Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

To Be Or Not To Be...... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Be Or Not To Be...... (2554 Views)

Poll: Whats the lesser evil?

Stripping: 25% (3 votes)
Getting a sugar daddy: 8% (1 vote)
Prostitution¿: 8% (1 vote)
None: 41% (5 votes)
All: 16% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
Nairalanders,i desperately need serious suggestions. Im seriously considering becoming a stripper.I'll be 20yrs this september. And my life hasnt been a bed of roses. I've got 5siblings to cater for. My mum is a widow and we're sworn enemies cos she feels am an immoral person. Only my present bf knows am a virgin. He doesnt support me financially and i hate the idea of being a gold digger so i let him be. Two of My younger ones r getting into the university soon.im an undergraduate.I have to assist my mum cos the extended family's not a family at all and she's pressurizing me to get married to some moneybag. God knows im not feeling him AT ALL but this might be my chance to actually please my mum for once. im confused. I cant hawk sex because i've been through so many sexual issues in my young life. I've tried searching for part time jobs but its not working out with my school time table. Im tired of trying . Do i become a stripper?does anybody know any strip club that pays well?can you drop contacts??help needed ASAP!!!
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 3:59am On Jun 11, 2012
Are you a MAULag babe?

Marriage seems to be your best choice way out here. Luckily, he is rich. With time, you'll learn to love him. Beggars cant be choosers.

Should you choose to opt out of the marriage, please bear in mind that your 5 siblings are not your primary responsibility, neither is your mother. It would be more than foolish to sell your body to please/feed them.
[s]
If you insist on that route, there are lots of such clubs in lagos you can choose from.[/s]

How many years do you have left in school, and what course? Hows the gpa?

#Life is all about choices!
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by iaabc(f): 11:46am On Jun 11, 2012
really, being a stripper is better than marrying the moneybag?
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by lifestyle1(m): 9:54am On Jun 13, 2012
iaabc: really, being a stripper is better than marrying the moneybag?

What does strippers do ? undecided
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by lifestyle1(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2012
Get married... undecided
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 11:20am On Jun 13, 2012
according to the poll, being a stripper is better but you have to know that your integrity and image wont ever be the same after your first night.
look all around you, there are many opportunities, i dunno where you're from or what you are but if u're willing, you can think about this few points:

1.) you want to be a stripper means you are not shy at all then, u can open a MINI NOODLES KIOSK, you sell flavoured noodles (surf the net to know best ways to know the cheapest means to make them or simply use nairaland), you are in a university so, you can definitely fry bean cakes and yam (add suya pepper to give it flavour)

2.) you have 5 siblings, ur mum is a widow and you're thinking about getting naughty then, you've gotten a great story for a great resumé/ CV for this:
There are many Nigerian news paper company that will pay you for writing real stories about what happens about your daily life. you can simply freelance for them or apply for a column (reasearch!!!)

3.) The third one. If you feel like acting, i will connect you to a/ some major actors in Nigeria. (They will request for your body at one time or another, it depends on how you will handle them).

4.) have a plan... sugar daddy till i make 500K and then what? or till i get HIV and then what

5.) If you're willing, you can explain a little about your environment and some of us might give u ideas on what to do.

6.) Some of us can sponsor you but credibilty is not one of the quality most of us Nigerians possess.

7.)I wish you well and wont want you to think of any of those naughty choices, i know it's been tough on u to get this resolution but no great man or woman without scary tales (the common thing about them is that they all overcame)
Goodluck!!!

3 Likes

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2012
and oh.. you can just write your stories cutely and either sell it, pitch to the contact i give you or you sell it to me. i know my way (a bit) in the industry.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Honeycity(f): 5:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
^wow! you nailed it.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2012

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by 2mch(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
Well i hate to be the one saying this, but your reality is different from everyone else's so you might as well take one for the team. Sadly, a lot of first borns have to do things they will not like to make a way for the others. Its better to marry the money bag than to become a stripper. Joining a strip club, you might get yourself into big trouble. They might make you sign a contract where you will get in trouble, and may have to have sex for money. Then you become a prostitute. And trust me in the future, this past will come back to haunt you. Nigeria is a very hyprocritical country. My advise? Marry the moneybag and be smart with whatever money comes your way. Set up your mum in a business and your siblings should also be doing things to contribute. They can go to technical schools on holiday to learn sewing, electrician or mechanic type things. On the other hand, you could buy clothes from yaba and sell. A lot of girls i have met do this. They wash the clothes well and redesign and sell. That could help you achieve some independence and not have to be a stripper or be in a loveless marriage. Its either you start a business or marry the money bag. Forget the stripper thingy. They make money mostly from sleeping with their regular clients.

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2012
V_Official®:
and oh.. you can just write your stories cutely and either sell it, pitch to the contact i give you or you sell it to me. i know my way (a bit) in the industry.
thanks for your advice. Im seriously thinking of your options

2 Likes

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2012
Thanks everyone for your contribution. V-official,i sent u an email.kindly reply

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 9:51pm On Jun 13, 2012
Xaurel: Thanks everyone for your contribution. V-official,i sent u an email.kindly reply
Thank God you like ma suggestions, i wish you well in life.
didnt c any, kindly resend it to official298@gmail.com.

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by 2mch(m): 9:58pm On Jun 13, 2012
It will be in your best interest not to contact or receive any help from anyone on NL. If they want to help you, they can give you details of a public contact or a known place. Be careful, dont fall prey to scammers or criminals. No offense v_official. wink

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 10:06pm On Jun 13, 2012
Xaurel: Thanks everyone for your contribution. V-official,i sent u an email.kindly reply

hmmn! So u truly exist?

1. It will help if you can answer the questions raised in V's 7 point Agenda

2. Is there no way you can manage/endure this money bag? That seems the easiest way out. Other options might stress you and affect your studies without changing your financial situation. Just how unlovable is this man?
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2012
2mch: It will be in your best interest not to contact or receive any help from anyone on NL. If they want to help you, they can give you details of a public contact or a known place. Be careful, dont fall prey to scammers or criminals. No offense v_official. wink
no offense at all man. i school in europe... so, i cant meet anyone and... use your discretion... dunno trust me as i dunno trust u.
shikena

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 10:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
yamakuza:

hmmn! So u truly exist?

1. It will help if you can answer the questions raised in V's 7 point Agenda

2. Is there no way you can manage/endure this money bag? That seems the easiest way out. Other options might stress you and affect your studies without changing your financial situation. Just how unlovable is this man?

hmm... i prefer stripping to that kinda marriage..
if you have to be great in life, you need personal experiences so as to manage yourself when you eventually become the big boss.
you can only marry if you plan to kill the man after making enough, divorce him or just get rid of him so as to move on with your life.
you dont have to go for my advise but replan... plz, there are untapped wealth around you..
just look farther than 'normal' people.
i might be harsh but realistically harsh..
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2012
V_Official®:

hmm... i prefer stripping to that kinda marriage..
if you have to be great in life, you need personal experiences so as to manage yourself when you eventually become the big boss.
you can only marry if you plan to kill the man after making enough, divorce him or just get rid of him so as to move on with your life.
you dont have to go for my advise but replan... plz, there are untapped wealth around you..
just look farther than 'normal' people.
i might be harsh but realistically harsh..
Goodluck!

why paint this man as a devil? For all we know, he might be her God sent angel!

He will take care of her, her mother and her siblings without batting an eyelid!

All she has to do is lie back and think of England Nigeria/her family!

I still maintain that this 1 "devil" known to her and her family is way better than the hundreds of "angels" out there, strip clubs and all.

Remember that our grandparents never married for love. Some were even betrothed as babies!

How old is this man anyway? For all we know, he might be 40 something and single! All she has to do is try/decide to love him.

How difficult is that? Loving someone vs hustling?
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 14, 2012
yamakuza:

why paint this man as a devil? For all we know, he might be her God sent angel!

He will take care of her, her mother and her siblings without batting an eyelid!

All she has to do is lie back and think of England Nigeria/her family!

I still maintain that this 1 "devil" known to her and her family is way better than the hundreds of "angels" out there, strip clubs and all.

Remember that our grandparents never married for love. Some were even betrothed as babies!

How old is this man anyway? For all we know, he might be 40 something and single! All she has to do is try/decide to love him.

How difficult is that? Loving someone vs hustling?

sorry, but the thought of marrying someone i dont love is not appealing. And its not like our culture allows for a divorce
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 14, 2012
There is a stripper club in PHC, along stadium road. I cant remember the name.

You can go work there as part time. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2012
Vikin: There is a stripper club in PHC, along stadium road. I cant remember the name.

You can go work there as part time. undecided undecided

i hear they make N50k/mth, and about N2k/lapdance.

Thats about N130k/mth if she works 2 nights (weekends?) with 5 lapdances each night.

If she's schooling in lagos as i think, phc (away match) might be her best bet.

Just that she has to be ready for the temptations that come with the job.

If Harvard students can do it to pay tuition, why not a Maulag babe?

@op: if u r serious, i can tell u a few clubs.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 14, 2012
yamakuza:

i hear they make N50k/mth, and about N2k/lapdance.

Thats about N130k/mth if she works 2 nights (weekends?) with 5 lapdances each night.

If she's schooling in lagos as i think, phc (away match) might be her best bet.

Just that she has to be ready for the temptations that come with the job.

If Harvard students can do it to pay tuition, why not a Maulag babe?

@op: if u r serious, i can tell u a few clubs.

hahahahha.....You! I bet she can do it! Those girls there need to step up. Most of them are irritating (Sorry to say that). The day i went there with an ex colleague was the last time i stepped in there. He spent like 30k that night...plus all those politicians hiding at the corners.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Nairalanders, pardon me, since the OP has already made a decision(Guess she is above 1 8yrs), Yamuz and I are helping her execute the project.

Disclaimer: If this does not apply to you, pls disregard tongue

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2012
Vikin:

hahahahha.....You! I bet she can do it! Those girls there need to step up. Most of them are irritating (Sorry to say that). The day i went there with an ex colleague was the last time i stepped in there. He spent like 30k that night...plus all those politicians hiding at the corners.. cheesy cheesy cheesy

most of the girls at OC used to be undergraduates. LASU, ESUT, RSUST, IMSU, DELSU, etc.

I cant say for now sha, cos the last time i was there, the gals there were not it at all. A new club must have opened elsewhere, i guess.

As a beginner, its a safe place for her to start anyway. I dont think the ones in lagos cater exclusively to undergrads.

Nairalanders, pardon me, since the OP has already made a decision(Guess she is above 1 8yrs), Yamuz and I are helping her execute the project.

Disclaimer: If this does not apply to you, pls disregard tongue

yez o! She'z a very bigz galz.
[s]
@op: if u r game, i can give u details. Just note that its no place for a V cos the manager might want something b4 signing u on, and patrons like sticking money in funny places.[/s]
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by afrobaby(f): 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2012
yamakuza, are u seriously suggesting she marries the man even without any emotion cos of her family, lemme ask u when she begins to experience problems, battering or what have u in the man's house, is it the family that will save her.
Marrying a man cos of money is bad, especially at ur tender age of 20, becoming a stripper is worse. I usually gets mad when I see people especially ladies complaining and thinking of selling dia bodies cos of money, it is only a lazy lady that will lack, that is the truth. many ladies buy okrika bras for as low as #100 and sell to dia friends for as high as #300/400, even bags, clothes etc, and please do not say it will affect ur studies, na lie, I bought a sewing machine while in school and was sewing for ma friends, not becos I dont have parents, but because I just wanna free independent, what if I dont have parents, and I still graduated as the second best student in my department(no magomago o, lol)
So my dearie, pls life is more beautiful than that, u dont need to expose ur beauty which is suppose to be for ur husband just for the trial times u are in now, think of what business u can do. For once, forget about ur family, think of urself, what u can do to make ur life meaningful, u didnt tell ur mum to bring those children into this world, so she shud be able to cater for them, u cant assist ur siblings if uve not assisted urself first, enjoy

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by subzidi: 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2012
@ Op,
Like Afro-Baby said, it is only a lazy lady that would want to use her body and make money in an immoral way! Trust me neither of the options mentioned in your post is advisable especially if you are someone that guards her reputation jealously IMHO.
I did'nt have it easy either when i was in school yet i had both parents! I worked really hard to assist my parents in paying the school fees and i was same age as you then! I made money from writing Jamb, WAEC and GCE for people grin disclaimer{do not go that route), i was braiding hair for my friends+fellow students, did assignment for students who are too busy to do it themselves, sold 2nd hand stuffs, did ushering jobs at events,organized holiday classes for primary/secondary school students the list is endless.In fact i cannot remember any holiday that i did not work as an undergraduate(FULL-TIME).BTW i graduated with a good grade!
Trust me i was/still is a head turner, there were alot of temptations to go the easy route but held unto my God, self esteem and guarded my reputation jealously! And today its eureka for me , all those rough days are now part of history and NOW i'm gainfully employed+employer of labour too! Married to the bestest MAN on earth wink
My dear, look around you and find something you can do, there is dignity in labour ! Also, your younger ones should also be fending for themselves too! For Petes sake do not over pamper them or sell yourself all becos you want to make your younger ones comfortable! Life has thrown you guys a lemon hence it behoves on all of you to make a lemonade out of it! There so many odd jobs around like field marketing jobs, bus conductors(boys),cleaning services(in some estates people require someone to sweep their compounds, wash clothes e.tc) nanny job and so on and so forth....
It is well with you!! wink

2 Likes

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by yamakuza: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2012
afrobaby: yamakuza, are u seriously suggesting she marries the man even without any emotion cos of her family, lemme ask u when she begins to experience problems, battering or what have u in the man's house, is it the family that will save her.

a man her mother carefully chose for her wont batter her. If he tries, her mother will be there.

Marrying a man cos of money is bad, especially at ur tender age of 20, becoming a stripper is worse. I usually gets mad when I see people especially ladies complaining and thinking of selling dia bodies cos of money, it is only a lazy lady that will lack, that is the truth. many ladies buy okrika bras for as low as #100 and sell to dia friends for as high as #300/400, even bags, clothes etc, and please do not say it will affect ur studies, na lie, I bought a sewing machine while in school and was sewing for ma friends, not becos I dont have parents, but because I just wanna free independent, what if I dont have parents, and I still graduated as the second best student in my department(no magomago o, lol)
So my dearie, pls life is more beautiful than that, u dont need to expose ur beauty which is suppose to be for ur husband just for the trial times u are in now, think of what business u can do.

i dont think she can cater for a family of 7 working/selling part time and also study.

You were able to cope cos u didnt have 5 people on your neck.

For once, forget about ur family, think of urself, what u can do to make ur life meaningful, u didnt tell ur mum to bring those children into this world, so she shud be able to cater for them, u cant assist ur siblings if uve not assisted urself first, enjoy

yes, i agree with this. Does she? Hope she does sha.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by maclatunji: 10:22pm On Jun 14, 2012
20 year old OP. Learn a trade quickly and do not sell your dignity. It is your prized possession. Marriage to the money bag is way more decent than stripping or prostitution which are shameful and demeaning. You can learn tailoring and work on making at least 3 clothes per week. Find ladies with high taste and become their preferred seamstress if you don't want to marry the money bag.

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by VOfficialR(m): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
all said...
@OP
i'll also advise you to think about the tailoring stuff, very practical...
you can just start by customizing... i guess i have a creative approach....

Let's say you have a customer called 'xaurel'

1. get a friend who has a computer, use microsoft word or any other word processing software with varieties of font

2. pick out beautiful fonts for 'xaurel' to choose from

3. print the word 'xaurel' in whichever font she prefers and in a reasonable size..

4. cut it out

5. make a deal with a tailor around your school that can design the name out with threads... the deal should be around 10 to 50 naira per letter for the tailor (that's if you've not yet mastered the art).

be very creative, collect contracts, do your homework and give to tailors (you can collect around 100 naira per letter)... it might not be that easy but i think this will be good if nothing of such is yet to be done around you...
it might not be exactly like this but i geuss this should help. just be very creative.

You can also learn batik or batic (dunno) making, pick your best friends, tell them that they must buy your stuffs (make the best of the best for them), best publicity.
Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by dayokanu(m): 10:55pm On Jun 14, 2012
Let me see your picture and I would tell you what I think

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Odunnu: 3:41am On Jun 15, 2012
Tailoring will take a longer time in learning and yielding, go and learn to fix nails, manicure/pedicure. A thousand and one sisters and even brothers are comfortable with just that source of income. The good news is, if you set your heart at it, in a few weeks you would've learnt well.

1 Like

Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 15, 2012
@Yamakuza,kindly reply my mail. Thank you all for your contribution. Even though im more confused than before.
Re: To Be Or Not To Be...... by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 15, 2012
afrobaby: yamakuza, are u seriously suggesting she marries the man even without any emotion cos of her family, lemme ask u when she begins to experience problems, battering or what have u in the man's house, is it the family that will save her.
So my dearie, pls life is more beautiful than that, u dont need to expose ur beauty which is suppose to be for ur husband just for the trial times u are in now, think of what business u can do. For once, forget about ur family, think of urself, what u can do to make ur life meaningful, u didnt tell ur mum to bring those children into this world, so she shud be able to cater for them, u cant assist ur siblings if uve not assisted urself first, enjoy
thank you for your advice

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Man's Love Or A Woman's Submission, Which Should Come First? / Only Son Want To Marry A Girl With Hepatitis B / Man Who Fell For A Single Mother-of-six After Meeting On A Dating Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.