Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,182 members, 7,818,575 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

I Remember 10 Years Ago! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Remember 10 Years Ago! (1238 Views)

Oliseh Advises Siasia: “Egypt Not As Good As They Were Years Ago" / FIFA Remembers Enyimba's Spectacular CAF Triumph 10 Years After / Samuel Okwaraji Died 24 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2006
For those who don't know, 10 years ago, in January Newcastle United with the great Sheare, Andy Cole, Aspirilla, Tomas Brolin, was leading Man U by a whooping 16 points! But By April of that year, the lead was cut to "0" with the comeback of the GREAT Cantona from suspension shocked At the end of the season, United won the premiership.

Last week, I told my uncle IT IS NOT OVER YET! but he told me to sit down and stop ranting. I hope to ask him by Monday if I am still ranting now grin

This is a warning to all Chelsea people: THE BATTLE IS NOT OVER YET!

You will definitely shocked at the end of the day. Just watch ur back, we are coming for you kiss
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by reyes4eva(m): 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2006
Chelsea has slipped big time.
The Blue boys are panicking and i think the other teams don't fear them again like they used to.
It will be interesting and i know Fergie will be relishing this change of scene.
I can smell blood. Lets go for tha kill!
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2006
I think the kill starts from next week and ends at Stamford bridge grin

We want to show everybody we fear no foe. The same happened to newcastle 10 years ago. They lost the title when they lost to United @ St. James' Park of all places.

kiss
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 12:53am On Apr 02, 2006
@BolaOni

Where have you been?

I know a post like this will come up after Chelsea's draw against Birmingham.

If you think Newcastle's one is going to happen, you are the joker of the century.

We know for the past 2 Seasons that we have problem in Chelsea and the only problem we have is SHARP STRIKER. We need a fox in the box and we will get it.

Look, United is still going to play Arsenal and Chelsea. Do the calculations very well.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by reyes4eva(m): 11:39am On Apr 02, 2006
In this form, United is unstoppable!
This wont be the 1st or 2nd time, Did it against Arsenal in 2003 and if i were u,i won't bet against United.
Chelsea's match at the Bridge might be the season decider and if United needs 3 points at Stamford Bridge to snatch the title,they will get it!
Man Utd is a team with CHARACTER. Utd will blow away Arsenal at OT and i wont be happy cos Gunners generally will make flimsy excuses like: WE CAN'T BE BOTHERED ABOUT THE TITLE. When was the last time Arsenal won any league match against United? (2002)
Kola, its gon' be a photo-finish. I can see a shakedown @ THE BRIDGE.
Didn't Jose say he wld have wrapped up the premiership by Easter? He wld be KICKING himself now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United has smelt BLOOD and wont hesitate to move for tha KILL.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2006
@Reyes4eva

When did jose says he is winning it in Easter?

That is why he was warning a Television station yesterday NOT to change his words.

He said he will win the title by Newcaslte's away game, which is still posssible.

United may have used the magic aginst Newcastle or Arsenal but this is Chelsea.

Once we win our remainning home games we are CHAMPIONS AGAIN.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by nightrider: 4:07pm On Apr 02, 2006
Chelsea will not win their next away game.
Chelsea will not beat Man-u.

so it's possible for chelsea to drop 6 pionts b4 the season ends. That means MAN-U can take this title. Unfortunately for them Arsenal is not a push over. But for the 1st time i seriously hoping Man -u can upset chelsea.

Mourinho will be fired.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by reyes4eva(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2006
@ Kola,
Jose did say he would wrap up the title before Easter. Its now obvious u don't follow football like u claim. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=185851&cc=5739
Follow that link and read the write-up. Chelsea is faltering big time and for once, Mourino's team is getting the shivers. Complacency is gradually setting in. Teams don't even fear playing the blues anymore.
Its a big ask for United because 7 points still seperate the 2 teams BUT nothing is impossible. Chelsea must still go to Bolton and also visit the surprise team of the season,BLACKBURN. Son,these matches wont be easy.
The title race has been blown wide open again. How i wish Arsenal could be among the team chasing the for title. It would have been so exciting.
Fergie is the master of mind games and the old cowboy might just outgun the young gunslinger(JOSE)
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2006
@Kola

Have U read this? http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=363711&cc=%
I'm sure it will start making U shit 4 dross now grin grin

Did U say Mourinho didn't promise to rap it all up by April? shocked

I'm now convinced you are trully a blue. Drogba said he used to dive and immediately retracted that and said it is people putting words in his mouth.

If I search this thread, I would have found lot of post by ur ilks that the title will be won by April.

Thank God you are all eating your words now sha.

Final Verdict: IT IS NOT OVER YET! wink
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2006
@NightRider

nightrider:

Mourinho will be fired.

Jose's job is secured for life at Stamford Bridge.

bolaoni:

@Kola

Have U read this? http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=363711&cc=%
I'm sure it will start making U rubbish 4 dross now grin grin

Did U say Mourinho didn't promise to rap it all up by April? shocked

Let me tell you, i am not just a supporter that sit on Arm Chair with a bottle of Coke.

I  am a PROPER SUPPORTER, If i tell you how many youngster  Chelsea has bought for their academy, you may even ask : What academy?

Prior to last season, Jose predicted that we will be champions on April 30th and we did won the cup on that day AND this year he predicted us winning the title at Newcastle and just wait till then before opening mouth.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by reyes4eva(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2006
U talk absolute crap.
Jose did talk about wrapping everything up by Easter.
Stop covering ur lousy manager.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 4:39pm On Apr 03, 2006
@Reyes4eva

No comment but
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by nightrider: 4:50pm On Apr 03, 2006
i am defntly hoping Man-u catch Chelsea. But Man-u is sure to slip up on sunday against arsenal
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 5:26pm On Apr 03, 2006
nightrider:

i am defntly hoping Man-u catch Chelsea. But Man-u is sure to slip up on sunday against arsenal

Please this is all about Chelski and United. Carry ur wahala go the proper thread cool

Please reyes no abuse here wink
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 10:21pm On Apr 03, 2006
@BolaOni

I need not to answer Reyes4eva.

Thanks for concern sha.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by nightrider: 7:40pm On Apr 04, 2006
bolaoni:

Please this is all about Chelski and United. Carry your wahala go the proper thread cool

Please reyes no abuse here wink

It becomes wahala when it's not in favor of man-u. what determines the winner of the premiership?
is it not if man-u beat Arsenal on sunday. if they don't beat arsenal and chelsea win. what happens to your "10 years ago dream"

abeg no make me laff
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by reyes4eva(m): 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2006
Its a very dodgy situation for both Man Utd and Chelsea
West Ham might surprise Chelsea.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2006
nightrider:

It becomes wahala when it's not in favor of man-u. what determines the winner of the premiership?
is it not if man-u beat Arsenal on sunday. if they don't beat arsenal and chelsea win. what happens to your "10 years ago dream"

abeg no make me laff

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 11:42pm On Apr 16, 2006
nightrider:

We have beaten Bolton away by two goals.

nightrider:

Mourinho will be fired.

His job is secured for life.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by Akolawole(m): 1:04am On May 10, 2006
nightrider:

Chelsea will not beat Man-u.

so it's possible for chelsea to drop 6 pionts before the season ends. That means MAN-U can take this title. Unfortunately for them Arsenal is not a push over. But for the 1st time i seriously hoping Man -u can upset chelsea.

Mourinho will be fired.

We all see how your prophesy had come to pass.

Prophet NightRider.
Re: I Remember 10 Years Ago! by bolaoni(m): 1:39pm On May 10, 2006
Oga his thread is closed now!

Since when? Na wa for you oooo

You dream of the thread?

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix Season (official Thread) / Nigeria Vs Ghana / Adebayor Is 9th Best Player In The World:castrol Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.