Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? (1895 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death / “why We Did Not Kill Obasanjo” – Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by feelgood(m): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2007
I'm not an IBB fan - but has anyone stopped to think that it is very possible he had no hand in it?
I've always believed he is innocent of the crime.
Isn't it possible he was killed by folks who were afraid he would expose them to the then NSO after failing 2 get his support in a plan to eliminate IBB?
This is no conspiracy theory pls - just some info I've had a week or two after Giwa's assassination
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Afam(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2007
So a journalist (Late Dele Giwa) needed to approve of a plan to eliminate IBB before such a plan could move forward?

I don't know if you heard about the man that built the letter bomb (died a couple of years ago) who claimed he was asked to develop the bomb by the presidency but he never knew what it was going to be used for.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by feelgood(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2007
No I did not hear about the man. Who was he? My info was given me by a one time neighbor - who later became a state guv from 1999-2007 - who claimed he was one of the planners. We were young then & unmarried. I also recall then that soldiers used to come to see him in the night; we shared a twin duplex then & in the same compound with just one gate. Perhaps I should hear you out rather than share my info - only I had thought there could be another angle to this who killed Giwa stuff. Oh well, I suppose the question continues:
WHO KILLED DELE GIWA?
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Afam(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2007
Can't recall the man's name now (will make it available once I remember it), he died about 3 or 4 years ago, was trained in Germany and was involved in bomb making during them war, from Enugu state.

Now, not meaning to disrespect your neighbor that later became a governor, anyone can claim anything, after all someone came out and claimed that he was the James Onanefe Ibori that was jailed for stealing in the Ibori saga.

NB: Bear in mind that information available to me is already in the public domain as I do not have any privileged information like you so I cannot categorically say YES or NO to the culpability of anyone in the murder of Dele Giwa.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by feelgood(m): 10:11am On Nov 24, 2007
After reading your post, I googled dele giwa and came across a write up titled DELE GIWA: The silent fact by Max Gbanite up at this link
http://www.kwenu.com/publications/max/giwa_fact.htm
Now is it not possible that IBB may just be innocent? Are we not using our prejudices to becloud our reasoning? Or perhaps IBB fits our idea of who killed dele giwa even where no evidence has been found linking him?
After reading that article, it brings to the fore again, the info that my neighbor shared with me many years ago. For now, I'll keep restraining myself from divulging the details.
Did IBB really kill Dele Giwa? Is there
any impassioned contributor to this passionate matter out there?
(BTW - the neighbor became a guv in one of the south eastern states)
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Afam(m): 11:16am On Nov 24, 2007
The article is interesting and I think the author is right in asking for close associates and friends of Dele Giwa to be interrogated.

Another interesting part is the Kayode man that witnessed a bomb explosion and was not seriously injured.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2007
@feelgood please be careful how you incriminate your self with the words that are comming out of your mouth. This is a public forum. you might be found and summon to give evidence on this your so called neighbour. this issue is sensitive and still very much alive.

if you need information into the death of DELE GIWA. do your homework and look up people like GLORIA OKON, COL TOGUN. OYAKHILOMEN
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 3:29pm On Nov 24, 2007
this is a nice script from this article

"Some people in their mischief had pointed out to Kayode Soyinka as being privy to the whole sordid mess. They wonder how he could be in that room and yet escape unhurt."

Ray Ekpu replied; " I don't believe that story. I think they're just trying to malign the young man for nothing. They're just trying to find a scapegoat, to draw wool over people's eyes and they must not be allowed to succeed. Why must someone who knows that a bomb is going to explode in a room stay there? You would have to be insane to do that because there is no way you can determine how far the bomb would go. And Kayode was in the room when the bomb exploded. He was felled by the bomb's impact and was treated here for perforated ear and after a month he went back to England where he was also treated."
Ray Ekpu further described how the bomb exploded; "Like you saw, yourself, the parcel bomb that was suspected to have killed Giwa blew off a whole cement wall, bent metal rods on the windowpane and reduced his typewriter to scrap. If the bomb was actually on his lap, how come it didn't blow him to pieces? How come his hands were said to hold the bomb on his lap didn't go apart rather the bomb battered his lap? An exploding bomb is a centrifugal force, isn't it? How come it acted selectively, downwards, to get the lap rather than in all directions to get the rest of the body? Well I wouldn't know. I wouldn't know the intricacies of er…"
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by BigB11(m): 5:38pm On Nov 24, 2007
Yes, IBB made few mistakes just like any of us; but folks, this guy is not even close to what people have made him out to be.
If you understand military protocol and leadership, then you will understand why this man has never come out to defend himself against all these artificial allegations.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Bankole01(m): 6:00pm On Nov 24, 2007
Big B1:

Yes, IBB made few mistakes just like any of us; but folks, this guy is not even close to what people have made him out to be.
If you understand military protocol and leadership, then you will understand why this man has never come out to defend himself against all these artificial allegations.

Artificial allegations?
What in the world does that mean?

Lets face it, the man is superficial and vain.
Military protocol? man this is hogwash!
The man is not defending himself because he knows the allegations are true and he is guilty.

Umaru Dikko is another of Nigeria's super thieves. He has been accused, never for one day came out to defend himself.
So has many named thieves, in and out of the military. It has nothing to do with military but a lot to do with legalities.

Lawyers will advise you not to say anything to interrogators. When the police are about to arrest someone, they advice you that you have a right not to say anything.
Do you know why lawyers and police give this advice?
Because whatever you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law!

So you see my friend, it has nothing to do with military protocol.

The man is a guilty as sin. Probably running neck and neck with Satan himself. Obasanjo can't be far off either!
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by feelgood(m): 10:58pm On Nov 24, 2007
The issue remains:
Did IBB kill Dele Giwa?Simplicita.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 11:56pm On Nov 24, 2007
Big B1:

I can not Blvd you just said that BIGB1. I should come find you and pure gasoline on your for such a stupid remark. what do you take Nigerians for?

When Ehindero was accused of stealing the 21 million police fund, you are one of the people that said he should come out and defend himself. he did and was exonerated. why will the toothless general not come out if their is no stinking fish in his closet?

IBB is as guilty of this crime, and all the evidence point to PRESIDENCY. MARIAM BABANGIDA DRUG peddling days.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Danmasani(m): 4:17am On Nov 25, 2007
Mamajama:

I can not Blvd you just said that BIGB1. I should come find you and pure gasoline on your for such a stupid remark. what do you take Nigerians for?

When Ehindero was accused of stealing the 21 million police fund, you are one of the people that said he should come out and defend himself. he did and was exonerated. why will the toothless general not come out if their is no stinking fish in his closet?

IBB is as guilty of this crime, and all the evidence point to PRESIDENCY. MARIAM BABANGIDA DRUG peddling days.

Lol. Wow. Mamajama! Did you not just tell someone to mind what he writes on a public forum like this. what is all this threat of gasoline!

Mamajama:

@feelgood please be careful how you incriminate your self with the words that are comming out of your mouth. This is a public forum. you might be found and summon to give evidence on this your so called neighbour. this issue is sensitive and still very much alive.

if you need information into the death of DELE GIWA. do your homework and look up people like GLORIA OKON, COL TOGUN. OYAKHILOMEN
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by iykrion(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2007
Mamajama:

You will never cease to amaze me with your holier-than-thou posture of Ehindero. You have been very evasive with respect to my question about what happened to the welfare packages of the Nigeria police contingent that went for the UN peace keeping in some African countries.

Please tell us why Ehindero should parade a masked man as a prime witness to the murder of Bola Ige? The man-in-the-hood claimed that he heard Alh. Moshood Enifeni boasting that he (Enifeni) killed Uncle Bola.

Alh. Enifeni who's serving a jail term for a drug offence has since been cleared of complicity in the murder case, by Sir Mike Mbama Okiro, a smart and intelligent I.G - unlike Ehindero who's a dumbass and corrupt cretin.

I know that you are suffering from delusions of grandeur, but at least you should realise that those who live in glass houses must not throw stones, if they want to avoid some damages.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 2:52am On Nov 29, 2007
all the evidence point to one man and one man only IBB the murderer of VATSA a close friend,

Imagine a cold blooded killer that hung his best friend, he will feed you or any body that gets in his way to lion
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 3:20am On Nov 29, 2007
IBB before he stepped aside commissioned a biography of himself written by one of the millions of psychophants milling around him in Aso Rock. That book most unfortunately was titled For Their Tomorrow, we gave our today—The irony of this book tells it all. IBB stole the tomorrow of Nigerians yet unborn. I am yet to see what IBB sacrificed for the wellfare of future generations of Nigerians.
Today, many Nigerians are refugees leading lives of comfortable slavery in Europe, America and all over the world, simply because men like IBB and Abacha ruled Nigeria. I challenge all the inglorious idiots campaigning for this desecrated piece of humanity, to state one credible institution that IBB established which still functions and was not tainted by corruption under him. Under IBB education became bastardized as students learnt to spent one month in school and nine months on strike.

Agriculture despite DFRRI was just a lip service paid to embezzlement. The Air Commodores that manned that ministry were equally parts of the basket case that was the IBB government. What was IBB’s achievement while at the helm of affairs in Nigeria? Nothing positive. Infact, the single most destructive experience that Nigeria of the 20th century had was to have been ruled by IBB and Abacha. Yet some mentally challenged folks are clamouring for his comeback. What was his level of education to warrant him to rule Nigeria? IBB was nothing but an Agbero from the barracks, who only knew how to plot coups, betray friends and deal decisively with opposition. His allergic to intellectuals and their contributions was the only thing that culminated in the murder of General Maman Vatsa; the Soldier poet and one of the most beautiful minds to don the uniform of the Nigerian Army Officers corp.

1 Like

Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by BigB11(m): 3:36am On Nov 29, 2007
Trouble don land, MAMAJAMA has finally hired an essay writer.

My question is : What is your main goal?
Because Big B1 remains incompressible and focused as ever, hence please, bring it on!
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 3:40am On Nov 29, 2007
dude im am just sharing the truth about yor father. The information is out there for people to see. Now what do you have to say to this?

Ibrahim Babangida bears in his person all those crooked attributes of a terrible leader. In an ambient where honour, justice, truth, ethics and all that is good, true and beautiful reigns, this man will forever be buried in shame and irrelevance due to his avid propensity to steal and strip his country naked of all her resources. If IBB is not a common thief, he should rise up in the courts of public opinion and tell the world the source of his stupendous loot, with which he is ready to buy up the ethically compromised individuals that are presently drumming up a wooden apology of a campaign to re-hoist him on the hapless Nigerians
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 3:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
IBB was a terrible liar. And liars have never made good leaders. In civilized societies liars are mourned with derision. Richard Nixon went down in history as the first American President to resign because he wanted to gain an undue advantage over his opponents, and he lied in the process.

Today, the name Nixon in American politics or social life reeks with maladrous stench of doublespeak. Though he mustered enough honour to resign the office, which his crookedness dishonoured. In Spain in 2004, the electorate threw out the government of Aznar because he lied to them in relation to the terrorist attacks that ripped that country asunder on March 11th 2004. But IBB lied to Nigerians from the first day he shot his way to power until the day he was forced out of it. He lied to Nigerians about the $12.4 billion Dollars 1st Gulf war oil windfall, which he stole.

He lied to Nigerians about an unending transition which gulped over 40 Billion naira, and which he so carefully orchestrated to hand over power to the butcher that was his hatchet man; namely Abacha. He lied to Nigerians about the IMF loan, which after organizing a charade of a debate, he went on to please his IMF masters and took the loan which Nigerians never wanted and which I am positive ended up in his numbered account somewhere in one of these tax havens in Europe or the Carribean.

He lied to Nigerians about the Peoples Bank, which was a bait to bridle Tai Solarin; one of his harshest critic. He co-opted his wife in this stealing spree. He never accounted to anyone the source of funding of Better Life for Rural Women, championed by his wife, which was another front for the frittering away and stealing of our resources while hapless old women from the villages were rented to sing the praises of stealing family concern headed by IBB.

NICELY said
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by maxsiollun: 2:09am On Nov 30, 2007
There was an attempt to prosecute two of IBB's military intelligence officers (Tunde Togun and Halilu Akilu) for Giwa's murder.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 5:00pm On Nov 30, 2007
Attempt right. which IBB went to court and stopped
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by idupaul: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2007
God IS GREAT,
The whole speculation about who killed Dele Giwa will be put to rest today after this posting, For long we have looked in the wrong direction for the gentlemans killers, sorry to kill 20yr of speculation :IBB did nt have a hand in Giwas death, the whole story was that IBB was involved in smuggling grams of cocaine thru one lady and dele giwa wanted to blow the lid open so mr C in C ibb put out a hit on him, ask ur selves this question,

1 Y will the C in C of a corrupt nation like nigera sell drugs (was it for money or mr Ibb derived fun in just trying to beat airport security with drugs).

2)Miss gloria okon was a small time courier, y will the C in C want to share drugs profit with her wen the govt coffers had mo than 2 billion dollars he could steal and nobody will bat an eye lid).

Look at the facts mr Ibb did nt have any motive to kill Mr Giwa at all,

THE SUSPECTS:
Now let me take u back to the power play in newswatch magasine in the early 80s and lot we did not know about.

Giwa was a man alot of news watch folks hated with a passion, they hated his arrogance ,his rudeness and his charismatic capacity to dwarf their presence, They all complained behind about Mr Giwa propensity to over ride them, Before the Giwas death News watch was already embroiled in a shadow war for ownership of the then young firm, Some people even complained of his lavish lifestyle and hw it was running the company down(giwa had a sweet tooth for sturgeon caviars and roes),

Dele death mite have come from within the news watch magazines, Speculation or nt dont ask me, shine ur eyes.
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Mamajama(m): 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2007
Totally useless and nonsense. WAS IBB a president or a head of state before Gloria OKON was arrested?

DUDE do your home work before you start talking to us please. GLORIA OKON was arrested during IDIAGBON/BUHARI regime.

What access do IBB had to Billions before he became president?
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by Pain(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2007
How Many of U Know the Late Col. Chris Oche. He Was Executed in the Vatsa Coup. He Was A Military Intel Officer. He Is The Only One That Can Categorically Tell U Everything About IBB's Covert deals etc. The Problem is that he is No More.

At least U Now Know Where the Details Lie. Okay? One Day this Pain Shall Make Even
Re: What If Ibb Did Not Kill Dele Giwa? by chidichris(m): 11:13pm On Dec 10, 2007
in all, Ibb is the key. he may be involved directly or indirectly.
if under president babangida, such an important journalist could die without a trace of the killers, aso rock will have a lot explanations to make.
if ibb did not send tghe killers, why didn't he send police to fetch the killers.
the story is the same for bola ige so it is it one (1) point per side. 1 point for the military baba and 1 point for the civilian baba.
they have what it takes at their disposals but for their personal reasons nothing was done.
even the civilian baba and his police chief keep on flashing people as killers.

(1) (Reply)

We Can’t Run Away From Sovereign National Conference –Umeh / Bomb Blast At EMAB Plaza In Abuja? / A Must Read. Is This The True Character Of Gen Mohammedu Buhari ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.