Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,597 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead (2390 Views)

Is There Still Punishment After Forgiveness Of Sins? / How Do We Pray Over Meal: Bless This Food Oh Lord! / Can We Pray Together? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 08, 2012
In my opinion, the answer is NO !

" .......‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!” - Mark 12:25-27

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" - Hebrews 9:27

"Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."" - Luke 9:60

"The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’-”- Luke 16:22

In the light of these scriptures, it is clear that the doctrine of praying for the deceased is just another ploy of SATAN to damn the souls of men. This reminds me of the diabolical heresy of Purgatory.

Let us know your thoughts.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 08, 2012
Can I have some sincere answers, please.

Only Christians , Catholics and Muslims need respond.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by ijawkid(m): 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2012
frosbel: In my opinion, the answer is NO !

" .......‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’[d]? He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!” - Mark 12:25-27

"And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" - Hebrews 9:27

"Jesus said to him, "Let the dead bury their own dead, but you go and proclaim the kingdom of God."" - Luke 9:60

"The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’-”- Luke 16:22

In the light of these scriptures, it is clear that the doctrine of praying for the deceased is just another ploy of SATAN to damn the souls of men. This reminds me of the diabolical heresy of Purgatory.

Let us know your thoughts.

I agree with u....

I tink d purgatory doctrine is tied up to this ""praying for d dead"" dogma......
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Ptolomeus(m): 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
There is no purgatory.
It is not biblical.
Purgatory is an invention of the bishops and popes.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Youngsage: 12:17am On Jun 09, 2012
No. There is no repentance in the grave, and there can be no forgiveness without repentance.
You can only pray for a person to repent/yield to Christ in order to be forgiven/have eternal life, while the person is alive.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by buzugee(m): 12:23am On Jun 09, 2012
its pointless praying for the forgiveness of their sins because galatians 6 vs 7 is the backbone of the lords justice. they will get their licking even if 2 million saints interceded on their behalf. you cant hide from your licking. prayer aint gone deliver you from your licking
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 09, 2012
St Paul prayed for his late friend onesiphorous in 2 Tim 1:18,Jesus preached the gospel to the dead in 1 pet 3:19-21,1 pet 4:6,Judas prayed for the dead in 2 macacabees 12

Obviously from the foregoing it is very biblical to pray for the dead.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Nobody: 2:36am On Jun 09, 2012
[/quote]There is no purgatory.
It is not biblical.
Purgatory is an invention of the bishops and popes.
[quote]

even the selection of the books of the bible was the work of catholic bishops and popes
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by Nobody: 2:41am On Jun 09, 2012
[/quote]And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement:" - Hebrews 9:27[quote]
This quote does not vitiate the notion of purgatory in any way as it is only after judgement that a person is sent to either purgatory,heaven or hell.
Re: Should We Pray For the forgiveness of sins of the Dead by emmyileri(m): 8:14am On Nov 08, 2021
You can't pray for the dead, mercy ends the moment you breathe your last breath and judgment set in. The issue of purgatory is from the pit of hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4URKHvdky8g&t=12s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxiOheZe4ks&t=28s

(1) (Reply)

International Arrest Warrant Issued Against POPE FRANCIS I, Jorge Bergoglio / 12 Beautiful Abandoned Churches Of The World / Have You Ever Fasted Before? (my Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.