Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,197 members, 7,845,947 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers (786 Views)

AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers by dayokanu(m): 12:32am On Nov 22, 2007
Overhyped players, Crappy team, unrealistic expectation

22/11/2007 00:22

Beckham Speaks Of Impending Gloom

Former England skipper David Beckham admitted that a gloom had descended over the team.

zoom - galleria Didn't Deserve To Qualify

David Beckham was a man dejected as he spoke on Sky Sports News after the 3-2 defeat to Croatia.

Asked what the atmosphere in the dressing room was like, he said: "Dull, which is what it should be after such a result."

The former Manchester United and Real Madrid midfielder admitted that England did not deserve to go through after their display.

"If we don't perform, we don't deserve to go through, it is as simple as that," he opined.

"At the end of the day, you have to perform to go through, and we did not."

Asked what went wrong during the campaign, he said: "You have to win, you have to win home games with the fans behind you. We did not do that. There can be no excuses.

"I think you can look at the stats all you want, you can look at all the chances we had, but at the end of the day, it is the result that matters, and we did not get it."

Impending Gloom

Looking ahead, he admitted that every player would be getting a fair bit of stick, and for a while.

"I think we had to prove something to the fans. We did not do that, and we have to prove to these people that we are good enough to wear this shirt again," he said.

"It [the backlash] will be for a while, it will not be for a week but for longer than that.
Re: The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers by A40(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2007
It wont pain them now just wait till when the competition commences proper and then England are nowhere to be found that is when the pain will hit home
Re: The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers by chuckdee4(m): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2007
Well i guess it gives those money hungry, onn delivering, overhyped babies a longer summer than they had hoped for. Now Rooney can go gambling in Vegas, Lampard n the rest can all have a sunny summer at Ibiza
Re: The Eleven Rats I Mean Three Lions Of England Crash Out Of Euro Cup Qualifiers by A40(m): 2:25pm On Nov 22, 2007
Yes ooh they would have enough time to shag their W.A.G.S

(1) (Reply)

How Much Will Be Given To Ecl Winner / Flamingos Gets $300 For Beating Korea. Not Good Enough / NFA and Poltics!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.