Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Black Box [NOT] Recovered??? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Black Box [NOT] Recovered??? (1112 Views)

Black Box Of Crashed Bristow Helicopter Found / Lagos Helicopter Crash: Three Dead Bodies, Three Injured Persons Recovered / Dana Crash: Black Box Report Ready In 2013 – Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Box [NOT] Recovered??? by Josh316(m): 9:02pm On Jun 04, 2012
I was happy with initial reports that the black box of the MD-83 Plane operated by Dana Air which crashed yesterday in Lagos killing over 153 people had been recovered. But my initial joy and enthusiasm was destroyed when i saw pictures of the supposed black box. To Inform you a bit, the term black box is a 'misnomer' because its colour is actually Red/amber and is an amour encasing of the Digital/Analogue flight recorder and Voice recorder. Now the box is built to withstand very high degrees of temperature (?2500 deg Celsius) and a very hard impact. however, the picture of the 'black' box said to have been recovered looks more like a battery or some other equipment on a plane but not a black box. I guess the clueless operatives thought since the box was black in colour, it therefore should be the 'black box' grin.

Here are the pictures for you to compare and comment

The first pic is a prototype 'black box'

the next two show what our rescue operatives found

(1) (Reply)

Why Dubai Is The Best Option Than Europe / "Its A Shame You Have To Leave Your Country To Study Here"- Says British Customs / Places To Visit Within Nigeria This Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.