Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,305 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Does Keeping A Low Cut Really Speak About Your Decency As An Employee? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does Keeping A Low Cut Really Speak About Your Decency As An Employee? (899 Views)

Afro, Dreadlocks, Low-cut, Cornrows Or Skincut? Which Do You Prefer? / How Cute Does Low Cut Look On A Lady / Wearing Low Cut Jeans Without Any Underwear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Keeping A Low Cut Really Speak About Your Decency As An Employee? by Jaykizz(m): 9:24pm On May 31, 2012
Hi guyz, it has been a norm or custom in our corporate organizations that all guyz shld kip dia hairstyle on a low cut. N i begin to ask masef, is it d organizatn 1 is workin wit dat tells 1 to kip it low or it's jst sumtin dat d society seem to b ryt Coz in mst cases nau, ppl blv bad boyz are d ones mostly wit long growin hairs on dia head.
Nid answers....
Re: Does Keeping A Low Cut Really Speak About Your Decency As An Employee? by Kambinachi(f): 10:43am On Jun 01, 2012
i'm not a guy... but i've never really subscribed to anyone/society/organisations telling people what their appearance ought to be for it to be acceptable. yes, keep you hair neat and tidy, but it really doesn't have to be kept low simply because everyone else tells you to keep it low. if you keep your hair tidy, and the rest of your appearance tidy, i am sure organisations would be more concerned about the value you are adding to them as a corporation than the measurement of your hair length

as a female with natural hair, i get the least love from my fellow africans who make comments like "why not do something with your hair" or some comments like that... and i feel really bad when i hear women say they have "emergency wig" to wear to work between hairstyles, because their natural hair is "unprofessional"... i think that's really a pathetic state of affairs when you think long flowing hair is more professional than your natural curls, just because society feeds you with that.

anyway, coming back to guys... i miss the days when guys used to comfortably rock afros. now i see guys with growth of like 1cm or less, and people are wondering if they don't have a barber in town
Re: Does Keeping A Low Cut Really Speak About Your Decency As An Employee? by Jaykizz(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2012
Kambinachi: i'm not a guy... but i've never really subscribed to anyone/society/organisations telling people what their appearance ought to be for it to be acceptable. yes, keep you hair neat and tidy, but it really doesn't have to be kept low simply because everyone else tells you to keep it low. if you keep your hair tidy, and the rest of your appearance tidy, i am sure organisations would be more concerned about the value you are adding to them as a corporation than the measurement of your hair length

as a female with natural hair, i get the least love from my fellow africans who make comments like "why not do something with your hair" or some comments like that... and i feel really bad when i hear women say they have "emergency wig" to wear to work between hairstyles, because their natural hair is "unprofessional"... i think that's really a pathetic state of affairs when you think long flowing hair is more professional than your natural curls, just because society feeds you with that.

anyway, coming back to guys... i miss the days when guys used to comfortably rock afros. now i see guys with growth of like 1cm or less, and people are wondering if they don't have a barber in town

N dats tru sha...u rily mst prefa lukin natural dan usin artificial make-ups. Wel, ppl cal it TREND. We folo d trend bt it'l b disgustin to trim dis my hair sha wen I start workin coz i don invest in am die.

(1) (Reply)

How To Tie A Tie / Need Plain T Shirt For Printing. / Any Monogramming Office Around Agege/iyana Ipaja Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.