Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,828 members, 7,866,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:32 PM

Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria (14653 Views)

Bucket Of Cash Allegedly Recovered From Wife Of Ex-Chief Of Air Staff Was A Lie / History Of Air Crashes In Nigeria / Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by Murphy7h4: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good point
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by joelala(m): 3:30pm On Jun 04, 2012
careytommy:
I'm not sure about this but a friend of mine just posted on facebook that there were some people booking dana air this morning.
From now, if I must fly, it's Aero all the way!

lies! lies! lies! dana shut down operations for the whole of today. maybe ur friend saw people buying tickets for DANA WATER to be delivered at their homes. grin
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2012
ItsModella:
Took Delta to Lagos last year and they clapped on touch down. I used to joke about how Nigerians clap when the plane lands but in reality every safe flight is a blessing. We usually do not know what God has done for us till we hear news like this cry

Additionally, we as passengers may never know what challenges the flight crew faced during the flight. We've taken air travel for granted but it's still a dangerous and risky adventure.

Planes have crashed and all lives lost because of a 5 cent bulb (crew focused on fixing the fault and stopped flying the plane).

In March on a flight from Houston to Lagos, just 5 minutes from touchdown the Pilot announced he was rerouting to Ghana due to bad weather in Lagos (we were delayed for about 2 hours in Houston). I clapped for that decision while most everyone else was grumbling and complaining. I thanked the Pilot for not succumbing to "gethomeitis", a confirmed killer of aviators.
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by supereagle(m): 10:55pm On Jun 05, 2012
temmytanny: Aero airlines have bn here 4decades and no crash.atleast we stil av some airlines to rely

Aero Contractors (Nigeria)

Aero Contractors Company of Nigeria Limited, known as Aero Contractors or simply "Aero", is a Nigerian airline based at Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Ikeja, Lagos State, Nigeria.[1][2] It operates domestic and international scheduled services, air charter and third party aircraft operations, largely in support of Nigeria's extensive oil and gas industry

HistoryAero Contractors was formed in 1959 and officially registered in Nigeria in 1960. At that time, it was a wholly owned by Schreiner Airways B.V. of the Netherlands. It became a company with initially 40% Nigerian holding in 1973 and subsequently 60% in 1976, anticipating the requirements of the Indigenization Decree. In January 2004, Schreiner Airways was bought by Canadian Helicopter Corporation (CHC) which acquired a 40% holding in Aero while the 60% majority share remained within the Ibru family. Since 2010 the company has been wholly owned by the Ibru family, although Aero still has a technical partnership with CHC regarding its rotary wing division.[3]

Aero Contractors has two divisions:

Fixed Wing – provides scheduled passenger services in Nigeria and western Africa.
Rotary Wing – provides helicopter services for the oil and gas industry in Nigeria.[4]
Destinations

Aero serves the following destinations:

Ghana
Accra (Kotoka International Airport)
Nigeria
Abuja (Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport)
Benin City (Benin Airport)
Calabar (Magaret Ekpo International Airport)
Kano (Aminu Kano Airport)
Enugu (Akanu Ibiam International Airport)
Lagos (Murtala Mohammed International Airport) Hub
Owerri (Imo Airport)
Port Harcourt
(Port Harcourt NAF Base)
(Port Harcourt International Airport)
Uyo (Akwa Ibom Airport)
Warri (Osubi Airport)
Fleet

As of February 2012 the Aero Contractors (Nigeria) fleet includes the following aircraft:[5]

3 Boeing 737-400
6 Boeing 737-500
2 Bombardier Dash 8 Q300
source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_Contractors_(Nigeria)

http://www1.flyaero.com/about-us/company-profile/
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 08, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by Burruchaga71(m): 7:20am On Aug 08, 2021
Trash. Where is Dana on the list?
Re: Catalogue Of Air Crashes In Nigeria by baconline(m): 10:14am On Aug 08, 2021
The list needs to be updated

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi’s Full Speech At ICC Abuja (Video) / El-Rufai At 2018 Armed Forces Remembrance Celebration In Kaduna (Photos) / PPPRA: We No Longer Fix The Price Of Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.