Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! (5970 Views)

20 Million Naira Or Green Card: Which Would You Choose? / How Long Does Green Card Application Processing Take ? / Getting Married For The Green Card (Citizenship) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 31, 2012
Hello everyone!

Please i need this information for someone.
Her fiance(US citizen) is trying to bring her to the US as alien fiancee! They must get married within 90days after she gets there.
Please how long will it take her to get her green card?
Thank u and await ur responses
Re: How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! by snowbuster: 5:14pm On May 31, 2012
the foreign fiancee must marry the U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of her arrival into the United States on the K1 visa. As soon as possible after the marriage the new husband and wife must file her adjustment of status to a " Green Card " petition with their local USCIS office. At the same time they can also apply for her temporary work authorization and travel permission that will allow her to depart and re-enter the U.S. while she is waiting for her Green Card to be approved.

The length of time it takes to receive an approval for the adjustment of status Green Card application varies among the local USCIS offices from 75 days to 1,138 days. Most USCIS offices are in the 4-12 month range. Many fiancees want to have the right to work and to travel outside of the United States while their adjustment of status application is waiting to be approved. The times for approval of the temporary work authorizations and for travel permission are scattered from 1-120 days, with most offices taking approximately 30 days.

The important thing to remember about the travel document is that the recipient cannot depart the U.S. until she receives the actual approved document. She cannot apply for it, depart the U.S., have someone send it to her while she is still outside of the U.S. and then return to the U.S. In this situation she would be denied re-entry to the U.S. and would have to remain outside of the U.S. while her American spouse filed for a K3 spousal visa ( marriage visa ) that typically takes even longer to obtain than a fiancee visa and which will delay the immigration and naturalization process. but i tell you the truth i will advice you to ask ur Yankee husband to come ur home country and get married their so you wont have to wait long to get all papers done or problem with the immigration or the consulate ......
Re: How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 31, 2012
Thank u snowbuster!
Pls she has a friend dat got married here! I mean her fiance came home. Dey got married 2010 &she got her visa feb 2012! So she advised dat since alien fiancee visa is faster, ds person shld go 4it! D finace said d processing is within 6mths.
So we r talkin of a max of 3yrs!!!! Okay tx
Re: How Long Will It Take To Get Her Green Card? URGENT!! by snowbuster: 1:59am On Jun 02, 2012
Both Fiance and spouse visa take the same process , Fiance application expire while the spouse dont unless if the Yankee citizen call the homeland security say he or she want to close the case , its possible for the embassy to revoke the case and hold it till its expire so you can start all over again and spend another money and long term wait , so i will advice ur friend to get married so the petitional can file for fiance and immediate relative , with that you are paying the same fee for the two file and their is possibilities the home office will approve the I-129F before the I-130 , so if the embassy revoke the I-129F that can expire. you still have another chance which is I-130 that dont expire , so the choice is for both the husband and wife to choice or better still seek advice from Immigration lawyer

(1) (Reply)

Do Any One Know How Much Is The Ticket From Canada To Nigeria? / These Are The Weirdest And Strangest Looking Aircraft Ever Designed (Photos). / Air Nigeria's CEO Arrested Over N5billion Tax Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.