Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do You Have A Career Mentor? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do You Have A Career Mentor? (8131 Views)

5 Most Important Factors In Choosing A Career Mentor / In Need Of A Career Mentor In Electrical & Electronics Engineering. / Why You Need A Career Mentor In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by ayomifull(f): 1:10pm On Dec 03, 2007
@ bolaoni, its not late if you get to see this before thursday, rte will be presenting a short slot on it this week thursday during the 6 o'clock news. Hoping to hear from you shortly ;and have a blessed week.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by bolaoni(m): 1:35pm On Dec 03, 2007
No problem ayomifull, I look forward to seeing you LIVE.

Where are the rest of the team o. olanajim, are U in Abuja now?

feed me with info ooooooooooo
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by realcele: 4:47pm On Dec 03, 2007
I was interested in this topic as am out for a mentor myself, one i can see face to face or talk to over the phone as i mentor myself now through reading other people's experieces which at times i think have being diluted. Springfield was mentioned and i expect this link to have at list list of information on mentoring services even if names cant be mentioned but organinzation shold be.
Apologies for the next comment to @olanajim as i dont particularly respond to individul opinions but cant beat this and i quote "I see myself as illiterate and I am still learning." . I read most of your commnets on naira land (areas that catch my eyes) which are quite interesting, i would not call you illitrate as you can read and write and only very few people are as they made us to believe in Nigeria.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by yimiton(f): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2007
This sounds interesting. I don't have a career mentor and it's true, I get tired of a job easily and start thinking of moving.
How can I get a mentor? I'll like to keep my job for a long time. At least two years.
This question has probably been answered in a post or two but I can't go through all the posts. They are too long.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by dot2002(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2007
mentor! i want one too
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by feeqtee(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2007
@olanajim'
@bolaoni,
@almondjoy,
@ayomifull,

i thought you guys are gonna be helping out with those who needs mentors.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by folahann(m): 8:57pm On Dec 06, 2007
Mentoring is actually not very effective
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by whateva(m): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2007
to me the greatest legend of all times even if he is been dead  even before i was born but he is been a great mentor , influence and a great inspiration to me i am talking about bob nester marley wow i wish i fit just born 2 pikin for am before he die i for tooooooo   happy
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by folahann(m): 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2007
why you be rastafarian
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by almondjoy(f): 8:56am On Dec 10, 2007
feeqtee:

@olanajim'
@bolaoni,
@almondjoy,
@ayomifull,

i thought you guys are going to be helping out with those who needs mentors.

Yes, I think that is what we are trying to do.  But because of the Holidays, things are getting a little slow. What type of mentor do you need?  This question has been asked here and most have not been able to say what kind of mentoring they need.

State your mentoring needs and you will be directed to the right channel.

Happy Holidays! kiss

folahann:

Mentoring is actually not very effective

Yes! Depending on the context and environment--mentoring can be a success of a failure.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by Lamod: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2007
Almondjoy,
THIS IS OLANAJIM! I am using my sister's ID to get this message across. It doesn't matter if she were banned. She stoppod posting because of some insultive posts she read. And because she dislike seun's attitude. She has since been posting to other forums.

I told Seun this morning that he should be wary of banning people that make a rational complaint and those who oppose his view on topical issues. In response, he called my suggestion useless and promptly banned me! He then deleted the exact post and his irrational reply ostensibly to hide his shortcoming from members.

I want to state here that I had no intention of opening a new username. I have honour and refused to be cowed by anyone regardless of his standing. He probably thought men and women who post on Nairaland are people with demented mentality. People who possess lower IQ than his. I am convinced that the best reply to a despot is not criticism. The way to subdue power drunk people is to let their power ruin them.

I am also empower to see a new era for nairaland where men and women of substance would gradually desert the forum. When fools sorround a fool the result is magnificient deceiption.

On the mentoring, we have started working on it. But as you rightly observed, the process was slowed down. I would be communicating with you through yahoo mail. Pls always watch out for my mails.

@ALL,
ANYONE INTENDING TO CHAT ME SHOULD USE MY EMAIL. Oracle_nj@yahoo.com

i won't change my username and I may not post through this ID again after today.

I see hope for a new Nigeria. We must not let the drives of people afflicted with defective mentality stop the work of the patriots.

Let remain in touch through, the normal route.

As for seun, the only word I have for him is word of prof Wole Soyinka:
"CAUTION! EVEN BREATHE IS DRAWN CAUTIOUSLY DELIBERATELY. A QUICK GLANCE ROUND THE ROOM FOR HIDDEN SPYHOLE. THE HIDDEN MICROSCOPE"
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by Lamod: 11:23am On Dec 10, 2007
Almondjoy,
THIS IS OLANAJIM! I am using my sister's ID to get this message across. It doesn't matter if she were banned. She stoppod posting because of some insultive posts she read. And because she dislike seun's attitude. She has since been posting to other forums.

I told Seun this morning that he should be wary of banning people that make a rational complaint and those who oppose his view on topical issues. In response, he called my suggestion useless and promptly banned me! He then deleted the exact post and his irrational reply ostensibly to hide his shortcoming from members.

I want to state here that I had no intention of opening a new username. I have honour and refused to be cowed by anyone regardless of his standing. He probably thought men and women who post on Nairaland are people with demented mentality. People who possess lower IQ than his. I am convinced that the best reply to a despot is not criticism. The way to subdue power drunk people is to let their power ruin them.

I am also empower to see a new era for nairaland where men and women of substance would gradually desert the forum. When fools sorround a fool the result is magnificient deceiption.

On the mentoring, we have started working on it. But as you rightly observed, the process was slowed down. I would be communicating with you through yahoo mail. Pls always watch out for my mails.

@ALL,

i won't change my username and I may not post through this ID again after today.

I see hope for a new Nigeria. We must not let the drives of people afflicted with defective mentality stop the work of the patriots.

"CAUTION! EVEN BREATHE IS DRAWN CAUTIOUSLY DELIBERATELY. A QUICK GLANCE ROUND THE ROOM FOR HIDDEN SPYHOLE. THE HIDDEN MICROSCOPE"
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by Lamod: 1:29pm On Dec 10, 2007
Ayomiful, please get in touch with me on oracle_nj@yahoo.com. it is important. it is on the mentoring. have a nice time.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by almondjoy(f): 5:59pm On Dec 10, 2007
Lamod:

Almondjoy,

On the mentoring, we have started working on it. But as you rightly observed, the process was slowed down. I would be communicating with you through yahoo mail. Please always watch out for my mails.

@ALL,

In the name of the father---------!!!!. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  Thank God I got you on ma YIM! Hate to lose you though! cry  Just when I was beginning to get to know you better!  I hope you can come back soon.  Just talk things over with Seun and I am sure he will be reasonable.  When I felt I had something to say to him---I e-mailed him.  Just settle it outside of Nairaland ok?  Miss you buddy--but hey---See you in YIM TOWN! kiss

Happy Holidays! kiss
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by somze(f): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2007
Just monitoring the thread's development. cool
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by bolaoni(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2007
olanajim,

take am easy bros. it shall be well wink
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by olanajim(m): 1:35pm On Jan 01, 2008
Hi, somze, almondjoy, aisha, bolaoni, ayomiful,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am back but not with a bang. I was unbanned secretly by the yet to grow up Seun. But I made my point of no posting until new year.

I can do away with nairaland and seun. But there are people with great mind I can't trade for any amount. You guys are great and I am proud of you.

I am happy you all made it to 2008.
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by topkin(m): 12:02am On Jan 02, 2008
I think the reason most people don't av a mentor is because of the fact that most people want to make the best of themselves and not rely on anybody to do that. Most people try to carve a niche for themselves and struggle independently to do it.

Most Nigerians don't av a mentor cos even in that field of endavour they are in, there is really nobody (locally) to look up to   (and that's a fact) and u av to look inward b4 u look outward!! In Nigeria of today, there are very few pple you can look up to, save for friends and colleagues. My mentor is actually a friend of mine.

We were not brought up like that, so don't blame people for not having mentors; but I think it's high time we started having one!!! I believe it's going to define our pathway and make us really have a focus in life. Best of luck in having one!
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by eolutosin(m): 12:36pm On Jan 02, 2008
Hi all,
I believe the question should be DO YOU NEED A MENTOR? The main reason why people don't have mentor is because they don't know what they start to benefit from it. A mentor helps you to avoid pitfalls. They have gone on a route before and can save you a lot of trouble if you can ride on their experience.

Do visit http://www.eolutosin.com/2007/01/15/in-search-of-a-business-mentor/ for details on how you can go about this
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by somze(f): 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2008
olanajim:

Hi, somze, almondjoy, aisha, bolaoni, ayomiful,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I am back but not with a bang. I was unbanned secretly by the yet to grow up Seun. But I made my point of no posting until new year.

I can do away with nairaland and seun. But there are people with great mind I can't trade for any amount. You guys are great and I am proud of you.

I am happy you all made it to 2008.

Nice to see you can post freely again, Like you I'm a bit tired of the forum myself or maybe just too busy.

Happy new year to all you guys - Olanajim, Aisha, Bolaoni, Almondjoy wink
Re: Do You Have A Career Mentor? by creamdream: 6:44pm On Feb 16, 2008
mandela

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Is A Better Place To Start A Career- Access Bank Or Airtel / Job Professions Of High Demand In Canada That Leads To Work/permanent Residence / Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.