Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigerian Corpers Detained In Cameroun. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nigerian Corpers Detained In Cameroun. (1042 Views)

Corper/INEC adhoc staff detained in owerri with his uniform / Seven Corpers Detained In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Corpers Detained In Cameroun. by kilokeys(m): 6:37am On Jun 11, 2012
Hmm. That was me and my friend . 8th of feb. Batch A. Now ex-corpers sha.. So i can tell my story. It tops the list of any f**kin adventure i hv evr had.
We crossed d border of abong, taraba state into abongshile,cameroun by canoe at 30naira.
We just wanted fun . Changed d little cash we had. With 10,000 francs we went all d way into ako, cameroun. Terribly narrow routes (french colonialism). When we got to a checkpoint we were asked for our pasava (pass) but since it was a border market day it was free entry day. Our achaba (bike) man went to bribe the Jandamarines at the checkpoint. We were just taking pictures with our new E5 when dis hefty and built jandamarines (thier stern looking military) came to whisk us away into smelly cells. We were stripped of our shoes,belt. Mehn! Sm scary sh*t!
They accused us of espoinage, saying we were spies sent by boko haram to survey cameroun because of the pics we were taking. I didnt know it was a military base, what d heck! The signs were written in french. We were read the penal code. Sentencing us to death, in time of war. But since nigeria is at peace with cameroun ,10 yrs imprisonement was a fair sentence. See begging . O boi no be here o. it took three kings ,letters of identification, nigerian immigration officers and indegenes of cameroun working in nigeria ( teaching at my ppa) to let us off the hook we fled the next day, cos we were asked to be brought to the HQ in douala for questioning. Imagine the headline news. we paid heavily anyway. I remember kissing nigerian soil when we crossed the cameroun river into nigeria. With our nysc vest dem still lock us o.. Nysc is only recognised in naija o! I thank God nysc didnt get d info, though they heard rumours, everybody just mellow. Cos i wld hv been penalised for leaving the state , and for leaving the country too. what doesnt kill a man makes him stronger.. At least i can laugh over it now.
Re: Nigerian Corpers Detained In Cameroun. by 27naira(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2012
grin grin grin

Can you try crossing the border to Niger? i heard its fun too! grin grin This time, use video camera. tongue

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Corpers Detained In Cameroun. by kilokeys(m): 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2012
O boi that one go b sara.. But it wasnt funny o.. I m nt planning any illegal immigration ever again. Nt in this lifetime

(1) (Reply)

Lost But Found Nysc Certificate / Batch C 2014 / Lessons Learnt During My NYSC Service Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.