Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 PM

Please How Do I Network 5 Computers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Please How Do I Network 5 Computers (2517 Views)

.. / How Is The Wi I Network From Oxygenbroadband In Ikeja? / How Do I Network Two Systems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by utimayor(m): 6:15pm On Jun 07, 2012
i just finished setting up a five computer workgroup, all i need now is how to network them to share files and use the same printer, i have tried what i learnt years ago but it seems not to be working, i am sure maybe missed something. Please can you guyz put me through with detailed steps to network the computers and the printer aswell.
Note: it is just a local network (if that is the right term) it doesnt connect to the internet.
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by Shigoboy(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2012
Why dont you look for an engr and latter go back for the practical work again.
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by lifestyle1(m): 12:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
young man, I can't be explaining the steps on how to do this here cos its all practical oriented and besides its time consuming.undecided Well ensure that all the computers are in the same work group and also make sure you use a straight through cable. is that clear ?

Connect all the network cables to the switch and your pc's or Vice versa, off-course you must crimp the cables undecided
you can use a dynamic ip address scheme or a static address. I recommend a static address.

Ping all the computers on your network to ensure connectivity i.e(ping 192.168.0.2 ) and all other IP addresses. Now share your printer and do a test print from all the systems... sorry i can't explain how to share your printer in details just right click on the printer and click on sharing and security. that's where i can stop. undecided

Since you already have some knowledge on networking according to the information you provided, I will advice you to signup for a refresher program in practical computer networking which i will be starting soon. A week practical training is OK for you..

I wrote this piece now, if there is any error i stand to be corrected...

For more info about the training send me a mail : life_style32@yahoo.com spammers stay off undecided
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by tessyade: 4:23pm On Jun 08, 2012
Shigoboy: Why dont you look for an engr and latter go back for the practical work again.
I agree with you. Computer networking is better done practically than explain in writing. Contact a network or computer engineer to help you.
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by adetwin(m): 9:27am On Jun 09, 2012
We could help u fix it up Contact : ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by chygoz3(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2012
What operating system are the computers running on? What exactly is the problem you are facing? Can the computers ping each other?
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by utimayor(m): 9:50am On Jun 10, 2012
chygoz3: What operating system are the computers running on? What exactly is the problem you are facing? Can the computers ping each other?

windows xp
Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by utimayor(m): 9:51am On Jun 10, 2012
life_style: young man, I can't be explaining the steps on how to do this here cos its all practical oriented and besides its time consuming.undecided Well ensure that all the computers are in the same work group and also make sure you use a straight through cable. is that clear ?

Connect all the network cables to the switch and your pc's or Vice versa, off-course you must crimp the cables undecided
you can use a dynamic ip address scheme or a static address. I recommend a static address.

Ping all the computers on your network to ensure connectivity i.e(ping 192.168.0.2 ) and all other IP addresses. Now share your printer and do a test print from all the systems... sorry i can't explain how to share your printer in details just right click on the printer and click on sharing and security. that's where i can stop. undecided

Since you already have some knowledge on networking according to the information you provided, I will advice you to signup for a refresher program in practical computer networking which i will be starting soon. A week practical training is OK for you..

I wrote this piece now, if there is any error i stand to be corrected...

For more info about the training send me a mail : life_style32@yahoo.com spammers stay off undecided

thanks bro, iv done it.. Thanks for the xplanation anyway... My error is from crripping, i misplaced colours cos i was in a haste.. Wen i relaxed and traced my steps.. I saw d errors and recriped

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Network 5 Computers by lifestyle1(m): 10:12am On Jun 10, 2012
uti-mayor:

thanks bro, iv done it.. Thanks for the xplanation anyway... My error is from crripping, i misplaced colours cos i was in a haste.. Wen i relaxed and traced my steps.. I saw d errors and recriped

Good!

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Lenovo Yoga 12 (2-in-1) I5, 8gb Memory, 128gb Ssd, Stylus Pen SOLD / Free Browsing On Laptop / Pc Using Your Mobile Phoneline As A Modem / Impact of Google Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.