Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

MY Bum Bum - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / MY Bum Bum (703 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

MY Bum Bum by samobaba(m): 9:56am On Jun 10, 2012
I was doing some studies on life and appreciating the people around us when I stumble on this and I decide to share with us the way the writer puts it in her own words, please do enjoy. I am surrounded by men – one big guy (my hubby), and two little guys (our boys, aged 5 and 3) .

Being the naturally inquisitive children that God created our boys to be lol, they are always asking questions about why many things are a certain way, and wanting to know and understand moresmiley. We try our best to answer their questions, and teach them what they need to know… but when my 3yr old started asking to see some things I knew he could not see…Eg asking me with the most bewildered look on his face — “How do you pee, Mummy? Can I see your bum-bum?” I knew I had to draw the line somewhere! lol!

I am built differently from you, I explained to him. And don’t worry, I can still pee comfortably, even though I’m different. But sorry, you can’t see my bum because it’s private. Ok? “Ok Mummy”, he replied. But the next time he used the potty and I went in to wipe his bum, he asked – “Is my bum-bum private too Mummy?” Yes sweetie, I replied. “So how come you can look at my bum-bum if it’s private?” Oh boy…lol.

I explained to him that grownups’ bum-bums are private . But for kids, it’s a little different. Yes, your bum is private, I told him. But it’s ok for family members to see your bum-bum sometimes, like when they are helping you clean up or dress up.
“Ooh, I get it!” he said excitedly. He then started listing all the people who could see his bum and those who could not: “Daddy can see it. Mummy can see it. Grandma can see it….” and I’d reply with a nod and a little Hmm-hmm as he chatted and giggled away.

And then all of a sudden, his tone changed – it suddenly hit him. He tried looking at his own behind and of course, no matter how hard he tried, he found it impossible to see his own bum-bum.

“Oh no Mummy! I can’t see my bum-bum”!!!

You can just imagine how hard I laughed that day. Yep, we can see other people’s bum-bums very clearly but we can’t see ours!smiley!. And the people closest to us, our loved ones, can see our bums. But we can’t really see ours… except we use a mirror .

What this incident immediately brought to mind was this reminder – Ok I live my life, praying and trusting to grow and become a much better person everyday – with God’s help and by His grace. But I too, have a bum, and I can’t see it except I use a mirror! The ultimate mirror to me is my relationship with God, studying the scriptures, communicating with God regularly, learning, un-learning, re-learning…

There are certain things I would be completely and totally unaware of, that I would not really be able to see, if I had not activated my relationship with God, and taken the time to study His word and get to know Him better every day (it’s certainly an ongoing processsmiley!). And I firmly believe that the people God has placed in our lives, particularly the ones closest to us – also serve as mirrors, to help see our “bums” when we are so often unable to see (or smell )!

So I am reminded to embrace and be thankful for the “mirrors” in my life, my friends and loved ones that will take the time to lovingly bring it to my attention if I am releasing some not-so-pretty gases from my bum – even though a loving correction might sometimes be a little hard to swallow . I am reminded of how blessed we are to have God as our father and as our ultimate mirror, and how blessed we are for all the wonderful people He has placed, and continues to place, in our lives. You know, especially those ones who continue to love us so wholeheartedly even after they’ve seen and smelled a whole LOT!smiley!
Re: MY Bum Bum by ITbomb(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2012
You have made my day with this captivating piece.
The opening got me glued

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Teaching On Hell / A Fish Did Not Write This Essay / Him Alone Is Worthy So Let Us Give Him All D Adoration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.