Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine (1328 Views)

Femi Aribasala On Trinity Doctrine / Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? / The Trinity Doctrine Revisited: Is Jesus=God=Holyspirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 7:54am On Jun 10, 2012
This is what trinitarians believe in....

""The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus
emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can
simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it
defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully
man at all times, without division, without
separation""

And so many say when Jesus said ""the Father is greater than I am"". Or when he said he don't know when d end will come,only the Father knows,that its because he emptied his Godhood or divinity up there in d heavens b4 coming to d earth...

But The trinity dogma,tells us that Jesus was fully God and fully man @ all times,and trinitarians can kill to always agree with this..........

Now the question is::::::::
don't these 2 doctrines contradict each other??

If Jesus emptied his divinity in heaven since he is almighty God how come do many still believe he was still fully God and fully man when on earth

But when its time to agree with d fact that Yahweh is greater than Jesus they claim Jesus left his memory and divinity in d heavens,so as not to know that Yahweh has been greater than him all d time......

So it is either trinitarians choose d trinity dogma or d kenotic doctrine....

The 2 can't be merged..

Goodmorning every1
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by Goshen360(m): 2:52pm On Jun 10, 2012
My brother,

It's NOT the doctrine of Trinity that has problem. Trust me when I tell you something. I am NOT claiming to "know" ALL but one thing I do. Before I swallow any teaching, I check very well. Trinity is a bible doctrine (from Genesis to revelation) BUT the way "many or some" people explain it makes it complicated and difficult to understand. If Jesus emptied himself of divinity and left the memory in heaven, how come he told the Jews who don't believed him but hold on to the believe of their father Abraham that, "before Abraham was, I am". In this text, he remembered his divinity. We can pull out many scriptures to refute that teachings.

However, Trinity is NOT a man-made doctrine, It is BIBLE doctrine. The way we explain it differs though. Also, many of us simple don't know the principles of BIBLE INTERPRETATION. When you interpret the bible, you don't "spiritualize" the TEXT. You can spiritualize the TEXT when you apply the TEXT to your life. It is because people spiritualize the TEXT is the reason for many confusion and distortions of ONE bible. Imagine we have ONE bible and people say MANY things on/from one bible. We can prove Trinity since the bible says prove "ALL" things and hold fast to that which is good but our explanation must be made simple. I believe in "Trinity". Jesus is God. The Father is God. Holy Spirit is God. They are ONE as Unity, NOT as Entity and distinct from the other, not the SAME (ONE) splited into THREE. Jesus as God is NOT the same as the Father and the Father is NOT Jesus and the Holy Spirit is NOT Jesus neither the Father.

2 Likes

Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by 5solas(m): 6:11pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid: This is what trinitarians believe in....

""The Kenotic Doctrine claims that Jesus
emptied himself of his deity. Well, you can
simply read in the Chalcedon Creed that it
defines Jesus’ nature as fully God and fully
man at all times, without division, without
separation""

And so many say when Jesus said ""the Father is greater than I am"". Or when he said he don't know when d end will come,only the Father knows,that its because he emptied his Godhood or divinity up there in d heavens b4 coming to d earth...

But The trinity dogma,tells us that Jesus was fully God and fully man @ all times,and trinitarians can kill to always agree with this..........

Now the question is::::::::
don't these 2 doctrines contradict each other??

If Jesus emptied his divinity in heaven since he is almighty God how come do many still believe he was still fully God and fully man when on earth

But when its time to agree with d fact that Yahweh is greater than Jesus they claim Jesus left his memory and divinity in d heavens,so as not to know that Yahweh has been greater than him all d time......

So it is either trinitarians choose d trinity dogma or d kenotic doctrine....

The 2 can't be merged..

Goodmorning every1

Where do you place Jesus and the Holy Spirit, are they divine?
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 9:31pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360: My brother,

It's NOT the doctrine of Trinity that has problem. Trust me when I tell you something. I am NOT claiming to "know" ALL but one thing I do. Before I swallow any teaching, I check very well. Trinity is a bible doctrine (from Genesis to revelation) BUT the way "many or some" people explain it makes it complicated and difficult to understand. If Jesus emptied himself of divinity and left the memory in heaven, how come he told the Jews who don't believed him but hold on to the believe of their father Abraham that, "before Abraham was, I am". In this text, he remembered his divinity. We can pull out many scriptures to refute that teachings.

However, Trinity is NOT a man-made doctrine, It is BIBLE doctrine. The way we explain it differs though. Also, many of us simple don't know the principles of BIBLE INTERPRETATION. When you interpret the bible, you don't "spiritualize" the TEXT. You can spiritualize the TEXT when you apply the TEXT to your life. It is because people spiritualize the TEXT is the reason for many confusion and distortions of ONE bible. Imagine we have ONE bible and people say MANY things on/from one bible. We can prove Trinity since the bible says prove "ALL" things and hold fast to that which is good but our explanation must be made simple. I believe in "Trinity". Jesus is God. The Father is God. Holy Spirit is God. They are ONE as Unity, NOT as Entity and distinct from the other, not the SAME (ONE) splited into THREE. Jesus as God is NOT the same as the Father and the Father is NOT Jesus and the Holy Spirit is NOT Jesus neither the Father.

Goshen my brethren u seem to be @ d middle....

Ya mates both believe in modalism and d trinity combined together...

Ur colleagues in d other post said that d reason why Jesus said the ""Father is greater than I am"" and when he said"" only the Father knows when d end will come"" that he said those things becos he was human...

But those same persons still claim Jesus was fully God and human when on earth......

Its absurd how they try to combine contradictory doctrines....

Like u said in d other page,if Jesus was God on earth then he couldn't have died...God does nt die,,,,....but d trinity dogma fosters that idea....

U seem to have a soft pedal on this doctrine.....

Ur mates dnt even believe Jesus and Yahweh are different persons....

That's d problem I've been having with them

So my question still remains.....

Which do many choose....

The kenotic dogma or d council of niceas doctrine??

Its either 1 or the other
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by DeepSight(m): 9:42pm On Jun 11, 2012
There is only a choice between goat-like foolishness and reality.
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 9:49pm On Jun 11, 2012
5solas:

Where do you place Jesus and the Holy Spirit, are they divine?

What does divine mean??

Let's check it up from d dictionary....

Would u join me

I agree Jesus is divine......

These are d definitions of DIVINE;;:::

Godlike,perfect,Godly,superhuman,supernatural,spiritual,sanctified,magnificent,immaculate,sÀcred,deÍstic....

So I believe Jesus is divine...

But what I would never bÉlieve in even if a gun is put to my head is that Jesus is Yahweh......

Never will believe that Jesus is equal to his
Father
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 9:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:
There is only a choice between goat-like foolishness and reality.

Abeg explain....lol
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by buzugee(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2012
which one be kenotic doctrine again ? grin grin grin grin grin na wa oooo
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
buzugee: which one be kenotic doctrine again ? grin grin grin grin grin na wa oooo

Oboy na so I see am o....

I explain am for d post....lol

Trinity wahala no be here o...

The confusion wey e don aggravate na big wahala.........lol

Na him make I dey ask this question...
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by Goshen360(m): 3:01am On Jun 12, 2012
^
So if you ask me, na who I go ask?

Abeg leave matter for Mathias,lolz. We know in part and we understand in part. I have taken side with you on this Trinity matter IF only your believe is that, Jesus is NOT Yahweh. This is very clear from the scriptures. Yahweh is God, Jesus is God and Holy Spirit is God but they are distinct and that is even the more reason we have 3 persons in Trinity. This is very simple, If Jesus is same Yahweh, then we will NOT have Trinity, we should be talking about Twonity. That is what I believe the saying of Jesus is Yahweh will interpret.
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2012
Goshen360: ^
So if you ask me, na who I go ask?

Abeg leave matter for Mathias,lolz. We know in part and we understand in part. I have taken side with you on this Trinity matter IF only your believe is that, Jesus is NOT Yahweh. This is very clear from the scriptures. Yahweh is God, Jesus is God and Holy Spirit is God but they are distinct and that is even the more reason we have 3 persons in Trinity. This is very simple, If Jesus is same Yahweh, then we will NOT have Trinity, we should be talking about Twonity. That is what I believe the saying of Jesus is Yahweh will interpret.

Those who belive Yahweh is Jesus and Jesus is Yahweh are modalist...........

U knw d modalism dogma existed before d trinity dogma....

In trying to run away from modalism guys like tertullian landed mÀny persons into trinity..
Another wahala on its own that is still being probed and disapproved...lol

If u agree that Yahweh is a totally different entity from Jesus his son then that is enough for me..........

But have u read about that doctrine??

KENOTIC doctrine??

Do a lil research on it.........
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by ijawkid(m): 7:50am On Jun 12, 2012
Goshen....

Do u use a bb??

We culd have a good one on one chat...

I'll like that bro..
Re: Kenotic Doctrine Vs Trinity Doctrine by Goshen360(m): 1:24pm On Jun 12, 2012
^
Ijawkid, I don't use bb o. Na htc me dey deal with here. Anyway, you can hit me on yahoo msger so we can chat. Same id on Nairaland on yahoo, goshen360@yahoo.co.uk.

(1) (Reply)

The Book Of Life / . / How To Overcome The Beast And Its Mark-666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.