaceful countries in the world? They are secular and have a high amount of atheists compared to the rest of the world.

The least peaceful are very religious.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Have you looked at the most peaceful countries in the world? They are secular and have a high amount of atheists compared to the rest of the world.

The least peaceful are very religious.

Would d atheist countries be peaceful forever..??

Peace is relative my brother in dis crazy world..................

I believe russia is gettin prepared for some kinda war.........

I believe they r pre-dominantly. Atheists.......
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 10:37am On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Would d atheist countries be peaceful forever..??

Peace is relative my brother in dis crazy world..................

I believe russia is gettin prepared for some kinda war.........

I believe they r pre-dominantly. Atheists.......

See this illiterate, it is America, Iran and Isreal that are warmongering. No need to tell you that it is religious consevatives in those country that are looking for war against infidels

We live in the present and presently, secular countries are the most peaceful
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

See this illiterate, it is America, Iran and Isreal that are warmongering. No need to tell you that it is religious consevatives in those country that are looking for war against infidels

We live in the present and presently, secular countries are the most peaceful

Like I told u peace is relative.....

So wait b4 u start praising ur crazy atheist nations......

We are watching....

I'll remind u when they all start getin mad.....

U wanna exonorate atheists and put all d blame on religion.......??

Sometin must be wrong with ur head.......

I'll remind u of this discussion in times to come

U wanna tell me all d nuclear war heads been produced and weapons of mass destruction been produced were made by religion...............
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Like I told u peace is relative.....

So wait b4 u start praising ur crazy atheist nations......

We are watching....

I'll remind u when they all start getin mad.....

U wanna exonorate atheists and put all d blame on religion.......??

Sometin must be wrong with ur head.......

I'll remind u of this discussion in times to come

U wanna tell me all d nuclear war heads been produced and weapons of mass destruction been produced were made by religion...............

America had those Nuclear weapons for Hitler- Hitler was a mad catholic who killed Jews

America was a country that was still skeptical about teaching Evolution in schools at 1945. Werent the leaders that authorized the Atomic bombing christians? Harry Truman, Roosevelt, Parsons and Tibbet?

You should read more

You should read more

Athiests are not perfect and so are religious people. Religious people are sometimes even worse
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

America had those Nuclear weapons for Hitler- Hitler was a mad catholic who killed Jews

America was a country that was still skeptical about teaching Evolution in schools at 1945. Werent the leaders that authorized the Atomic bombing christians? Harry Truman, Roosevelt, Parsons and Tibbet?

You should read more

You should read more

Athiests are not perfect and so are religious people. Religious people are sometimes even worse

U can say what u wanna say bro....

Time will tell.......

Life goes on....

I'll refer u back to this post when it starts happening....

As for me I follow Jesus who would never pick up arms to fight or go to war irrespective of the reason......

I am neutral like Jesus and his disciples who didn't engage in any killings or warfare......

Time will tell who are true christians and how they differ from atheists in so many ways......
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Time will tell.......

Life goes on....

As for me I follow Jesus who would never pick up arms to fight or go to war irrespective of the reason......

I am neutral like Jesus and his disciples who didn't engage in any killings or warfare......

Time will tell who are true christians and how they differ from atheists in so many ways......

Jesus was not totally good; he was also a racist and a coward.

Racism;
Jesus was racist towards the Canaanite woman, rejecting her at first because she was a Canaanite and not the lost sheep of Isreal. He went as far as calling her a dog

Matthew 15:21-28
New International Version (NIV)
The Faith of a Canaanite Woman

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

Jesus was a coward who never addressed the slavery that was common place around him.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Time will tell.......

Life goes on....

Apostle Paul told slaves to obey thier masters. What a douchebag
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 1:32pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Apostle Paul told slaves to obey thier masters. What a douchebag

Ya misunderstanding and mis-interpretation of pauls word is what has kept u deluded....................

I have explained several times what paul meant but u wouldn't listen to realy understand d import of his words......

What did paul mean when he mention slaves be obedient to ur masters

Was he talking about christians taking slaves for themselves or that christians shuld take part in slave trade?
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by LogicMind: 1:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Ya misunderstanding and mis-interpretation of pauls word is what has kept u deluded....................

I have explained several times what paul meant but u wouldn't listen to realy understand d import of his words......

Was he talking about christians taking slaves for themselves or that christians shuld take part in slave trade?

When paul said slaves should be obedient to their masters, i think paul meant that slaves should be obedient to their masters.
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Paul said that slaves should be obedient to their slave masters end of story.

You have tried and failed to remix it but it means what it mean "obey your masters".

Or we can play this game where we deny the meaning of statements

-"Ijawkid is a bastard child and a loser"

-What I really mean is that we are all bastard children of the god and we are all sinners (losers)!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 2:12pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Paul said that slaves should be obedient to their slave masters end of story.

You have tried and failed to remix it but it means what it mean "obey your masters".

Or we can play this game where we deny the meaning of statements

-"Ijawkid is a bastard child and a loser"

-What I really mean is that we are all bastard children of the god and we are all sinners (losers)!!!!!!!!!!

Ok let's be pragmatic......

Hw many of d early christians owned slaves and how many were slaves??$

I have always told u that ur a slave too........
But u always deny it...

Because In ur brain whenever u hear slave/master its always transatlantic slave trade........

Logicboy ur obsession with slavery is just too much....

Its like u wuld have made a wonderful slave during d slave trade era

Lool
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 2:15pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Ok let's be pragmatic......

Hw many of d early christians owned slaves and how many were slaves??$

I have always told u that ur a slave too........
But u always deny it...

Because In ur brain whenever u hear slave/master its always transatlantic slave trade........

Logicboy ur obsession with slavery is just too much....

Its like u really wanna be a slave

Lool

Slavery existed in the middle east/Isreak at the time of Jesus. It is very possible that the early christians had slaves. Furthermore, why would Paul tell slaves to obey their masters if christians did not have slaves?
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by ijawkid(m): 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
logicboy:

Slavery existed in the middle east/Isreak at the time of Jesus. It is very possible that the early christians had slaves. Furthermore, why would Paul tell slaves to obey their masters if christians did not have slaves?

So christians were d masters and never d slaves

Ur saying ""it is very possible that d early christians had slaves"" shows that u urself isn't sure of ur claim........

Read this scriptures and tell me if they sound contradictory to pauls words u've been quoting since time immemorial just to prove ur slavery issue....

1 corinthians 7:21-23.....

Paul was saying that christians should stop being slaves of men.....

How do u compare that scripture to ur "" literal slaves obey ur master"" theory?

Slavery encompassed a lot of things.....

I gave u an employer/employee relationship but u would run away from it.....

Those bible admonisions from paul is what christians hold on to to be honest @ there work places.......
Obeying there bosses and employers...

Even when things aren't going on right christians are encouraged to endure,not to fight back or steal from there masters(employers)

Read also this scripture titus 2:9 $ 10
And colossians 3:22 $ 23

Early christians were either self employed or they worked for persons....

Paul himself was a slave so to speak........

Its either ur d boss or some1 is ur boss.......

One way or d other we are all slaves.....

But ofcus God is our grand master..........

Whom ever u serve ur a slave to that person....

That's why paul could again say @ galatians 5:13 that christians shuld slave for one another

Don't always envision d slavery d isrealites passed thru under d hands of d egyptians as d only definition for slavery or one being a slave........

It encompasses a lot..............
Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by logicboy: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur saying ""it is very possible that d early christians had slaves"" shows that u urself isn't sure of ur claim........

Read this scriptures and tell me if they sound contradictory to pauls words u've been quoting since time immemorial just to prove ur slavery issue....

How do u compare that scripture to ur "" literal slaves obey ur master"" theory?

Those bible admonisions from paul is what christians hold on to to be honest @ there work places.......

Even when things aren't going on right christians are encouraged to endure,not to fight back or steal from there masters(employers)

That's why paul could again say @ galatians 5:13 that christians shuld slave for one another

Don't always envision d slavery d isrealites passed thru under d hands of d egyptians as d only definition for slavery or one being a slave........

You're a big doofus! The two passages you put up support slavery!!

Titus 2:9-10
9 Teach slaves to be subject to their masters in everything, to try to please them, not to talk back to them, 10 and not to steal from them, but to show that they can be fully trusted, so that in every way they will make the teaching about God our Savior attractive.

1 Corinthians 7:21-23
21 [b]Were you a slave when you were called? Don’t let it trouble you—[/b]although if you can gain your freedom, do so. 22 For the one who was a slave when called to faith in the Lord is the Lord’s freed person; similarly, the one who was free when called is Christ’s slave. 23 You were bought at a price; do not become slaves of human beings.

As for your employee/employer analogy, you fail. Do you not know the difference between an employee and a slave? Are you that dense?

Okay, lets examine this;

My brother works as a manager for my father's company. However, my father works as an adviser/consultant in my brothers small business. Who is the slave here? Your slave analogy fails

Ijawkid, you have officially been debunked!

Re: Religion Breeds Irresponsibility by LogicMind: 3:16pm On Jun 01, 2012
ijawkid:

This is one of the greatest nonsense i've read on nl. (and nl is full of nonsense)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rome Sweet Home-the Conversion Of Dr Scott Hahn / Dr Zakir Naik In Lagos / What Can Stop You From Attending Church Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.