Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash (899 Views)

The DANA Plane Was Unable To Make An Emergency Landing Due To Airspace Closure / Of The DANA Plane Crash: ordinary Nigerians Are More Evil Than Their Leaders / Reuben Abati’s Tweet Over Dana Air Crash Stirs Anger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash by ceomike(m): 8:00am On Jun 09, 2012
Mr Paul Apel, a Nigerian filmmaker should be a dead man by now but for a phone call.

Mr Paul had just concluded a business deal in the capital of Nigeria, Abuja and booked his flights tickets back to Lagos. He was to fly the Dana Airline that later crashed that day killing 153 passengers on board, leaving no survivors.

After the deal conclusion, Mr Apel packed his belongings to travel until he received a call from his business partners in Lome, Togo to return to the Abuja office for an important arrangement. An unhappy Apel had to go back as he had no option.

On completion of what took him back to the office, he quickly boarded a taxi to the airport to board the Dana flight but again, the cab was unduly delayed by another. The car was blocked by another one and they could not immediately get the driver to remove the car for them to move at once to the airport.

Angered by the delay, Apel did his best to catch up with the flight but still missed it. By the time he arrived the airport, the ill-fated plane was taxing off and he had to wait for another flight to Lagos the following day..

“I was supposed to be on the flight but suddenly I received a call from one of my partners to edit something for him. That forced me to turn back to Abuja. I never knew that the call was divinely planned even though I was initially angry when it came.”
“I have no choice than to go to church to thank the Lord for protecting my life and to draw closer to Him,” Apel said.

Source: http://www.michaelokeje.com/2012/06/phone-call-saves-life.html
Re: How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash by kemiola89(f): 10:22am On Jun 09, 2012
In every disappointment there is always an hidden treasure!
Re: How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash by cindyrella(f): 1:58pm On Jun 09, 2012
^^^ well said..
Re: How A Phone Call Saved A Life From The Dana Air Crash by ikee(m): 2:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
kemiola89: In every disappointment there is always an hidden treasure!
Absolutely correct!

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Plans To Kill Christains In The South With SUYA / Foreign Policy: U.S. Declared War On Iran In The Coming Days / Boko Haram Sponsors Revealed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.