Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest (1034 Views)

Is This The Most Beautiful Mosque In Nigeria? / Kano City Mosque Bombing!! 400yrs Old History Broken / 5 Types Of People You Might Find In The Mosque (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by adisajoshua(m): 3:59pm On May 30, 2012
I just moved to a new place and there is this mosque with two horn speakers waking me up every 4:30a.m and disturbing other 4 times. What can I do?
Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 30, 2012
lmao, you probably can't do anything about it, so start seeing it as an effective alarm clock

1 Like

Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by Ptolomeus(m): 8:47pm On May 30, 2012
In a secular country that would not be allowed.
Everything has a cost.
Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by omosexy1: 9:10pm On May 30, 2012
Thank God you just moved into the place. You can rush up to the Landlord and request for a refund
Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by Nobody: 12:56am On May 31, 2012
Geez, op, tell me about it.
There is this big church next to my house. Every time they have services they just use their church speakers and are heard far and wide, whether you want to hear them or not.
Morning, afternoon, all night service, special prayer sessions, crusades and everything. These religious bodies sef.
Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by tbaba1234: 5:38am On May 31, 2012
It is better than living near a church in 9ja... At least, the prayer lasts for 5-10 mins at a time... So a day you get a maximum of 50mins 'disturbance' if you are home.

A church service on the other hand can go on all night... all through the weekend when you are supposed to be home.... If you take transport to work, you are forced to listen to those bus preachers whether you like it or not... It is far worse...

If you talk to the right people in the mosque, maybe there can use internal speakers for the prayer and only use the external speaker for the call to prayer.

1 Like

Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by dorox(m): 7:59am On May 31, 2012
tbaba1234: It is better than living near a church in 9ja... At least, the prayer lasts for 5-10 mins at a time... So a day you get a maximum of 50mins 'disturbance' if you are home.

A church service on the other hand can go on all night... all through the weekend when you are supposed to be home.... If you take transport to work, you are forced to listen to those bus preachers whether you like it or not... It is far worse...

If you talk to the right people in the mosque, maybe there can use internal speakers for the prayer and only use the external speaker for the call to prayer.
Maybe to you because you are a die hard muslim but as for me, i find both to be equally annoying.

1 Like

Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by adisajoshua(m): 1:03pm On May 31, 2012
thanks all, I learnt someone has talked to them b4 with no result. I have resorted to using them as alarm clock.
Re: Help ! This Mosque hornspeakers Will Not Allow Me To Rest by adisajoshua(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2012
omosexy1: Thank God you just moved into the place. You can rush up to the Landlord and request for a refund
refund? has that ever happened b4.

(1) (Reply)

17 Igbos, 2 Others Convert To Islam / Islam Among Arabs / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.