Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? (2544 Views)

Saraki Witch Hunting Enters New Level . More Charges Trumped Up As Case Weakens / Photo Of Gallant Soilder Who Was Killed On Feb 14 During Boko Haram Attack. / Breaking News: Boko Haram Video Journalist Killed "On Duty" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Googler(m): 4:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
Found this while googling. Was Mighty Joe killed on trumped up charges?

Wharfsnake,
Mighty Joe was a stand-up guy, he was truly a legend. We at afar in Suru-Lere, only read what they said happened. But things that he became legendary about were: He never ratted on his homies, he denied ever robbing anyone, and He could bend an iron with a punch.
Those were the good old days, when men were men. Shikena.
afs

--- In TalkNigeria@yahoogroups.com, Wharf Snake <wharfsnake@...> wrote:

Thanks Homie for re-inforcing your homeboy. It was a great time to be in Idi-oro. Especially in the later part of the seventies when modern boutiques moved into idi-oro. I can count cecil gees of london, barneys of switzerland, and many others.

Moving on....

Afis bro, I can understand your quandary, especially when Dele Times was your only source of information in those days. If you recalled, Dele Times was partially owned by the federal government, and one of the minority owners of Dele Times was the Alakija family of Mushin. In the annals of rich and wealthy nigerian families with deep money, the alakijas are the equivalent of the du ponts in America. You never read or hear about them, but their money speaks volumes and they own everything.

Mighty Joe was not an armed robber. Mighty Joe was killed as a service to one of these prominent families from Mushin. We all know the true story. Mighties only crime was that he beat up the owner of Jebako and seized Jebako from the owner. Mighty Joe was the body guard to the owner of jebako in those days. If you knew anything about Idi-oro in the early seventies, you would have known that the law had no reach in Idi-oro. Nobody could challenge Baba and mighty Joe in Idi-oro. Baba could mass an army that will fight anybody to a standstill. The only way to eliminate Mighty Joe and rid themselves of his troubles was to trump up charges that he robbed an old woman. How can a man who fed old people in Idi-oro turn around to rob them. That is the question you should ask yourself. Yes, he was a mean, tough M-F, but not an armed robber, bro. I knew that man very well, bro. He was one of the kindest cut of men to come out of Idi-oro. He was a true son of a gun and razor sharp knives and also, a man of his time. He was Idi-oro and depicted Idi-oro. In a nutshell, MIGHTY JOE was KILLEd for that prominent Mushin family that owned a partial share of Jebako. That was the story then and it remains so till infinity. There was never a robbery. Not once! and you are right, he was pressured to implicate Baba and Oshin, but as a shon of the Idi-oro, he took the stand by himself and like a hero of our time and everyone was proud of him, and the legend and lore has since built beyond his imagination, remained standing for a complete 4 minutes under a barrage of bullets before giving up the ghost. If I ever come into money, I will definitely make a movie of this great idi-oro son. He was surely one of a kind - a bad M-F, but not an armed robber.

Re: Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Germannig: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2012
no be today area boy mentality start for eko. mighty joe was one helluva area boy and the reason for his death i believe was trumped up to eliminate his menace
Re: Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Beaf: 5:14pm On Jun 06, 2012
Afis bro, I can understand your quandary, especially when Dele Times was your only source of information in those days. If you recalled, Dele Times was partially owned by the federal government, and one of the minority owners of Dele Times was the Alakija family of Mushin. In the annals of rich and wealthy nigerian families with deep money, the alakijas are the equivalent of the du ponts in America. You never read or hear about them, but their money speaks volumes and they own everything.

Mighty Joe was not an armed robber. Mighty Joe was killed as a service to one of these prominent families from Mushin. We all know the true story. Mighties only crime was that he beat up the owner of Jebako and seized Jebako from the owner. Mighty Joe was the body guard to the owner of jebako in those days. If you knew anything about Idi-oro in the early seventies, you would have known that the law had no reach in Idi-oro. Nobody could challenge Baba and mighty Joe in Idi-oro. Baba could mass an army that will fight anybody to a standstill. The only way to eliminate Mighty Joe and rid themselves of his troubles was to trump up charges that he robbed an old woman. How can a man who fed old people in Idi-oro turn around to rob them. That is the question you should ask yourself. Yes, he was a mean, tough M-F, but not an armed robber, bro. I knew that man very well, bro. He was one of the kindest cut of men to come out of Idi-oro. He was a true son of a gun and razor sharp knives and also, a man of his time. He was Idi-oro and depicted Idi-oro. In a nutshell, MIGHTY JOE was KILLEd for that prominent Mushin family that owned a partial share of Jebako. That was the story then and it remains so till infinity. There was never a robbery. Not once! and you are right, he was pressured to implicate Baba and Oshin, but as a shon of the Idi-oro, he took the stand by himself and like a hero of our time and everyone was proud of him, and the legend and lore has since built beyond his imagination, remained standing for a complete 4 minutes under a barrage of bullets before giving up the ghost. If I ever come into money, I will definitely make a movie of this great idi-oro son. He was surely one of a kind - a bad M-F, but not an armed robber.

Gaddem! shocked shocked shocked

Which one come be 'Dele Times' na?! grin grin grin
Re: Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Beaf: 5:19pm On Jun 06, 2012
Who and what was Mighty Joe anyway?
Re: Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Bawss1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
Re: Was " Mighty Joe" Killed On Trumped Up Charges? by Googler(m): 8:00pm On Jun 07, 2012
Lol @ "Dele Times".

Anyone in Lagos back in the day would remember MJ. As you can probably gather from op, he was a big black bad dude.

(1) (Reply)

Beninoise Despise Igbos (nigerians) / Fall Out From Anambra Debate: Obiano Does Not KnowThe Meaning Of Immunity Clause / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.