Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,718 members, 7,824,043 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) (9764 Views)

Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / Lagos Assembly Reverses Pedro's Impeachment After Eight Years / Army Alerts Nigerians On Firing Of 21 Gun Salute For Presidential Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 30, 2012
Lagos reverses sacking of 34 doctors

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said his administration had reversed the sacking of 34 doctors out of the 788 dismissed recently.

He urged the remaining doctors to end the logjam in the health sector by emulating their colleagues and appealing to the Health Service Commission, since their reinstatement was still possible.

Fashola explained that the doctors were recalled because of their appeal and positive review of their cases.

The governor spoke during a panel discussion aired live on the state television station, LTV, to commemorate his 5th anniversary in office.

He said he could not order the reversal of the sacking because it was not his own making. He explained that his powers as governor of the state did not give him power to sack or employ any doctor.

Fashola pointed out that the HSC was the body saddled with the responsibility of determining the fate of the doctors.

He said, “It is not in my power to reverse the sacking, just as I cannot determine their promotion. It is the HMC that will promote them and since I won’t be here after three years, it is better to allow procedure to take its course. It is not about me, it is about institutions.”

He however said he was still making efforts to ensure a final resolution of the crisis, adding that any doctor that appealed stood a good chance of being recalled.

The governor denied that the government reneged on its agreement with the doctors, saying the state had made efforts to ensure that doctors were comfortable.

He, however, noted that instead of incessant calls for increment by workers, the focus should be on solution to institutional imbalance and factors that weaken the currency.

He said the state government was tackling some of the problems by initiating projects to promote welfare in agriculture; housing and inter modal transportation.

The governor later inaugurated State Traffic Radio, 96.1 FM, as part of the celebration, saying that traffic information would ensure safe motoring in the state and a healthy life for its citizens.

Fashola also inaugurated a new BRT route to cover Yaba-Oyingbo-Iddo, saying it would provide sustainable.

http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-reverses-sacking-of-34-doctors/
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by aljharem(m): 11:08pm On May 30, 2012
that is a leader that listen to the people he rules.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 30, 2012
finally fashola has decided to do the right thing.i pray he still recall the remaining ones

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by moremi2008(m): 11:13pm On May 30, 2012
Are those the few doctors with connections? Bloody thief-thief governor!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by phantom(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2012
propaganda.....resident docs begin a 3 day warning strike tomorrow after which a 2 week ultimatum to the fed govt9to knock some sense into the man )begins.
lets see how far the rabbit hole goes...

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by kunmibola(m): 11:31pm On May 30, 2012
This is just my tot bt is this ethical? Why should i tbe that once a sacked worker apologizes, he gets back his work? This is nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by slimming: 11:33pm On May 30, 2012
Fashola can still do something to make things work fine.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by ZUBY77(m): 11:35pm On May 30, 2012
DDoctors are not accountants. I have not heard that docs were sacked in EU or US. Becareful Fash.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by tpia5: 11:48pm On May 30, 2012
^^and i suppose you've heard of doctors striking in Europe or the US.

you need to be careful with your idiotic utterances.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by tpia5: 11:49pm On May 30, 2012
Mkpakala: Lagos reverses sacking of 34 doctors

Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said his administration had reversed the sacking of 34 doctors out of the 788 dismissed recently.

He urged the remaining doctors to end the logjam in the health sector by emulating their colleagues and appealing to the Health Service Commission, since their reinstatement was still possible.

Fashola explained that the doctors were recalled because of their appeal and positive review of their cases.

The governor spoke during a panel discussion aired live on the state television station, LTV, to commemorate his 5th anniversary in office.

He said he could not order the reversal of the sacking because it was not his own making. He explained that his powers as governor of the state did not give him power to sack or employ any doctor.

Fashola pointed out that the HSC was the body saddled with the responsibility of determining the fate of the doctors.

He said, “It is not in my power to reverse the sacking, just as I cannot determine their promotion. It is the HMC that will promote them and since I won’t be here after three years, it is better to allow procedure to take its course. It is not about me, it is about institutions.”

He however said he was still making efforts to ensure a final resolution of the crisis, adding that any doctor that appealed stood a good chance of being recalled.

@ bolded

you people should not frustrate this man nah!!!

i tire for nigerians!! undecided undecided
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by reindeer: 11:50pm On May 30, 2012
tpia@:
^^and i suppose you've heard of doctors striking in Europe or the US.

you need to be careful with your idiotic utterances.

Turn on the news if you're in the UK.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by tpia5: 11:50pm On May 30, 2012
abeg.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by alongeyink(m): 11:56pm On May 30, 2012
Wel am not surprise hummmm such a useless set of gorvenments Badluck the president is doing his own and Fashola is workimg hard to make the poor poorer and the rich richer well amgoing no where I will wait and C what will happen to their useless govenmnet at the end of their tenure. AMwaiting!!!!b!! Useless people.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by newsgistscom: 12:00am On May 31, 2012
am so so ashamed of a useless govt via www.urhooks.com
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by sano4jobs: 12:35am On May 31, 2012
moremi2008: Are those the few doctors with connections? Bloody thief-thief governor!
Some of you guys are so myopic that you cannot see beyond your nose. What has connection got to do with those who decided to appeal to the Health Service Commission, for their reinstatement. Read well before you reply to any post.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by leo083: 12:55am On May 31, 2012
Guys pls pls n pls, enough of these lies in the media, the 34 drs that were claimed to be reinstated were never fired in the first place cos they were on leave when they sacked the 788 drs, fashola n the media are deceiving people, Only God will judge

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 1:56am On May 31, 2012
If na PDP sack doctors....ACN for d blast PDP.....buh nw see wat ACN is doing in lagos state.....dat means if d are given maybe d presidency.....ACN would do worse dan PDP........it seems to me dat ACN tif pass PDP...na just opptunity dem neva get....
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by icez: 1:58am On May 31, 2012
Honeyhill: If na PDP sack doctors....ACN for d blast PDP.....buh nw see wat ACN is doing in lagos state.....dat means if d are given maybe d presidency.....ACN would do worse dan PDP........it seems to me dat ACN tif pass PDP...na just opptunity dem neva get....

+10000
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by aljharem(m): 2:00am On May 31, 2012
Honeyhill: If na PDP sack doctors....ACN for d blast PDP.....buh nw see wat ACN is doing in lagos state.....dat means if d are given maybe d presidency.....ACN would do worse dan PDP........it seems to me dat ACN tif pass PDP...na just opptunity dem neva get....

But ACN listen to the people, have PDP listen to the people ? Yes or No

da.ft argument my brother

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 2:12am On May 31, 2012
@harem.......if ACN listens to d people Y ve d not heard lagos doctors up till nw..........
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by aljharem(m): 2:18am On May 31, 2012
Honeyhill: @harem.......if ACN listens to d people Y ve d not heard lagos doctors up till nw..........

bleep ACN, the only thing I like about ACN is Fashola and Oshomiole the rest are no different to PDP to me.

Now if meant to say Fashola, if so then I would say AT LEAST HE HEARD and responded unlike those that don't respond so they don't look weak.

Being brave/strong leader is not by turn deaf ears to the people you rule, it is about listening and the ability to learn and adjust to situations (how they present themselves.

To show effective leadership, you listen and learn from you people. You might prove stubborn but if your people are unwilling then try to see things from their point of view. That is effective leadership my brother of which Fashola just demonstrated.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Nobody: 2:33am On May 31, 2012
@ harem......u see, smbody just said here dat d reinstatd onces wer dose dat wer on leave.....wat can u say about dat....becos i knw fashola is a lier.....i rem smtime he said to d media dat he was paying doctors dia full CONHESS......wer as it was a big lie ...am sure tis dat statement dat got doctors angry even nw......
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 4:11am On May 31, 2012
34 doctors don answer query and recognized the authority of their employer. The rest go soon smell coffee abd begin beg.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by gregg2: 4:18am On May 31, 2012
The reinstated doctors were either
on leave or further studies during the strike and were never part of the 788 sacked.

Shame on Fashola!!
Lies! Lies!! Lies!!! everywhere.
Nigerian politicians are all the same whether ACN, GEJ, Tinubu, PDP, Fashola, Obasanjo
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Sanguine77(m): 4:33am On May 31, 2012
But the truth remains that doctors are hardly sacked in anywhere in the world. Also doctors hardly queue for employment and as such will not be triply bothered if sacked unlike bankers and others. Why do we even make so much fuss about nothing? After all our hospitals are not working; most of the doctors are incompetent while basic health infrastructure is lacking. Police went on strike and we did not die so their own strike and subsequent sack does not bother people like me afterall, I dont visit the hospital except to donate my fuckin' hard earned blood.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 4:45am On May 31, 2012
gregg2: The reinstated doctors were either
on leave or further studies and never part of the 788 sacked.

Shame on Fashola!!
Nigerian politicians are all the same whether ACN, GEJ, Tinubu, PDP, Fashola

According to the NMA right?

Den never jam. This strike is their Waterloo. Next time, they'll think twice before holding us hostage for ransom.

Ko ni da fun won. Useless PDP errand boys
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by StarrMatthieu: 4:50am On May 31, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
gregg2: The reinstated doctors were either
on leave or further studies and never part of the 788 sacked.

Shame on Fashola!!
Nigerian politicians are all the same whether ACN, GEJ, Tinubu, PDP, Fashola, Obasanjo
bump

1 Like

Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by EkoIle1: 4:57am On May 31, 2012
You can bump it a million times if you like, the useless doctors go still remain sacked.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by Samsonferan: 5:30am On May 31, 2012
I dnt knw y we keep on backing up parties instead of saying d facts. Acn or pdp, Fashola, Tinubu, obj and so on are al thiefs. Masses are suffering
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by femmy2010(m): 5:54am On May 31, 2012
Doctors were trained to save lives not to continually take them with their regulat strikes. Nobody is saying they shouldn't seek for a better take home package but they should very much consider the sick and helpless.
We see doctors at war fronts placing saving a life above even their personal comfort.
Re: Fashola Reverses Firing Of 34 Doctors (Out Of 788) by TMoni1(m): 6:10am On May 31, 2012
I really don't understand why some retarded fellows will support the incompetence and employees dat claims to be bigger than its employer. This doctors are definitely out of line and they should remain sacked 1million times. I bet all of you here supporting d doctor have neva experienced how dis people work, there salaries should even be reduced as far as am concerned.

We all know politicians are jacks but if you're not satisfied with your employer...resign!!! And not be your employers oga.

The doctors on leave were neva sacked! A friend is in dat category.

Fashola might be a thief but a smart politician

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sen Ayogu Eze And Other South East APC Governorship Candidates Visit Osinbajo / Akwa Ibom State Election - Akpabio loses re-election bid! / Buhari: Nigerians Can Look After Themselves When Infrastructure Is In Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.