Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? (887 Views)

The Enterpreneur In You. / Applicant To Enterpreneur Scheme / Interested In Making Some Cash?it's Easy And Affordable, No Tricks, No Gimicks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by cg1312(f): 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2007
hi please i was just wondering how can we encourage people who want to go into being an enterpreneur funds on loan basis do you think its possible cos i have realised getting a loan from finance houses like ifc and others is not so encouraging i dont blame the formalities though its just to ensure people dont abscund with the money but any great ideas?
Re: Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by eolutosin(m): 6:54pm On Nov 21, 2007
Hi,
I would say that getting finance is not the first thing. You have to have customers for your product / service. The bank or finance house is only interested in making more money for themselves. As such, will only fund business which can help them to achieve this aim.

So, I would advise the person to sit down with his / her business idea and go for customers. Once you are able to get customers, funding will come in.

Enjoy
Re: Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by bolaoni(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2007
After all the steps highlighted above, START WITH WHAT YOU HAVE!

Don't get indebted to anybody because if things don't work according to plans,
serious wahala be that one.

So start small and grow big wink

Bros, how far now? So you are in Manchester now? Abeg get to Old Trafford and greet
my team for me o wink

Hope you are doing great anyway.
Re: Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by eolutosin(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2007
I dey jare. Howz ur side?

On the question raise here, the best thing is to start small and grow big. We started Nairahost with our savings. We were willing to go through the growth stage. The problem I have seen with people is that they want to run the same day they learn to run.

Anyway, like you said, start small and grow big
Re: Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by bolaoni(m): 11:57am On Nov 22, 2007
My side dey cool oga

I feel you on the starting small thing. I remembered starting my first business, web designing,
with no computer and no assurance of a client. Most people thought it was foolish of me
to do that, now they know the truth.

Start with what you have. No excuse on not having anything to start with. Make up your mind
to do it anyway. wink
Re: Being An Enterpreneur Is It Easy? by eolutosin(m): 1:05pm On Nov 22, 2007
The question now is, "How many Nigerian youths are willing to start small?"

We all have big dreams and always want to start from the top,

(1) (Reply)

Icen; Quo Vadis / Private Sector Vs. Public Sector / City And Guilds, London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.