Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,441 members, 7,861,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off (1567 Views)

Okocha Emerges Delta FA Chairman / Christian Obodo Found In Italy With Marijuana & Girls / Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
Delta State has condemned the kidnap of former Super Eagles midfielder
Christian Obodo and said that the state government was making frantic
efforts to ensure that the player was released . However, spokesman of Delta Football Association Timi Ibikagbaro ,
Saturday, frowned at the lifestyle of Obodo whom he accused of “showing
off and attracting unnecessary attention that possibly led to his
unfortunate kidnap.” Timi said that Obodo had gone to a night club Friday night in a
customized car that had “Obodo 5” as number plate and had spent a lot
of money to entertain his friends. “Contacts are being made and every hand is on deck to ensure his
release,” Timi said, adding “but we have advised players to inform us
when they are on holiday so that we can provide security and also advise
them on their life style. Obodo showed off which was not necessary going
by the mood of the nation after the Dana plane crash and even security
issues in the country. ” This is in no way trying to cast aspersions or condemn Obodo as a person.
But some life styles attract these kidnappers. It was possible they trailed
him from the night club to when he retired and picked him up. Security
men are, however, doing everything possible to ensure his release.
Contacts have been made and work is going on to free him.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/former-eagles-star-obodo-kidnapped-delta-fa-frowns-at-lifestyle/
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by DisGuy: 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2012
they probably organised the kidnap!! he didnt invite them

why should players inform them when they are on holidays?

what security can they provide= cultists?

1 Like

Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Abagworo(m): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2012
If you know how hungry Nigerians are, then you'll realize how risky it is to show off.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Obiagu1(m): 8:39pm On Jun 09, 2012
Yes, everyone in Nigeria should dump their cars and go back to Volkswagen and 404. SMH
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by DisGuy: 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2012
Abagworo: If you know how hungry Nigerians are, then you'll realize how risky it is to show off.

what do you classify as showing off?
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by philip0906(m): 9:10pm On Jun 09, 2012
ogbeche77: Delta State has condemned the kidnap of former Super Eagles midfielder
Christian Obodo and said that the state government was making frantic
efforts to ensure that the player was released . However, spokesman of Delta Football Association Timi Ibikagbaro ,
Saturday, frowned at the lifestyle of Obodo whom he accused of “showing
unfortunate kidnap.” Timi said that Obodo had gone to a night club Friday night in a
of money to entertain his friends. “Contacts are being made and every hand is on deck to ensure his
release,” Timi said, adding “but we have advised players to inform us
when they are on holiday so that we can provide security and also advise
them on their life style. Obodo showed off which was not necessary going
by the mood of the nation after the Dana plane crash and even security
issues in the country. ” This is in no way trying to cast aspersions or condemn Obodo as a person.
But some life styles attract these kidnappers. It was possible they trailed
him from the night club to when he retired and picked him up. Security
men are, however, doing everything possible to ensure his release.
Contacts have been made and work is going on to free him.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/former-eagles-star-obodo-kidnapped-delta-fa-frowns-at-lifestyle/
oh dear. . .what has d @bolded got 2 do with anything?
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Which kain stupid talk be this.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 09, 2012
My job is to work hard, pay my taxes and drive whatever car I want that is legal according to the laws of the land.

The Govt's job is to provide adequate protection for the inhabitants of areas under its jurisdictional control.

Someone please tell these illiterate Delta State Officials to shut the f*cuk up!
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by philip0906(m): 10:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
kingoflag: My job is to work hard, pay my taxes and drive whatever car I want that is legal according to the laws of the land.

The Govt's job is to provide adequate protection for the inhabitants of areas under its jurisdictional control.

Someone please tell these illiterate Delta State Officials to shut the f*cuk up!
* uncle ruckus(boondocks) tone* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by dayokanu(m): 10:20pm On Jun 09, 2012
Delta state is in the hands of dogs
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 09, 2012
warri boyz no dey carry last, pata pata na draw
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by cheikh: 11:05pm On Jun 09, 2012
ogbeche77
However, spokesman of Delta Football Association Timi Ibikagbaro ,
Saturday, frowned at the lifestyle of Obodo [/b]whom he accused of “showing
of money to entertain his friends.

@ ^^ that's the mind set of a wretched person from the South of Nigeria especially the Niger Delta area sad. Is [b]showing off
not a Nigerian trait? Is it illegal? Timi Ibikagbaro is certainly envious and jealous hence his detailed outburst. I blame Obodo for venturing into the envious good for nothing area where corruption and bad bele is as natural to the people as hooliganism/thiefry.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jun 09, 2012
That statement was uncalled for ? What will a young man that has worked real hard for his cash do, whats life without exotic cars, and partying. I think they should blame the kidnappers and not throwing blame on an innocent and civil Christian Obodo, they better go to America and see how stars show up.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Ejine(m): 11:31pm On Jun 09, 2012
What business do I still have with this useless state anymore? I won't even be coming back for christmas this year or the next 4 years to come, for that matter.

Fuckkiing arse.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Afam4eva(m): 11:38pm On Jun 09, 2012
Ejiné: What business do I still have with this useless state anymore? I won't even be coming back for christmas this year or the next 4 years to come, for that matter.

Fuckkiing arse.
I think Delta north is relatively safe.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Ejine(m): 12:06am On Jun 10, 2012
afam4eva:
I think Delta north is relatively safe.

It's only a matter of time, bro. It's only a matter of time.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by dplordx(m): 12:31am On Jun 10, 2012
Choi! And my H2 is almost cleared!!! Naija na rubbish place. Even for Malay, I nor dey fear oppress the country owners, na 4 my fatherland I go come dey fear!
Whick kin tn be this O angry angry angry angry
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by dayokanu(m): 12:34am On Jun 10, 2012
Ejiné: What business do I still have with this useless state anymore? I won't even be coming back for christmas this year or the next 4 years to come, for that matter.

Fuckkiing arse.

See how Deltans dont want to be associated with their states and some of them are the most vocal in attacking other states

I hope I wont see you on another thread condemning or commenting about another state in the country if you cant get your home state right
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Tyche(m): 10:49am On Jun 10, 2012
That FA spox should go and mop atlantic ocean. WTF is he saying?
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by mrman2(m): 10:55am On Jun 10, 2012
philip0906:
* uncle ruckus(boondocks) tone* grin grin grin
Uncle ruckus, no relations. Lol
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Jakumo(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2012
All who flaunt wealth in Mexico, Colombia or Nigeria are only making themselves targets of kidnappers.

In the above three countries, the type of car which a potential kidnap victim occupies becomes the PRIMARY criterion by which the MONETARY VALUE of that person is assessed, and for many victims, that snap judgment by the kidnapping gang decides whether they continue their drive in safety, or wind up captured and possibly killed, regardless of whether ransom demands are met.

If you are cruising the streets of Los Angeles, London or Honolulu, then by all means show the hos your fine ride, and you'll get more tail for sure. Flash that cash-mobile in Lagos, Bogota or Tijuana, however, and your chances of vanishing into a squalid hiding place or grave will rise dramatically, and when that happens, getting laid with gold-digger hos will be the LEAST of your worries.

This Nigerian-born Euro-football player, who decided to bling out his exotic car with custom license plates while on vacation in Nigeria, was in effect driving around with a large neon sign BEGGING to be kidnapped. Clearly Mr.Football was not satisfied with all the soccer groupies who throw themselves at him in Europe, and so he decided to advertise his availability to women in Nigeria, forgetting that the same displays of wealth known to draw in women of easy virtue also attract kidnappers and highwaymen like honey does a swarm of killer bees.

Personally I tool around in a seriously modified but VERY UGLY 30-year old car when in Nigeria, however, those plain looks and faded paint job hide a ridiculously powerful, highly-tuned V8 engine that has enabled me to leave much newer cars driven by banditos in the dust on several memorable occasions.

1 Like

Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Gbawe: 12:17pm On Jun 10, 2012
dayokanu: Delta state is in the hands of dogs

Their goons will soon show up here to blame Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi and Aregbesola for this.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Gbawe: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2012
dayokanu:

See how Deltans dont want to be associated with their states and some of them are the most vocal in attacking other states

I hope I wont see you on another thread condemning or commenting about another state in the country if you cant get your home state right

It is the heights of personal hypocrisy. It is also indicative of how some do not have personal integrity, honesty and basic human decency . How can a balanced and mentally healthy person remain focused, 24/7, on the speck in the eyes of others while ignoring the huge boulder in their own eyes?

Instead of working to liberate their States and region from gangsters, killers, cynical politicians and evil godfathers, like GEJ, Uduaghan, Odili, Anenih, Ibori et al, openly enslaving the region, they are here constantly obsessing over SW issues.

Very strange and abnormal that those from very troubled States in Nigeria say nothing about their problems at home yet feel very comfortable attacking anything to do with SW administrators and States 24/7. As we speak, GEJ is supervising the take-over of the ND by a criminal and militant class. You won't see some Nairalanders from that region focusing on that. They would rather focus on the SW 24/7 while their States and region is receiving the same evil treatment , from GEJ, that the SW got under OBJ. The SW confronted the evil caused by its own (OBJ) and defeated it. We did not play hypocritical Ostrich to be obsessing about others , in our darkest hour, when our home was on fire.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by nduchucks: 1:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Jakumo:

Personally I tool around in a seriously modified but VERY UGLY 30-year old car when in Nigeria, however, those plain looks and faded paint job hide a ridiculously powerful, highly-tuned V8 engine that has enabled me to leave much newer cars driven by banditos in the dust on several memorable occasions. cheesy

Jakumo, you dey fear? Aren't you aware of the services of highly trained and well equipped security outfits in your neck of the wooks, here in Nigeria?

With the kind of fear you are expressing here, one wonders how you'll react, when your idol, Gen Buhari and his lovely group, (a.k.a Nigeria's moral minority), come for you.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Jakumo(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Jakumo, you dey fear? Aren't you aware of the services of highly trained and well equipped security outfits in your neck of the wooks, here in Nigeria?

With the kind of fear you are expressing here, one wonders how you'll react, when your idol, Gen Buhari and his lovely group, (a.k.a Nigeria's moral minority), come for you.

In my guns I trust, Ndu Chuks, and when cornered, that is my last resort. Thank you Jeeesus ! Still and all it will take a Hollywood stunt driver with a VERY powerful car to keep up with my stealth jalopy, and of that I am certain from real-life experience on the road.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2012
Jakumo: All who flaunt wealth in Mexico, Colombia or Nigeria are only making themselves targets of kidnappers.

In the above three countries, the type of car which a potential kidnap victim occupies becomes the PRIMARY criterion by which the MONETARY VALUE of that person is assessed, and for many victims, that snap judgment by the kidnapping gang decides whether they continue their drive in safety, or wind up captured and possibly killed, regardless of whether ransom demands are met.

If you are cruising the streets of Los Angeles, London or Honolulu, then by all means show the hos your fine ride, and you'll get more tail for sure. Flash that cash-mobile in Lagos, Bogota or Tijuana, however, and your chances of vanishing into a squalid hiding place or grave will rise dramatically, and when that happens, getting laid with gold-digger hos will be the LEAST of your worries.

This Nigerian-born Euro-football player, who decided to bling out his exotic car with custom license plates while on vacation in Nigeria, was in effect driving around with a large neon sign BEGGING to be kidnapped. Clearly Mr.Football was not satisfied with all the soccer groupies who throw themselves at him in Europe, and so he decided to advertise his availability to women in Nigeria, forgetting that the same displays of wealth known to draw in women of easy virtue also attract kidnappers and highwaymen like honey does a swarm of killer bees.

Personally I tool around in a seriously modified but VERY UGLY 30-year old car when in Nigeria, however, those plain looks and faded paint job hide a ridiculously powerful, highly-tuned V8 engine that has enabled me to leave much newer cars driven by banditos in the dust on several memorable occasions.

Lmao
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by acidtalk: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2012
That man should be queried for uttering such insane words.

If the government cannot provide adequate security for its citizens then it is a big shame.

A man gets his money in a legit way and yet he is scared to spend it. Another one gets his money looting what belongs to the populace and then employs the services of armed mobile police men for protection and this same citizen will hail him and shout his praises when he is passing by.

Nigeria is really pathetic.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by cantell(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2012
Gbawe:

Their goons will soon show up here to blame Tinubu, Fashola, Fayemi and Aregbesola for this.
Everything is not about the south west or their leaders. Whats wrong with you people?
You're no better than those guys you call goons.
Re: Obodo Kidnap…delta FA Accuses Him Of Showing Off by Gbawe: 5:29pm On Jun 10, 2012
cantell:
Everything is not about the south west or their leaders. Whats wrong with you people?
You're no better than those guys you call goons.

Tell that to those who have made it so on NL. If this thread concerned a State in the SW, it would be 10 pages long with most comment being unsavoury ones and derogatory spam coming from those who should actually be speaking here since they are from Delta and the SS.

(1) (Reply)

Favourite Sport???!!! / 8 Month Pregnant Runner Completes 800m At U.S. Championships [PHOTOS] / Chelsea Fan About To Commit Suicide... Please Save His Life! (hilarious Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.