Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe (15780 Views)

UNILAG Renamed 'Moshood Abiola University' / UNILAG VC Professor Adetokunbo Babatunde Sofoluwe Is Dead? / Unilag Vc List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Akainzo(m): 5:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
iykak47: But the president has already sent the bill to National assembly, the argument about lack of due process is defeated, afterall National University Commission(NUC) has not taken any action in respect of the new name. undecided

SO by your reasoning, if a university tells a student that he has to score 200 to gain admission for a course, then the university should deem it fit that the student is qualified once he can say "I have bought JAMB form"!

Your ignorance is so nauseating! A word of advice, please go back to school. It would do you more good in the long run.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Akainzo(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ejiné: SMH! Look at these hungry Unilag riff-raffs still fighting about 'swag' and 'brand name'!!

Pray tell, exactly what brand name are you talking about, when outside Nigeria, even the POLYTECHNIC of Namibia is ranked higher than that glorified chicken barn you call a school?
Please, tell us, because I fail to see!

Or is this another case of the dumb ignorant Lagosians actually thinking the world gives a phuck about them, when the opposite has CONSISTENTLY been proven to be the case?

Such sorry mooorons in their dream world.

And the name change would suddenly improve the ranking of MAULAG, right? Truly, our education has gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Akainzo(m): 5:45pm On Jun 08, 2012
Victorsky: UNILAG ranked 38th in Africa!!!! and prof is talking about a brand...a failed brand
University of Ile-ife was renamed to Obafemi awolowo univeristy
Edo state University was renanamed to Prof Ambrose Alli University
NOW, unilag RENAMED maul.....WHAT IS WRONG.

If you don't like the name go to other universities.

True, you are hereby renamed GOAT! You can now go and eat!
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by zerocool(m): 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2012
Keep posting messages criticizing the name change. It won't change anything. The name change to Moshood Abiola University have been approved by the senate. Ibidapo Obe can go and finally faint now cheesy
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Ugosample(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2012
There are a lot of gullible people on this forum. For those who support the name change, give me three reasons why the name of unilag should be changed jo maulag. Good reasons, not vag.ue reasons.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by mabcos: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2012
[quote author=chyket]It is so amusing when people want to justify why Unilag name should be retained,they tried to do that by telling us how international they brand is, Who really rates any Nigerian University high abroad Unilag inclusive?Let the VCs ,lecturers etc please concern themselves more with how to lift the standard of Education in their various Universities so that our graduates will be able to compete effectively in the global community.
In my lifetime,I have seen Countries,big Corporations et.Its obvious u can read but more obvious u can't interprete logical terms. The prof is not bias.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Alxmyr(m): 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ugosample: There are a lot of gullible people on this forum. For those who support the name change, give me three reasons why the name of unilag should be changed jo maulag. Good reasons, not vag.ue reasons.
Set the pace, give three good reasons, not vague, not UNILAG sounds better, or brand crap?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Dosoq(f): 7:27pm On Jun 08, 2012
Alxmyr: Despite the professor's hard work claim and the world brand claim, UNILAG ranked 38th in Africa, and third in Nigeria.
Dont mind dem,dey r representing nigeria wit deir 38th position,while ghana is d 16th,compare n contrast,yet de want 2 kill demselves...........mtchewwwwwwwww.
http://www.4icu.org/topAfrica/
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Ugosample(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2012
Let us see where this will end. University of Lagos will remain University of Lagos. The Alumni, Parent Association Staff and students of Unilag will never recognisd that name. And for ignorant people, the alumni is also a major stakeholder in the school because they fund projects in the school as well. Since all those connected to the school don't want the name, why force it on them. Besides, the money that wil b spent on this can be used to equip the labs and build additional hostels for d school.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by wealth123: 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2012
Unilag haters here shame on u. Because you could not secure admission to Unilag you have decided to support GEJ on this. The name change to MAULAG will not work In Jesus Name Amen.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by jenti: 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2012
Kudos for our dear Prof.
We salute yout courage to speak up
You are different and sure of your reputation
SHAME TO PROF OKOJIE, NUC SECRETARY.
WHEN YOU LEAVE THAT COMFORTABLE POSITION, WE
SHALL SEE WHAT WILL BECOME OF YOU
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by VUVUZELA10: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
Electric transformer non dey Ndufe-Alike? Ibidapo-Obe do Nigerians big favour to caress and kiss the nearest transformer.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by tpia5: 11:20pm On Jun 08, 2012
tessyade: I guess there is more to this name than we know.

yes there is.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by tpia5: 11:21pm On Jun 08, 2012
jenti: Kudos for our dear Prof.
@ all of them

WHEN YOU LEAVE THAT COMFORTABLE POSITION, WE
SHALL SEE WHAT WILL BECOME OF YOU

good point.

yorubas say eni da omi si waju, a t'ele tutu.

as people make their bed, so they shall lie in it.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by iykak47: 11:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
soapdish:
I'm still waiting for the result of your research though I strongly believe that you don't know, infact you don't have any CLUE about research talk more of engaging in one. You need to go back to Primary School,pathetic Looserrrr. Its not Unilag's fault that you couldn't pass their POST UME. Get over it already.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 08, 2012
gregg2: Prof is just selfish. That his personal achievement will
be affected by the name change doesn't mean a thing.
UNILAG or MAULAG whatever, is FG's property.
National interest overrides personal interest.
u are madd
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by calaharry: 11:53pm On Jun 08, 2012
Can't you all see the big reason behind all this commotion.it obvious dt GeJ is not in good terms with d Late VC of unilag.Do you all smell a rat in this matter such dt instead of GEJ to send condolence message to comfort d unilag community, Gej sent a devasting news to disrupt academic activities in unilag.This clearly a selfcentred agenda and not in national interest at all.The senate as d voice of d ppl will now need to quench this inferno,so dt the psychy of unilag students and stakeholders can return to normalcy.Caution to all those bearing grudge with unilag let them desist from mischief talk and be human in express their opinion because it could be you turn tmorrow. God is d final approver not man,whatever will be,will be...
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by calaharry: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2012
calaharry: Can't you all see the big reason behind all this commotion.it obvious dt GeJ is not in good terms with d Late VC of unilag.Do you all smell a rat in this matter such dt instead of GEJ to send condolence message to comfort d unilag community, Gej sent a devasting news to disrupt academic activities in unilag.This clearly a selfcentred agenda and not in national interest at all.The senate as d voice of d ppl will now need to quench this inferno,so dt the psychy of unilag students and stakeholders can return to normalcy.Caution to all those bearing grudge with unilag let them desist from mischief talk and be human in express their opinion because it could be you turn tmorrow. God is d final approver not man,whatever will be,will be...
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by maigaskiya1: 12:01am On Jun 09, 2012
zangiff: Die na
na so
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by iykak47: 12:36am On Jun 09, 2012
Akainzo:

SO by your reasoning, if a university tells a student that he has to score 200 to gain admission for a course, then the university should deem it fit that the student is qualified once he can say "I have bought JAMB form"!

Your ignorance is so nauseating! A word of advice, please go back to school. It would do you more good in the long run.
Whenever you are tired of 'runs' and ready to leave the school, if out of pity the authority decides to give you a certificate, scrape MALU part and replace it with unilag. na same same.
Old boy this new name really fits you, no wonder you behave like a mad cow.nnama ara.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by deyrock(m): 1:15am On Jun 09, 2012
[right][/right]GEj is a pure disgrace to this country.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Holyrule(m): 7:53am On Jun 09, 2012

Am so disappointed at what you just said right now. Am not a unilag student but i so do not support what the president did. And if i could go on stating reasons, i believe he did it for political reasons, but unlucky for him, people in Western region seem to be hating him more instead... He taught honoring Abiola would boost his political presence positively in the Western region, but i guess the reactions he got speaks for itself ... Its the President who has personal interest here, not the prof.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by ewosk: 8:20am On Jun 09, 2012
this thing pain me lipsrsealed....that a federal institution is renamed not after a rogue and there is a public uproar...it is odd! well Nigeria and Nigerians are actually living the odd life...All people in support of Unilag continue complaining to other who desire the content not the container embrace the 'Rebranded' MAULAG....
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by jose077(m): 8:51am On Jun 09, 2012
what is ur definition of national interest? Is it interest of the government or the people.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2012
wealth123: Unilag haters here shame on u. Because you could not secure admission to Unilag you have decided to support GEJ on this. The name change to MAULAG will not work In Jesus Name Amen.

Go wash dat mouth of urz, tel me wat is so gr8 abt being a student of (unilag). Does not gaining admission into it mean failure in life, or is it all of its graduates dat make it in life. U guys' problem abt d name change is jst d 'EFIZZY' dat comes wit d name, u jst cant seem 2 stand d name 'MAULAG'. U beta get used 2 it, cos itz stayn, & dats weda u like it or not.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by kinguwem: 9:48am On Jun 09, 2012
Prof. has stated his opinion. I think he's egocentric about the issue. He should set aside his personal interest. However most nigerians support the renaming of Unilag after MKO. Lasu can be renamed Unilag if actually the name is the problem. Before, people were calling for immortalization of MKO. Now that he has been immortalized, people are still complaining. Hypocrisy is a problem in this country.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 9:54am On Jun 09, 2012
Ungrateful Unilag. So they never really loved Abiola, even after everything he did for them when he was alive. Get used to the name, cos it's here to stay. Moreso, it doesn't decrease the value of the certificate gotten out of it.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Alxmyr(m): 9:59am On Jun 09, 2012
kinguwem: Prof. has stated his opinion. I think he's egocentric about the issue. He should set aside his personal interest. However most nigerians support the renaming of Unilag after MKO. Lasu can be renamed Unilag if actually the name is the problem. Before, people were calling for immortalization of MKO. Now that he has been immortalized, people are still complaining. Hypocrisy is a problem in this country.

Thank you jare. That is the one control by Lagos state. AfterallJune 12 is just few days away, Fashola can save these egocentric people by renaming LASU.
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2012
gregg2: Assuming we had UNILAG changed to Ibidapo Obe University, Lagos (IOU)
would Prof still be saying the same thing?

You can't be certain he would support it. Not everyone is as selfish and shallow minded like you, you know?
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Detongue: 10:13am On Jun 09, 2012
Prof u 4 die so we go know say u serious...mtchwww
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by member479760: 10:31am On Jun 09, 2012
cnario:

Are you for real? It amazing how some of you allow your selfish views to cloud your sense of reason. You say 'National Interest' - please tell me, of what advantage is it to the nation that the name of a prestigious institution like UNILAG was changed? It is even of a greater National interest that the name should remain UNILAG. Lest you forget, the reputation of Nigeria in the international community is dead, and Nigerians are treated like dogs. Institutions like UNILAG that still command respect in the International community should be preserved, not destroyed - talk of replacing concrete buildings with glass houses.

what is in that school that is prestigious? a school without good computer science lecturer, a school that can't train ready energy workers. poo!
Re: I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2012
nakedall:

what is in that school that is prestigious? a school without good computer science lecturer, a school that can't train ready energy workers. poo!

You indeed have a na.ked, porous brain cavity. The just deceased vc was a professor of computer science that worked on using algorithms in determining the nature of clogging in the pulmonary artery. He worked on "order in chaos". Most of the processes in that school are automated. You login into the student records part, u get ur results and have your CGPA, GPA automatically calculated. How many schools do that in this country? Spoke to a friend from ife recently and he says they don't have any system that allows that. You get your results online a few days after an exam. Unilag is the first school in Nigeria that randomly allocates hostels to students using advanced algorithm that allocates people based on their departments and year of study. So where are all your unfounded claims coming from? Are you just beclouded by your resentment or have you just decided to exhibit your ignorance here? Get a life nig.ga

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria-india Students Fracas: Calm Has Been Restored - Abike Dabiri-erewa / Kagara: Abducted Students Will Return Safe – Niger State Government (Photo) / Please Help Me, My Original Documents Are Missing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.