Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To (1243 Views)

Man Shoots Wife Dead In Nasarawa Before Her Mother (photo) / Ifesinachi Abductor Abdul Released After Police Pressure From Powerful Quarters / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 7:08am On Nov 21, 2007
exactly as the topic said, the man was on the phone with the 911 despatcher and he was giving details of the buglary,
he was not in danger of any sort, and the 2 buglars where unarmed and black too!
he left the despatcher on hold to go shoot them and then came back on the phone
apparently he is not getting arrested or charged. listen to the whole converstion here
http://www.mediatakeout.com/19434/shocking_audio_man_shoots_burglars_after_9-1-1_dispatcher_pleads_with_him_not_to.html

from ma point of view, I'm a gun man too (illegally, catch me if u can) but in that situation, he was not in danger, and didnt have to come out and take justice into his hands befor the cops came, he was just trigger happy ! the officer told him, that was not worth shooting over, but he went ahead and shot the men !
this happend in Texas, so i expect him to be sum red neck racist a$s hillbilly
and i am by no way protecting the guys that broke into sumones house, but he did tooooo much !
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by YangaRat: 7:50am On Nov 21, 2007
Deeman, make I explain one thing.  Once when somebody don enter ya house for night, time nogo dey for you to find out whether na gun them hold for hand or whether na cutlass or stick, because them self nogo tell you wettin dey them hand after when them don broke ya house door enter for where ya family dey sleep.

If you get gun for house and something sound gbosa for ya front door for night, or even for afternoon self, God nogo pity you at all if you just hold that ya gun siddon dey beg the people when don take by-force enter ya house to teef and kill as them like.

Person when get sense go do as this man do, and them gun go answer one-2 without delay.  Any person enter my own house go face hot bullet, as e be say I don trust God to separate sinner from saint once when all of them done reach heaven gate finish.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Kobojunkie: 7:59am On Nov 21, 2007
@Poster,  I am not for the man shooting the guy but the problem is in the court , if the buglars were actually in his yard at the time he at them, I am guessing he has a right to some level. I mean it is one thing to be on the phone with a dispatcher and another to actually be secured. Yes, the dispatcher was on the phone with him but that, to me, is not enough. I mean we have cases of people who were on the phone with the police and still got killed. Sad but true. From the conversation, it seems the guys adrenaline was seriously pumping and he just had to go show off his gun but in reality, he may have been petrified. I would have run hid in my basement or ran out screaming for help through the back door myself (hoping and praying the buglars were unarmed).

well, at least now we know what we have known all along, if he was a hillbilly racist @Poster. Never steal from a hillbilly racist, chances are he is itching to use his gun on you and that is not new knowledge.

Another thing is I have never lived in that town and can not speak for him but I beg that people not turn this into a race issue before it even gets to court. That has become really old and annoying thing now.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by RichyBlacK(m): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2007
Those guys were black Hispanics (double minority!) shot by a white man in Texas, home of George W Bush. cry

The guy had no right to shoot those guys. They were not on his property. Simple.

If he doesn't do time for this crime, then it's only because of the deep-rooted culture of racism, very common in the South (US), especially in Texas.

Texas law permits the use of deadly force, under some circumstances (not applicable to this case), to protect one's property.

Let's see how it goes. However, I have no delusions that the age-old tradition of racism will guarantee that the White man comes out of this scot-free. I hope I'm wrong on this one.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2007
Yanga Rat:

Deeman, make I explain one thing. Once when somebody don enter ya house for night, time nogo dey for you to find out whether na gun them hold for hand or whether na cutlass or stick, because them self nogo tell you wettin dey them hand after when them don broke ya house door enter for where ya family dey sleep.

If you get gun for house and something sound gbosa for ya front door for night, or even for afternoon self, God nogo pity you at all if you just hold that ya gun siddon dey beg the people when don take by-force enter ya house to teef and kill as them like.

Person when get sense go do as this man do, and them gun go answer one-2 without delay. Any person enter my own house go face hot bullet, as e be say I don trust God to separate sinner from saint once when all of them done reach heaven gate finish.

noo yangarat, it was broad daylight, not his house, his neighbor's house,
he saw them clearly and told the dispatcher "he (one of the buglars) has a crowbar"
he just wanted to kill ! ! ! he was in the safety of his own house, and had a good view, he was doin a great job informing the police and giving them details and description
clik the link to listen to the recorded phone conversation
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by RichyBlacK(m): 9:11am On Nov 21, 2007
deedami:

noo yangarat, it was broad daylight, not his house, his neighbor's house,
he saw them clearly and told the dispatcher "he (one of the buglars) has a crowbar"
he just wanted to kill ! ! ! he was in the safety of his own house, and had a good view, he was doin a great job informing the police and giving them details and description
clik the link to listen to the recorded phone conversation

@deedami,

I agree with you. He wanted to kill people that looked less like him. I doubt if he would have shot them if they (the robbers) were White, non-Hispanic.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 9:35am On Nov 21, 2007
exactly
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by texazzpete(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2007
RichyBlacK:

@deedami,

I agree with you. He wanted to kill people that looked less like him. I doubt if he would have shot them if they (the robbers) were White, non-Hispanic.

Why must black people always turn white-on-black violence into a race issue? There's not enough evidence or facts for you to conclude that this man in question was even a racist. there are people out there that are just plain mean and nasty. Armed robbers go forth and kill for no reason, does that make them racist (or even tribalists?). When Hausa robbers nearly broke Tuface's neck, no one here played the tribe card, why pull out the race card so easily?

You cannot KNOW that he's racist. All you can say is he used excessive force. You guys get real and sto saying what you can't back up.

In the late 19th century and early 20th century texas cowboys would HANG anyone they caught rustling their cattle, and 99% of the time the victims were WHITE people.
Bottom line? texan rednecks don't like people stealing from them, whether you're black, white, hispanic, asian or indian!
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Afam(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2007
Why defend a thief? Why steal in the first place.

Sometimes I am shocked at the comments on this forum.

So, some people have the right to steal (with a possibility of killing) and yet others do not have the right to kill them (even in this case as the burglars could as well get into his own compound after dealing with the neighbor's).

Cause and effect.

Let us tackle the cause before focusing on the effect.

If you slap me I am not obliged to return the slap, it could be a blow or a kick.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 10:29am On Nov 21, 2007
like i said earlier, i am not in no way backing up or defending the buglars, we are focusing on the man's action
it was more of a thing of race.
both white and black ans hispanics commit crimes, but whites get away wit it more !
wat did they do to the boys that hung the nooses? back in the civil right days, white young adult boys that stole cars where called "misguided youths" black 10, 11, 12 year old boys that fought back cos they were bullied and attacked where called violent and dangerous and where locked in the PEN !IT is still applied till today bro.
am still not defending the buglars, i just strongly subscribe to the idea that what went thru his mind was "this fukkin latinos" i mean common, its in Texas, where illegal mexicans enter, the whole immigrant thang. . . of course a redneck will kill any one of them any chance he gets !
PLEASE GET IT STRAIGHT, IT WASNT HIS HOUSE GETTIN ROBBED, AND HE WAS IN THE SAFETY OF HIS HOUSE,
it seems like u guys didnt listen to the phone conversation, he sounded like a psycho killer who finally found a chance !
u are in ur house, and he said "no i gotta do this, I HAVE NO CHOICE"
he had a choice, stay safe in ur house and let the cops arive, but he felt he just had to do that . . . that was doin too much
thats as good as th cops arriving the scene and just opening fire on the guys that were unarmed
besides when he was about to fire he said "you're dead"
common, that guy himself needs to be checked !
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Seun(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2007
Why defend a thief? Why steal in the first place.
Why defend a cold blooded murderer? Obviously, murder is much much much worse than burglary.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Afam(m): 10:38am On Nov 21, 2007
Seun:

Why defend a cold blooded murderer? Obviously, murder is much much much worse than burglary.

Why defend a thief that could kill for someone else's property?

Murder is much much worse than burglary, right? Without the burglary who will be talking about the killing?

Innocent people have be known to be robbed and killed so what are you talking about?

Anyone that has an opportunity to defend himself/herself from any thief or robber should do so, we have seen enough innocent lives wasted.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Seun(m): 10:43am On Nov 21, 2007
Why defend a thief that [b]could kill [/b]for someone else's property?
You cannot punish people for what they "could do". Every gun owner "could kill". Should they be arrested for that?

The punishment must fit the crime. You can't kill petty thieves just because they're black and therefore 'could kill'.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by angel101(f): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2007
he had no right but lets see how it unfolds
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Afam(m): 11:11am On Nov 21, 2007
Without the burglary this issue wouldn't have come up.

If you feel you have a right to rob someone good luck but hope not to rob someone that has other ideas about handling robbers.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Seun(m): 11:16am On Nov 21, 2007
Without the burglary this issue wouldn't have come up.
Imagine a wife-murderer saying "without her adultery the murder wouldn't have come up". That's no defense!
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by texazzpete(m): 11:25am On Nov 21, 2007
@Seun
I actually do agree with Afam. the thieves put themselves in harm's way. if they stayed at home watching NBA, they'd still be alive today

@deedami
You have no evidence that this guy was motivated by racial hatred, yet you're all over the topic using words like
'I'm SURE'
'I just strongly subscribe'

This may be amusing, but it marks you out as someone who isn't eager to use his brains. Yes, we know about the time of slavery and all that, but those times are long past. In world war 2 blacks were hardly allowed to fight in the war alongside whites, now blacks are a mainstay of the US army. Times and things have changed. Racism may still linger on in traces, but you must be aware that it's people like YOU that struggle to keep racism alive.

I'll never figure black people out

Ice Cube disses Bill Clinton and Hilary clinton. black community laughs. Chris Rock pokes fun at white people, black and white laugh

Eminem disses Michael Jackson, black america says 'He's a Racist!!'

As Chris Rock says, black people are more racist than white people.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by ojimboIV: 11:35am On Nov 21, 2007
classical chicken and egg scenario. unfortunately for the burglars, they didn't get it there way, you cannot prove that the shooter's action was antecedent in anyway. he obviously didn't wake up in the morning strategising how to do some human target practise. in as much as the two events were contiguous in that he didn't shoot at them on sight, his rationality could be questioned.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
"This may be amusing, but it marks you out as someone who isn't eager to use his brains. Yes, we know about the time of slavery and all that, but those times are long past. In world war 2 blacks were hardly allowed to fight in the war alongside whites, now blacks are a mainstay of the US army. Times and things have changed. Racism may still linger on in traces, but you must be aware that it's people like YOU that struggle to keep racism alive"

okk now why you geting all insultive?? what marks you out as not been eager to use yoru brain??
you disrespectful idiot !
we are having a reasonable argument over here and you want to scre that all up by coming at me like i dont use my brain,
uncivilized bastard
listen to the conversation and give me ONE solid reason he had, to leave the safety of his house and shoot unarmed buglars when the cops where on the way.
Listen if u want to argue, table ur points and argue like a civilised matured and responsible man and not y insulting and underationg people's intelligence
and mind you, proof of his racial prejudice was in his voice, listen to the doggone conversation . . .except u are a fellow redneck like him too
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2007
like i said and will always keep saying I AM NOT DEFENDING THIEVES, but this guy could as well shoot a whole bunch of Juveniles or 10 year old boys for stealing candy from a grocery store
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Mamajama(m): 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2007
I saw this on CNN yesterday. The man was not in danger and the culprits were not on his property. The dispatcher clearly warned him several times not to take the law in to his hands. He went out and killed those guys for nothing. Nothing is worth killing another person over as long as your life is not been threaten in this case.

This guy should be hang for not complying with the dispatcher. He called 911. and was told what to do, he defies that and went out with his trigger happy ass.
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Kobojunkie: 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2007
Seun:

Imagine a wife-murderer saying "without her adultery the murder wouldn't have come up". That's no defense!

uumm,  in some states if you find your spouse in the act with another, and you shoot, you probably will walk away with it. In the south, be you black or white, people use their guns and they get away with it too cause in many of those cases, the trespasser is considered to be the one with the most fault.

texazzpete:

@Seun
I actually do agree with Afam. the thieves put themselves in harm's way. if they stayed at home watching NBA, they'd still be alive today

@deedami
You have no evidence that this guy was motivated by racial hatred, yet you're all over the topic using words like
'I'm SURE'
'I just strongly subscribe'

This may be amusing, but it marks you out as someone who isn't eager to use his brains. Yes, we know about the time of slavery and all that, but those times are long past. In world war 2 blacks were hardly allowed to fight in the war alongside whites, now blacks are a mainstay of the US army. Times and things have changed. Racism may still linger on in traces, but you must be aware that it's people like YOU that struggle to keep racism alive.

I'll never figure black people out

Ice Cube disses Bill Clinton and Hilary clinton. black community laughs. Chris Rock pokes fun at white people, black and white laugh

Eminem disses Michael Jackson, black america says 'He's a Racist!!'

As Chris Rock says, black people are more racist than white people.

you and me both, you and me both!!!!
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by RichyBlacK(m): 6:25am On Nov 22, 2007
Too many oyinbo-wannabees on Nairaland!
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 6:41am On Nov 22, 2007
Mamajama:

I saw this on CNN yesterday. The man was not in danger and the culprits were not on his property. The dispatcher clearly warned him several times not to take the law in to his hands. He went out and killed those guys for nothing. Nothing is worth killing another person over as long as your life is not been threaten in this case.

This guy should be hang for not complying with the dispatcher. He called 911. and was told what to do, he defies that and went out with his trigger happy ass.

that is exctly my point ! ! ! !
and dumbass texazzpete gonn come here and start talkin shyt, fukkin retard and yeah modafukka, there's nuthn like "use ur brains" every human has only one brain.
ode, aridin buruku
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by Legendary(m): 4:18pm On Nov 25, 2007
Deedami, take it easy.grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Shoots Unarmed Buglar After Police Pleads With Him Not To by deedami(m): 4:26am On Nov 26, 2007
i hear u bro . . lol
he came at me foul tho !

(1) (Reply)

Man Raises The Alarm Over Money Transfer Fraud / Absu Rape: The Mourning After / Great Aluuminati - Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.