Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,271 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? (17397 Views)

How Many Streams Of Income Do You Have? / At What Percentage A Single/hundrend Share's' Bought Count For A Year. / How many streams of income do you have? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by SuyaEater(m): 7:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
I plan to travel to naija early next year...so i am saving up 3000k dollars grin....so 30%
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Wumami: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2012
;D70% and I pay 10% tithe. Thank God for his blessings. My Hubby saves as much and together we invest well...
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by tlops(m): 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
20-30% saved, Single, moderately high income.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by optimistD(m): 7:50pm On Jun 04, 2012
ismhab: 150%
O Gosh! i hv prayin dat peple like u dnt see ths tread nt 2talk of comenting on it.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by jajajaja828: 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
i saved 100 percent of my salary on month of may bc there something wch i do get. i earn 270k. pls advise me on how i ll use it. tanx. ur comment is welcome.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by lifestyle1(m): 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2012
Sprumbaba: I don't save .

why ?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by lifestyle1(m): 8:09pm On Jun 04, 2012
optimist D:
O Gosh! i hv prayin dat peple like u dnt see ths tread nt 2talk of comenting on it.

That's why i posted this on family section but i was surprised it made the home page which made it vulnerable to clawns.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by code9(m): 8:27pm On Jun 04, 2012

Are you a member of house of assembly ? or a PDP looter

grin

Are you a member of house of assembly ? or a PDP looter?
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by oluks05: 8:42pm On Jun 04, 2012
I save 70% - 80% of my salary but then I am single and saving seriously since I intend on settling down next year. I intend on saving at least 30%- 40% monthly when married God help me and am seriously oping my lady lands dat job eluding her before we marry cheesy
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by plezant(f): 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2012
80%. Company provided transport. Hv small biz. Skip lunch most times. Still single tho
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Jarus(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2012
ekt_bear: Not that much unfortunately. 10-15%. Expenses are high relative to my income right now. But my monthly savings will increase a lot in the near term.

Same ship.

Got a number of capital projects guzzling my income, so saving has been quite hard.

Plus not disciplined enough. Changes cars every 1.5 years. Crazy Lagos house rent added to that.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by lifestyle1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
plezant: 80%. Company provided transport. Hv small biz. Skip lunch most times. Still single tho

Good for you....
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by vanstanzy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2012
Tobiegal:

80%

@Tobiegal
Thats outrageous even 4 a single, dependant lady (or guy) which i think u r.
4 me the best way 2go is,
10% 4 God ie if u beleive in tithing. 20% 4 urself, 50% 4 ur monthly upkeep n the remaining 20% 4 mish. expenses. Its best u invest ur 20%, let it multiply 4 u.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by vanstanzy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 04, 2012
SuyaEater: I plan to travel to naija early next year...so i am saving up 3000k dollars grin....so 30%
@SuyaEater
Effizy man i know u r lying through ur teeth.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by ismhab(m): 9:18pm On Jun 04, 2012
code9:

Are you a member of house of assembly ? or a PDP looter

grin

Are you a member of house of assembly ? or a PDP looter?
BOTH.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Sike(m): 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
zangiff: since you are single,then 40percent will do if you dont want to invest else where
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by ektbear: 10:31pm On Jun 04, 2012
Jarus:

Same ship.

Got a number of capital projects guzzling my income, so saving has been quite hard.

Plus not disciplined enough. Changes cars every 1.5 years. Crazy Lagos house rent added to that.

1.5 years is too frequent man. I've had my current car for 5 years now, and (hopefully) will keep it for another 7-10 years.

Just buy a very reliable car and keep it for a long time.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Digriz(m): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2012
plezant: 80%. Company provided transport. Hv small biz. Skip lunch most times. Still single tho
skipping lunch just to save? I cn never do that. I eat wat i wnt and at when due and stil save.
Feeding well is what i cn never play wt rather i sacrifice wt other things.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by emmalezy(m): 11:03pm On Jun 04, 2012
obyikye: Welcome on board. 20-30%
Well I dnt do salary work.. But I save 70percent of the money weekly basis
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 04, 2012
ekt_bear:

1.5 years is too frequent man. I've had my current car for 5 years now, and (hopefully) will keep it for another 7-10 years.

Just buy a very reliable car and keep it for a long time.

we don't buy cars brand new down here. . .

at least most of us earning an honest living don't

i bought my first car in 2007 a 2001 toyota hilux (very used)

second car in 2009 or was it 2010, a 2003 honda pilot

plus cars age fast in naija - combination of bad fuel , bad mechanics, bad roads , and so on . . .
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by ektbear: 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2012
I bought mine brand new in 2007, and strongly regret it. I should have bought used. So much better value for money to buy used undecided

Oh well, you live and learn.

Point taken thought about Nigeria aging cars prematurely
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Mayflowa(m): 11:26pm On Jun 04, 2012
Mavor: Well av been fortunate and blessed by God neva to enter police wahala. And yes, I have a project am saving towards for nxt yr. By his Grace, I will get there and be triumphant.

Don't go and spend all ur money while resigning ur job to come do master in the UK! Plzzz! Look for scholarship or go to Lagos Business School for MBA.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by dukila: 11:40pm On Jun 04, 2012
code9:

lol @lyfe_style. i am still single. I try to tighten my budget in order to accommodate future projects and unforeseen expenses. I don't drink, i don't smoke, and i don't frolic with random chicks grin cheesy (see where my savings come from??). it's not easy at times sha most especially when i get my eyes on new gadgets shocked

you sound like my boyfriend. I swear his middle name should be vault.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by gulfer: 6:42am On Jun 05, 2012
100%......and I am serious, in my stomach. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by ocelot2006(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2012
Ideally, 70% would've been ok. But for now, it's 50% of my monthly income. And I stay away from ANY FORM of debt.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by ijigbamigb(m): 7:04am On Jun 05, 2012
70% of my monthly income goes to my saving...
HOW?
Well Saving is easy at all oo, esp in the contemporary Nigerian Economy.
I am kinda person that loves to give so my password is never to keep too much money in my acct.
I am always jumping from one project to another to make sure I tie whatever is left of my monthly income. Cus if I don't, something will emerge from nowhere to take it from me...(families etc.).
Transport: I make sure i run away from anything luxury. My car na v4 and I make sure it doesn't move more than 100 miles weekly. (especially after subsidy wahala).
Also, generator runs between 10pm and 5am only.
Food, (No fast food, nor eateries, No bars): I cook my stuffs...or gf does it for me.
Ladies, I have only ONE. no plans to have another...
Internet, strictly monitoring my MB usage so i wont have to buy another one in time..
Cable TV. Very Affordable package...
at least until e beta...

3 Likes

Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Qrous(m): 8:18am On Jun 05, 2012
Keep τ̲̅ђε̲̣ discussion and advice going for singles especially corp members like ♍Ƹ̴ to learn on how to save τ̲̅ђε̲̣ on τ̲̅ђε̲̣ allowance
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by inene: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2012
TRY AND SEE IF YOU CAN SAVE TEN PERCENT OF YOUR PAY AND OVER THE YEARS IT WILL COME TO SOMETHING. ITS NOT EASY BUT YOU NEED DISCIPLINE TO DO SO. I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN MY CURRENT JOB FOR EIGHT YEARS BUT I CAN TELL YOU THAT SAVING 10% OF MY MONTHLY PAY HASNT BEEN EASY AND I CAN SAY THAT THE PAY IS REASONABLE. BEING AN AFRICAN AND LIVING IN LAGOS MAKES SAVING ERY DIFFICULT BUT IF YOU APPLY DISCIPLINE YOU WILL GET BY.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by Jarus(m): 8:36am On Jun 05, 2012
ekt_bear: I bought mine brand new in 2007, and strongly regret it. I should have bought used. So much better value for money to buy used undecided

Oh well, you live and learn.

Point taken thought about Nigeria aging cars prematurely

Na true oyb talk o.
More than 50% of brand new cars in Nigeria are company-bought. Others by politicians and government officials.I doubt up to 20% of brand new cars in Nigeria are privately bought. And I'm not talking about Kia.

Not sure I have 3.5m (minimum for an average brand new car) to spend on car now. So waiting to become a manager like oyb to be given brand new official car. Lol

Until then, make I dey manage my second hands dey go. Lol
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by vizion: 9:03am On Jun 05, 2012
Mavor: This thread makes sense. Maybe you guys can expand it further by giving some money saving tips. Let me start. I only leave the house with N800-N1000 every day. And I leave my ATM behind. I dont own a car and dont plan on gettin one since I intend leaving the country next yr. I get a lift to my work,so basically the money covers lunch and t-fare back. Sometimes I skip lunch.

have u tried eating (1-0-1), eat at home before you go to work and when you come back in the evening, you could save some extra month.
Re: What Percentage Of Your Monthly Income Do You Save? by manutayo(m): 9:44am On Jun 05, 2012
b

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

‘the New Market Is Too Far’ – Mainlanders Decry Location Of New Mile 12 Market / LAPO Founder, Dr Ehigiamusoe Advocates TIET Business Model In Entrepreneurship / Naira Sinks To All-time Low Of 365.25/dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.