Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria (34426 Views)

Website Designing, Development & Training / Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Teach Me Everything About Web Development In 3months And Name Your Price!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by tinkinfela(m): 7:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
sheyie2007:
nwanne, you don't know me..pls come to cape town and let me coach you. i only need to see your best work.. i'll provide mine on demand.

Lol.. who be you?
I'm not a web designer.. the business is just too saturated.. I be network guy but I build web apps for fun.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2012
tinkinfela:

Lol.. who be you?
I'm not a web designer.. the business is just too saturated.. I be network guy but I build web apps for fun.
ahahhaha, I laugh in Swahili. You shouldn't be commenting on this thread in the first place. and for the record, i'm beyond web apps.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by tinkinfela(m): 8:01pm On Jun 09, 2012
sheyie2007:
ahahhaha, I laugh in Swahili. You shouldn't be commenting on this thread in the first place. and for the record, i'm beyond web apps.

Who be you self... you're beyong web apps? like really.. you're beyond developing web apps like facebook, twitter?

This is why sites like tradestable, dealfish will come to Nigeria and just take over easily... You'll need to change your mentality

And FYI, I studied Software Engineering in Uni.. and not in Nigeria! too much talk, show us your portfolio sef make we see!

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
tinkinfela:

Who be you self... you're beyong web apps? like really.. you're beyond developing web apps like facebook, twitter?

This is why sites like tradestable, dealfish will come to Nigeria and just take over easily... You'll need to change your mentality
like I said you know nothing about me. keep running your gob.. i like it!
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
tinkinfela:
And FYI, I studied Software Engineering in Uni.. and not in Nigeria! too much talk, show us your portfolio sef make we see!
You must come from a family of douche bags to be speaking like you've done so far. You probably need more orientation.. Please travel again(i wish) come on dude..you fall your hands with that one.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2012
greenmouse: As for me here @ Green Mouse Technologies, all i will say is that the web business is lucrative only if you are talented/creative.

I made Green Mouse Tech stand out today bc of my web design skills. I will not say how much i make monthly here but i know am better than many bankers.

I have achieved alot in a very short time, Thanks to God Almighty.

You have issues with bankers or are they meant to be more successful than any other career ?
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by lordZOUGA(m): 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
Nigerian made websites really are crappy. They look alike alot, using same images and style in design ... A Nigerian web designer makes money then skill development becomes stagnant. Quite sad though.

3 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by hubreality(m): 8:49pm On Jun 09, 2012
webace:
@Chitex88,
I just want to chip in some tips...
Its a tested and proven methods.
1. Mouth to mouth
2. Local mag.
3. Google adword
4. Article marketing
5. Postals and sign
Try them out.

I hope it'll help.

To your success

Awesome

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by mrkels(m): 9:34pm On Jun 09, 2012
[size=20pt]fear dey catch una, please showcase your work along with ur tarnishing posts make we see wether na scap yeye useless website una get. all the sites i have seen here(i havnt clicked all sha) are crap except on SA one grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by brabus(m): 9:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
The professionals are doing it here. Showcase your works on this thread www.nairaland.com/959928/webmasters-showcase-projects-here#11064343

@will.i.am designed www.haggaigroup.com

Let's see your work! Talk is cheap

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 9:53pm On Jun 09, 2012
mbhs139:

I like your post. It makes a lot of sense and I'm already working towards that line of action. By the way, how long can one go with a drag and drop web site builder without knowledge in html coding. I'm currently using a drag and drop web builder and it is working fine for me though, but i wont know it shorts comings. Thanks bro. God bless you.
My guy, the secret to havin a firm expertise in web dev is knowing HTML! Without it, you would just be beating around the bush
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by funkymedina: 10:21pm On Jun 09, 2012
Who needs web designers when you have wordpress. Check out mine @naijatori.com . No skills needed, i do even more comlicated stuff.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by mAcslegal(m): 10:59pm On Jun 09, 2012
Lovely topic, actually i am a computer graphic artist, i only do web designin and its been fun, d only issue av been avn is getting a good programmer to work wit, cos i believe in teamwork..interested programmer should buzz

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by felifeli: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
The truth is that you cannot become a millionaire by doing web design in Nigeria. It is rare to find any business desperate to find someone to build a site for over 50k

3 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by bigx(m): 11:46pm On Jun 09, 2012
felifeli: The truth is that you cannot become a millionaire by doing web design in Nigeria. It is rare to find any business desperate to find someone to build a site for over 50k

For the figure you mentioned, it depends on where you are looking. There are clients who would throw out your quotation if you are too cheap as mostly cheap is synonymous with poor quality. Like the adage says, "Pay Cheap, Pay Twice". Also, think out of the box, Web Designer doesn't mean the person sits in front of a computer 24/7 designing each website, that won't bring millions. 50k you mentioned times 20 websites is 1 million Naira and that's very doable within a month as a web design business owner.

4 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by PtBlank: 12:11am On Jun 10, 2012
@ Poster, thanks for bringing up this topic. I learned Web Design by watching Joomla video tutorial last November and I got my first job last February. You can look it up at: www.premiercollegeibadan.org

I must confess its been pretty difficult getting jobs. I don't know jack about programming or html codes but I'm willing to learn.

Guys please check out http://premiercollegeibadan.org and offer constructive criticisms.

If you are viewing the website on your cell phone, please note that sometimes it opens as a blank page on my BlackBerry native browser but opens very well on Opera mini 6.5

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by taydel: 12:25am On Jun 10, 2012
sheyie2007: my site www.sciphergfx.co.za

Have just visited your site and I must confess, it's top quality. The UI is pretty neat and it's different from the lots we often see around here (though this is changing fast as Nigerian web designer are beginning to up their game). Haven gone through all the design images showcased on your site, I was compelled to comment (for the first time on NL tho). Am more of a back-end guy (php and java) and I pretty much suck at front end design even though I appreciate and can identify good jobs. So I often spend too much time on front-end design any time I compulsorily need to do it myself. Please I will love to be able to do cute front-end like you have showcased on your site. Please guide me. My email address is adetayo.rabiu@gmail.com. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chiefkpokp(m): 5:06am On Jun 10, 2012
tkovie2002 i talk ham say na one kine ode u be, so u non sabi read post abi?, that na the first website when i build u hear incase you non no. mugu boy like u, and incase if you must no, when i build this site, na our first project for test, but i decide to build my own base on my company, nothing bad at all, at lease people dey dey send me contact form, say them wan build website, and them go send money tru online without them seeing me, or come my office..... No need to drop anymore stuff here becos the kine mentality when una get for here dey una body, even if person drop the mst well design website, una must still underate the site, so whats d need, and for your information, before 2weeks time, na u go be the first person when go stumble enter my free online training website, when go cover almost free 200 lessons with free download, anyway sha, u still be boy boy... Come make i lecture u.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by chiefkpokp(m): 5:20am On Jun 10, 2012
http://www.sciphergfx.co.za/ I non see anything big here.. is this the best u can give? Actually i only see rollover effects there with some small trick, wetin again? Abeggi! una don make me waiste my time for all dis blar blar thing, U dey only web development dey run ur mouth... Come, let me tell you people, there is no need to showcase any of my Job here, na time i dey waiste.

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Pain(m): 7:12am On Jun 10, 2012
The bitter pill is that I see a lot of aspiration here than perspiration, inspiration and collaboration. The problem with my brothers is that they tend to go it all alone. Web design requires collaboration and fusion of ideas. It like building a house. No single professional should do it all. Architects, engineers, painters, bricklayers etc must be involved. Most of the posters here are mere web enthusiasts than professionals. Nigeria cyberspace will only expand when we begin to see more specialization, collabos and synergy. Its my 50 shekels.

4 Likes

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 10, 2012
Pt Blank: @ Poster, thanks for bringing up this thread.

I don't know jack about programming or html codes but I'm willing to learn.
@Pt Blank,
You're welcome.
You still need to learn the progr+html because you might want to edit the joomla site.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by ogzille(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmm.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

(seun wrap the dots)
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by a1solution: 8:18am On Jun 10, 2012
I created www.rarenewsandschools.com myself without being to any training class or assistance from anybody. I think that is my webdesign success story.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 10, 2012
a1solution: I created www.rarenewsandschools.com myself without being to any training class or assistance from anybody. I think that is my webdesign success story.
@a1solution,
keep the zeel up.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Walexz02(m): 8:57am On Jun 10, 2012
Abegii me self won sabi biuld web site
I nid tutor plz

1 Like

Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 10, 2012
Walexz02: Abegii me self won sabi biuld web site
I nid tutor plz
@Walex02,
That's a wise decision.
Becareful, when choosen a MENTOR. Use your due dilligent...

To our success!
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 10, 2012
chiefkpokp: http://www.sciphergfx.co.za/ I non see anything big here.. is this the best u can give? Actually i only see rollover effects there with some small trick, wetin again? Abeggi! una don make me waiste my time for all dis blar blar thing, U dey only web development dey run ur mouth... Come, let me tell you people, there is no need to showcase any of my Job here, na time i dey waiste.

Was more of a design guy in NG before entering web development here in SA. I'm proud to say every bit of graphics and backgrounds on that site(except the picture of that lady) was done by me. And for you guys coming up, I believe your design skills goes a long way in this game.
@chiefkpokp - to be blunt, i developed that site in a hurry just to get a contract work from a college.
www.educampus.co.za (which i developed with drupal).

Developed more dynamic ones already that's not on my site.. check more
add me www.facebook.com/scipher

my page
www.facebook.com/sciphergfx
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 10, 2012
And for the record, the best designers copy and embellish with creativity. You don't have to make a replica of someone else's work, get your inspiration and shoot.
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 10, 2012
Here's a Nigerian brother doing us proud here http://kstuntmedia.com/ ..i respect him so much!
Re: The Truths About Web Designing/Development Business in Nigeria by shilling(f): 9:40am On Jun 10, 2012
sheyie2007: Here's a Nigerian brother doing us proud here http://kstuntmedia.com/ ..i respect him so much!

Looks like a website from the 90s haha

Nice thread though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

30 Most Visited Websites In Nigeria / 13 Most Influential Websites In Nigeria And Their Founders - Factsbyjosh / Omg!!see The Power Of Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.