Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar (10083 Views)

DOMAIN Reg:which Domain Registrar In Nigeria Accept Direct Bank Deposit? / How To Be A Domain Name Registrar? / GTB Mastercard Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by derickman: 5:51pm On Jun 06, 2012
How Will I Pay Now For A Domain At Namecheap

Guys help me o cos this is very urgent. My GTB Mastercard was not approved by NameCheap. This is my first time of using it. I got the token and have also activated the card. There is enough funds in the card and I already have the activation code. Why did namecheap reject it because i heard so many reviews that they accept the gtb mastercard. Pls help me. Is there anything I did wrong or is it namecheap not accepting the gtb naira mastercard any longer.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by DualCore1: 7:08pm On Jun 06, 2012
I use my gtb mastercard several times a workin day on namecheap for domain registration and i have had no ossues with it. you dony need the activation code with namecheap. i did not even need to send them details of the card on my firat use. Retry the card at a later time to see if it works. Just note that 3 consecutive credit card failures on namecheqp will lead to an account lock.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by derickman: 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2012
Can it be because i ordered it on my phone. I used operamini and i am thinking now that it can be the ip issue since the opera ip is in the usa. I will try using it on my laptop 2mrw and see how it goes.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Afam4eva(m): 6:09am On Jun 07, 2012
Is your GTB naira mastercard a debit or credit card? I've tried using my GTB mastercard and it was not accepted. Try getting a zenith websurfer. It works almost everyone.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Timileyin(m): 9:04am On Jun 07, 2012
go to godaddy.com that is cheap enough dont do ijebu, abi u self dey design 4k website grin
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 07, 2012
I use Zenith Bank's websurfer. Works with Namecheap, Hostgator and GoDaddy.

But peharps you're using your Naira Mastercard? The Mastercard linked to your Dorm account should work.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:00am On Jun 07, 2012
Namecheap rejects Nigeria Credit/Debit cards but send them an email witha scan of the card and your ID (I don't know why they ask) that usually works for me.

I have used GTB Mastercard and Zenith Websurfer several times after my initial rejection - don't sweat it, they are only protecting their business, as soon as your identity is verified, you will get your order processed

1 Like

Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by mikron(m): 10:05am On Jun 07, 2012
im also using a gtb MasterCard though i ve not tried paying with it online b4. though im trying to buy some stuffs online. hope it will be accepted?
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Afam4eva(m): 10:07am On Jun 07, 2012
mikron: im also using a gtb MasterCard though i ve not tried paying with it online b4. though im trying to buy some stuffs online. hope it will be accepted?
It won't be accepted everywhere. I know websites that Hostgator will need you to verify your card through some time wasting but absolutely necessary ways. But i'm positive that Zenith websurfer is more accepted than GTB mastercard.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by ikennaobi(m): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2012
I have also tried using GTB master card once for online transactionin dynadot LLc, and it wasn't successful.Though i just collected the card that time. But i have been using websurfer for the past 1 year now. You can get it from Zenithbank
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by velo10: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2012
Get GT Visa card then. I use mine and it works on every website.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Afam4eva(m): 10:15am On Jun 07, 2012
velo10: Get GT Visa card then. I use mine and it works on every website.
WOW, You must be very rich to have shopped in every website.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by DualCore1: 10:24am On Jun 07, 2012
Putting this on the homepage is foolish. What message is being passed? That there is a problem with GTBank?

GTBank Naira Mastercard works on Namecheap.com and that is period!
Namecheap has a bug on its saved credit cards feature. Don't rely on it, it will fail. Always key in full details of your card whenever you want to make a payment. If the card is already saved, don't just key in the 3-digits security code and proceed. Click "Edit" when the credit card page open, key in the 3-digit security code and proceed.

If for some reason it didn't work for you, retry it at a later time.

Hostgator was hacked and it didn't make the homepage, this did. How foolish.

Much ado over nothing.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by StaceyBanks(m): 10:27am On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva:
WOW, You must be very rich to have shopped in every website.
grin grin
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by docjuli(m): 10:29am On Jun 07, 2012
Sorry to derail a bit. I tried it not on Domain Name Registrar but on quickteller.com, and it didn't work. I contacted Quickteller and got below message:

Hello Julius,

Thank you for contacting support@interswitchng.com

An issuing bank may decline a transaction based on the bank’s internal acceptable criteria.

Please note that currently GTB Naira Master cards are not permitted to carry out recharge transactions online.

However, you can carry out all other transactions on www.quickteller.com .

Please do not hesitate to revert for further clarification.

Thank you.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by cecegorz(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2012
afam4eva: Is your GTB naira mastercard a debit or credit card? I've tried using my GTB mastercard and it was not accepted. Try getting a zenith websurfer. It works almost everyone.
Yeah, I think some people miss that policy that most online payment platforms accept Credit cards ONLY, so you need to confirm that the Card is not a debit card.
Meanwhile FirstBank's VISA GOLD is another valid option for online payments.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by freedizzle1(m): 10:47am On Jun 07, 2012
[size=14pt]Must I have a token before using my GTB Mastercard online?[/size]
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 07, 2012
You dont need a token to use your gtbank mastercard online. I've used mine several times without it from domain registeration to hosting, to shopping and what have you
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by folababa: 11:10am On Jun 07, 2012
those cards are region based cards. the online billing platform is able to detect that from the first 4 numbers of the card. Mastercard for the Nigerian zone require an extra security layer called securecode. Their billing software may not be able to process it beyond those steps. Moreso, they may not be taking orders from nigeria, as it may not be your card that has that prob or you just did not enter your details well. Namecheap has a record of allowing nigerian domains, and canceling 2 yrs into the contract. They cancelled all my domains at some point. same goes to godaddy. They may have stopped it though. I really don't understand why you want to use those crazy domain name providers, don't be fooled by the cheap, there are a million others that won't give you this stress and are safe as well. You can google that. I have also realized that the gtbank naira card, doesn't work everywhere, think about opening a dollar account with them, request for a dollar card, and use this for your online transacs. it works everywhere. Try http://www.hostingzoom.com/domain.php, they are based in Texas and i've been using them for 7 yrs or maddogdomain.com its a reseller of wildwest domains but you might have to call them over the phone to finalize your other.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by deleo16(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2012
what about uba africard ? i taught the gtb master naira card should be activated on line before using it so why is it not accepted in most of this site
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by anigold(m): 11:19am On Jun 07, 2012
WHAT THE INTIAL POSTED SAID IS TRUE GTB NAIRA MASTERCARD DOES NOT WORK ONLINE COS I TRIED PAYING FOR A DOMAIN NAME AT: WWW.GOSSIMER.COM BUT THE REJECTED IT
most online company uses CLICKBANK TO PROCESS THEIR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT AND CLICKBANK DO NTO ACCEPT NIGERIANS SO THERES NO WAS ITS WILL WORK
. MIND U USING A VIRTUAL ADDRESS DOES NOT HELP IN THIS CASE, COS CLICKBANK DEALS WITH YOUR MASTERCARD COUNTRY CODE.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by WhoIGoAsk: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2012
i use mine on namecheap with no problem. But it's not working on fb and goggle. [size=14pt]Please which naira MasterCard works on fb and/or google?[/size]
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by dayveed24: 11:30am On Jun 07, 2012
Dual Core: I use my gtb mastercard several times a workin day on namecheap for domain registration and i have had no ossues with it. you dony need the activation code with namecheap. i did not even need to send them details of the card on my firat use. Retry the card at a later time to see if it works. Just note that 3 consecutive credit card failures on namecheqp will lead to an account lock.

pls i want to confirm somethin? Must i get my token before i can purchase something online or make payment.. because my bro has a first bank mastercard. He was Den requested to get a token. But @d end OF d day wen he was tryin to make a purchase online. Dey dint even request for activation code or anythin dat relates to token.. So pls i wanna hear your View
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by klas(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2012
^^^ you don't need a token to do online transaction on third parties websites but you will need it if you want to transact with the bank itself especially if it involves third party.

For example, if you are buying air ticket online on an airline website, token will not be asked for because the platform used eg inter switch, etranzact etc, does not have the token generated numbers on its database to compare. However, if you want to transfer money online from your account to a third party account on your bank's website, token will be required.

1 Like

Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by mrperfect(m): 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
That isn't a news anymore.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by infogenius(m): 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2012
@Topic
Let me tell you how to go around it.Simply load the ammount you want to pay into the "add fund" on your namecheap acount using the GTBank card and then pay for whatever u want to pay for using the fund you have loaded in ur namecheap account.

Who I Go Ask?:
i use mine on namecheap with no problem. But it's not working on fb and goggle. [size=14pt]Please which naira MasterCard works on fb and/or google?[/size]

Use zenith visa card.

dayveed24:

pls i want to confirm somethin? Must i get my token before i can purchase something online or make payment.. because my bro has a first bank mastercard. He was Den requested to get a token. But @d end OF d day wen he was tryin to make a purchase online. Dey dint even request for activation code or anythin dat relates to token.. So pls i wanna hear your View

Yes u would need a token for some online trasactions especially transfer of money to another account and even purchasing stuff online.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by efe22(m): 1:08pm On Jun 07, 2012
@OP, don't be fooled by GTB token. It is all greedy ways in making money for the bank rather than secure your account. I had similar issue with their card as no website accepted my payment until I got Access Bank atm card powered by VISA. Payment not dey waste time na including my favourite hosting company HOSTGATOR.COM. GTB will soon tell you to get their dollar visa card, and if I were you, I will get access bank atm. This is my experience.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2012
Gtbank naira mastercard works online and i have been using mine on namecheap and others maybe there is something you are not getting right. make sure you are using a nigerian ip address. if it continues ty netfirms they are also good
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by shanda(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2012
I use mine regularly on godaddy without any issue.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by cybermike(m): 8:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
i need a mastercard...either with zenith or GTB. Guys do i need to open an account with them or just for the Mastercard? i need the one that i can use to pay for goods and servies online and also receive money into it?
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by ghostofsparta(m): 11:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
Guys please can anyone of you advise me on which of the Nigerian banks' card can be best used to register paypal so as to be linked with an ebay accoount. I have done this trick before but doesn't work again. I requested a visa naira debit card from ICB in 2010 and used it to register a paypal account and because I was aware paypal doesn't accept Nigeria among their list of supported countries I made sure the form I filled when obtaining the visa card bears a genuine UK address (billing) while the post address was Nigeria hoping that should trick paypal card processor into reading the ICB visa card originating from UK provided that bank personnel actually input what I filled on the form and to my surprise it worked. It has since expired and have tried several ways to have my new paypal account to be linked with a Nigerian card so as to be able to purchase from eBay and other sites that accept strictly PayPal. I like PayPal because it's easy, fast and safe and doesn't require one to reveal all financial detail inside one's card when paying online but the saddest thing is Nigeria has long been removed from their services which I know is due to the prolonged abuses perpetrated by the menace; 'yawu yawu' boys in various scams and misuses. Now I still know If I open a paypal account using a consenting friend's/family member address in the UK or USA, I still can't use it unless I link it with an account (bank account or a credit/debit card) just to be verified and also to be able to transact with it. My question again is: Which of the present banks in Nigeria can best aid me to achieve this? Just like I once did. I have heard so many about GTBank mastercard, infact I recently helped a friend to pay for a foreign school fees form in Canada using her GTB Mastercard since she didn't know how to go about it and she later confirmed it worked because an amount deducted was emailed to her. But I am still not sure if GTBank MC would work for paypal using the trick explained above. This is even my first time of hearing about Zenith's websurfer and I'd like to know if it's a card or just an online service from them? And might it work for Paypal too? Any suggestion is gladly welcomed.
Re: GTB Mastercard Rejected By Domain Name Registrar by ONLINEbizDON4U(m): 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2012
derickman: How Will I Pay Now For A Domain At Namecheap

Guys help me o cos this is very urgent. My GTB Mastercard was not approved by NameCheap. This is my first time of using it. I got the token and have also activated the card. There is enough funds in the card and I already have the activation code. Why did namecheap reject it because i heard so many reviews that they accept the gtb mastercard. Pls help me. Is there anything I did wrong or is it namecheap not accepting the gtb naira mastercard any longer.

Well! !!I buy from godaddy using my paypal account though and from any website.

Infact,PayPal is the best as I run one successfully from Nigeria.

You can check my signature below if want to have a PayPal account or just want me to pay for you online with PayPal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 4 Best Web Hosts For Nigeria Websites (& 4 To Avoid) - Bitcatcha.com / Drop Your Blog's Link For Free Review. / Why Are There Just A Handful Of Successful Bloggers In Nigeria And Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.