Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees (10981 Views)

Occupy NASS : Hypocrisy Or Genuine Nat­ional Assignment? (photo) / How Sura Shopping Plaza Shop Owners Fill Their Water Tanks. (photos) / Jonathan’s Rally: Soldiers Occupy Rivers Amiesimaka Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
marvel10:
Then again, if they use the parking for shops, they would make a lot more money....

In which case the mall would be 'pedestrians only', since customers and shop-owners alike would have nowhere to park their cars.
Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by yommyuk: 1:13am On Jun 13, 2012
djustice:

God punish your generations for coming here to lie in order to justify extortion by evil people. May the evil they continue to perpetrate consume you and yours for ever. Eeeediiiioooottttt.

We park free at most malls in the US, except city centre malls. Ikeja mall is not a city centre mall. After tricking the tenants into paying huge rents, you now chase away their customers by charging crazy parking fees. God will punish Bola Tinubu and ALL his supporters in the hottest part of a living hell.

An undeserving curse shall have no effect on me IJMN - Amen. But to u who utter an undeserving curse, I decree back to sender on you IJMN - Amen.
GET LOST DJUSTICE!!!!

Some valid reasons for charging parking fees can be to introduce a controlled parking system that will prevent abuse of the parking facility by non shoppers and to reduce car park congestion and ease shopper’s frustration.
Maybe a voucher system can be created for actual shoppers with time limit inclusive. But the bottom-line is investors aim for a payback. So it is a matter of choice.
Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by Imokay: 11:38am On Jun 13, 2012
As much as i wish the shop owners success,simple boycott will solve it o,and the future of the(Ikeja Shopping Mall) ISM will be like Agbowo Shopping Complex grin . I was there on June 3rd, a Sunday and realized the extortion ,I quickly ran in, grabbed what i came for and moved.Come to think of it, where were all the shoppers going before ISM? Please, people should go back there and let the place be empty afterall its not like what we buy there is that cheap anyway, so what? . so SSSEEERRRVVVVTTTEEEEKKKKK can bring their family to park and pay. Abu money to Abu.
Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 13, 2012
The fee is unrealistic. This development is guaranteed to kill business for outfits like Bheerhugz, TFC etc. How can I relax & drink beer or eat when I know Ojuyobo is siphoning my pocket at the rate of 300 bucks per hour grin

Nigeria is just a vision of hell where anything goes
Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by zainabubu(f): 10:54pm On Mar 05, 2013
In order to avoid random folks parking their vehicle and going else where, a payment system should be enforced. Provided that those who make purchases at the mall get their tickets validated. This way, it's a win-win for all involved.
By getting tickets validated, those that are actual mall customers don't have to pay for parking. It would force window shoppers that may have spent too much time at the mall to buy something.
In cases where the customer forgets to validate parking ticket, the parking attendant should allow those with valid payment receipts go out without paying.
I've never been to the mall, but plan to in a few days...so I don't know how the parking system is now.
Re: Occupy Ikeja City Mall- Shop Owners Shut Due To Parking Fees by teskyg: 7:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Tinubu and Fashola need more money for APC.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Elders To Elite: Rescue Nigeria From Failed Leaders / Joe Igbokwe Denies Being Attacked In Lagos / Keyamo: APC Will Win 2023 Presidency Irrespective Of The Zone It Picks Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.