Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,648 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood (937 Views)

Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? / What Is Wrong With Our Movie Industry? / Ghana Movie Industry Vrs Nollywood- Who Is Under Threat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood by uchetracy: 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2007
Somebody hear me out i don't know why we must imitate the Americans in all things.why is the Nigeria Movie Idustry called Nollywood?
The history of Hollywood, they did not do a research on.hollywood is named thus because they movie industry in the US is located in a place where there are lots of Holly Trees and thus the name but please people why Nollywood?
No computer recognizes Nollywood on mine it comes out as error.
Why did they not think of a name like, Movie Nigeria and be abbreviated maybe Move N.or any other but Nolly whatever is a big NoNONONONONO
Re: Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood by anusule(m): 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2007
<?xml version='grammar.understand. nope'?>
hmm history of hollywood.

what of bollywood?
Re: Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood by iice(f): 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
. . .the movies should improve not the name.
Re: Why Is Our Movie Industry Called Nollywood by fyneyes: 3:23pm On Nov 22, 2007
there are more to be questioned than just the name,the nonsense they put up and expect nigerians to watch is just amazing,and to think that nigerians actually watch and marvel and enjoy it is even worse,nothing gets questioned.

and they have the guts to claim its the third most producing movie industry in the world, when one of a film produced in Hollywood can make like 1000 in nigeria and they still claim that they are looking to make it and up to hollywood,am still yet to see a nollywood actress in a hollywood shoot

and i recently heard that its silverbird galleria is being force to start showing nigerian movies,why can't they atleast give them a friggin standard and not impose this backward and mind spoiling films on the audience who go watch them.

not that a few havent done well,infact they have but you really don't get to see them in the market the way you see endless love ,burning love,childish love,love is gone and all that kind of crap,films like amazing grace and stuff should be put there rather than shove nonsense into the market,well what can i say,a large amount of nigerians don't even know what a good movie is so thats why this crap is going to take time before they will be force to be creative and come up with something new.

(1) (Reply)

Tyler Perry House Of Payne / Daarsat Info. / Naija's first 3-D Cartoon. Had To Share For Those That Haven't Seen It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.