Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,340 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Etteh Grammer! - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Etteh Grammer! (767 Views)

Ibadan Girls And Their Grammer / Mogbe Oooo: See Grammer / Words Of Etteh! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etteh Grammer! by fakande(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
Please find below a snippet from the many blunders of our dear "Speaker who could not Speak'.

Enjoy it , ,

1) On the day the National Assembly was inaugurated, Mrs. Patricia Olubumni Etteh reminded House of Representatives members of the need to register their names, warning that any person who failed to do so would have their name "striking out". Slip of tongue? Perish the thought. The following day she repeated the phrase "striking out" several times.

2) When a motion was tabled, she asked the member who was speaking, "are you in support of favour?"

3) Any time the ayes have carried the day on the floor, she wastes no time in announcing, "the hayes has it".

4) Giving her defense before the David Idoko panel, Etteh informed the nation that she spoke to the management of the national assembly if due process was followed and each person "answered in the affirmation action".

5) When the German Ambassador in Abuja visited her, the Speaker enthusiastically announced that the first place "I visited as a young parliamentarian was a German"

6) When the Spanish Ambassador paid her a courtesy visit with a fairly large delegation, an impressed Etteh spared no effort to "welcome the strangers".

7) When officials of FERMA visited the House, Speaker Etteh urged them to urgently "make our roads habitable".

cool To demonstrate the urgency of fixing major roads nationwide, she did not fail to make the point of the "deploration state of our roads"

9) When a House member tabled a motion on the unenviable condition of Kaduna Airport , Etteh called attention to the
"two run-aways of our airport".

10) Concerned about the increasing wave of vices, such as occultism on University campuses, excessive drinking, smoking and womanising by our youths, she has set for herself the task of reducing, if not, eradicating these social vices, which she colourfully
calls "social devices".

11) In far-away South Africa , at a meeting of the African Parliamentary Union, Speaker Etteh stated that Nigeria has vast land where agriculture could thrive so much that it could serve as an alternative source of foreign exchange, or in her own words, " Nigeria has fast land where agriculture is alternate"

12) To Etteh, the comity of nations can sometimes be referred to as "international countries".

13) To her, the office of the Speaker had regained its aura as, not just an exalted place, but an "exotic office".

14) The House had become respected as "a hollow chamber", rather than just a hallowed chamber.

THANK GOD SHE WAS IMPEACHED. ALL DIS GRAMMER FIT MAKE DEM DEPORT ALL NIGERIANS WEY DEY JAND FOR ABUSE OF ENGLISH GRAMMER. grin grin grin
Re: Etteh Grammer! by clemcykul(f): 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2007
thanks for exposing urself! this joke has not been long posted by some1 else dat indicates u hardly read other posts embarassed quite disheartening embarassed anyway Etteh can alwayz come on saturdays to make my hair grin grin grin
Re: Etteh Grammer! by brimbrack(m): 2:06pm On Nov 21, 2007
stale but still funny.
Re: Etteh Grammer! by Aussie(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2007
Oga i fit sue u for piracy ooo.
That was my post which i got from a reliable source in my place of work and i decided to throw it to Landers. No kwams sha, all na efe.

Abeg continue to spread the newly revised english language.
Re: Etteh Grammer! by fakande(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2007
Abeg make una no vex. Na d "deploration" state of d grammer naim "affecting" me. grin
Re: Etteh Grammer! by kronkykay(m): 10:19pm On Nov 21, 2007
hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Etteh Grammer! by kronkykay(m): 10:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

chei! aunty etteh!!!!

see the kind disgrace wey you don bring to this our family.

papa used all his pension allowance to send you to the house and he had high hopes that he was gonna be the happy fada of a speaker.

not until our landlord kicked us out 2nyts ago,

now all the people on nland has gotten a wind of the numerous redefined english grammer -

am happy though, coz wat they have here s just the tip of the iceberg, they still need to get into the teabag to see watz up.

deeply saddened!

(1) (Reply)

Ituen's Application Letter / True Laws / Aremu And Stella

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.