Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom (12695 Views)

Do You Know This Classic Nigerian Sitcom? / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) / 'Jaguar': Old Nigerian Sitcom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Seun(m): 9:56am On Nov 24, 2007
Now shown at 10pm on Friday evenings, on STV, after the news. (Formerly 8pm on Sunday)
Also shown at 8:30pm on Sunday Evenings, on Galaxy TV.

Here's a recap of the last episode, as shared by an acquaintance via the Internet:
one of the girls came home with a mag, their was dating column on it, so emeabo and then tall guy got into argument on which they like pass, the eldeest sister came up with the idea of fixing date for them with those babes on the mag, they voted and the tall guy wn the vote

sorry, rigged the vote. So they called one of the girls and dressed the tall guy well, at the noise of excitement, the parents suspected they were up to something

they were lined up and when asked what was going on, because the tall guy was dressed in blazers suit and polished shoe in preparation to meet his date,
he lied that the guys were arguing if he can sweat or not, he wore the suit and even jugged and pressed up to prove to them he cannot sweat

one of the girls asked their parents to go and relax if they were tired
the father said ok, but their mother suspected a fowl play, she insisted in knowing what was going on but general talked her off
the tall guy ws dressed like a celebrity by the girls, then the door bell rang
heh.
who was at the door?
An ugly tall fat girl, x3 his age

when the girl said she was looking for him, he was dunb founded (u can imagine his funny expression, looking back at the girls who were to see what was at the door)
hehe. very nice.
then, he pointed emeabo as him,

before emeabo could protest, the blind date had already bounced on him leaking him with kissess and calling him sweetnames

u needed to see emeabo, his face was as if he would cry

the girls stood hypnotised for many seconds, then they sneaked out with excuses one after the other
The guy dissapeard
Emeabo was left alone with the giant
who was already romancing him, he couldn't talk, just wishing the ground will open

after the scene
the eldest girl was in the sitting reading, emeabo approached her stammering that what they did to him was not fair
that he won the vote earlier, they rigged it in the favor of the tall guy, when the vote backfired, they then dumped the giant on him,

the girl replied "Then why didn;t u tell the girl that u were not 'the tall guy' why didn't u talk?"
she then promised to fix him another date
this time, it was a very beautiful slim black girl
but something bad happened. She showed up, but,
the parents were on their way out, when the girl told them she had a blind date with emeabor, they turned back

back in the sitting room, Emeabor was with the girl, while general and his wife were their watching them, the girl was bold, touching emeabor
when she asked him question, emeabor will look at general who shouts back at him to answer the question
my guy wan die, infact, i think i saw tears

Then, General and his wife decided to leave them alone, when they stood to go, the Giant,
bursted in, she said Hi and landed on emeabor

when she noticed the beautiful black girl, she picked up a fight that Emeabor is already cheating on her
she called the other girl who fought back names,

General and his wife with the other girl u were pipping by the door wre shocked and confused

The giant asked the other girl to leave her in-laws house, calling her Husband snatcher

Emeabor amost killed himslef, General exclaimed "inlaw"

serious fight ensued and the two women landed on emeabor

end of that scene
It was jugment time.

when asked what happend, the Tall guy lied from here to Kano
oh! my God, u needed watch him display his lieing talent, i wsa rolling with lafta
In conclusion, they were all linked including their neighbour daughter, trust general
he belted their buttocks starting from the smart liar
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by sect(m): 10:18am On Nov 24, 2007
That sitcom is the funniest so far on Nigerian tv,bovi is a mad clown,i think the guy should start stand up comedy business.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by lakeside4love(m): 11:02am On Nov 24, 2007
Yes it is the funniest in the country.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by upchair(m): 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2007
@sect

You are very right. Infact that was a what i was thinking of last night when I watched that episode. He will make a good stand up comedian. The guy is a real nuisance. He is very good. He got into the right profession. If you look at him at close up, facially he looks a bit like one of Channel O's presenter's Oboma.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Seun(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2007
I feel so sorry that I'm yet t watch any complete episode of the show. Maybe next week, I guess.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by upchair(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ Seun

You should try and watch a complete episode. You will laugh tire. May be you should set a reminder on your phone as against the next episode. You can set it like 30 mins b4 the program starts.

That is what I do when I want to watch any program on TV so I do not forget.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 25, 2007
Love the show, introduced my cousin to it, now she has taken over from me calls me to when its time for the show. Its so nice and natural no artificial comedy
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by mekoyo(m): 3:16pm On Nov 25, 2007
Funnly lol
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by kewe(f): 10:26pm On Nov 25, 2007
yeah, its really nice and worth the time spent watching.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Aladunni(f): 11:11am On Nov 26, 2007
i think that episode is one of the oldest, or they are repeating that particular one. There are some very new ones and mine, its fun to see every house member especially Omorode. He is a good choice of character for "extended family". There is this one on "bird flu", "malice between general and his wife" (last week). Keep a date and una go laff tire
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by meekas(m): 2:01pm On Nov 26, 2007
It's the funniest so far on naija TV. but the guy name na Imabong not emeabo.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by mafolayomi(f): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2007
Abeg what days of the week? from what time to what time? on what station update plsssssssssss
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by holyeye(m): 4:47pm On Nov 26, 2007
Crazy show and indeed the best and a must watch.
Thumbs up Bovi
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Aladunni(f): 5:29pm On Nov 26, 2007
mafolayomi:

Abeg what days of the week? from what time to what time? on what station update plsssssssssss

Tuesday Nights: STV: Between 9pm to 10pm. Before the news sha. You can stay glued from 8.00pm, u will definately catch it.  grin

i hope am correct ooooo, try it anyway, you wont loose
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by freelance(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2007
Very nice and interesting Sitcom grin

Cheers!
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by edgecution(m): 4:09pm On Nov 27, 2007
That Sitcom is the BEST!! those guys are 2 much. No DULL MOMENT.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by diyobdw(f): 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2007
Bovi is doing welll with that seen some and no regret
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by starlizzy(f): 5:50pm On Nov 27, 2007
big ups to BOVI, the guy is really doing a great job, more wisdom to his big head.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by buddie(m): 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2007
From the stable of www.electrical-project.com comes the all new Automatic power change-over switch.You need not leave your bed to switch between your genarating set and the PHCN source.The intelligent automatic changeover switch does the switching,if there is power failure.As soon a power is restored,the Generator cut-off and switches over to PHCN automatically and vice versa.
Sizes ranging from 1KVA generators to 1000KVA.
Give us a call with your specifiactions and we deliver providing you with after sales services as well.
01-7653061
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Geezle(m): 8:21am On Nov 28, 2007
Bovi is the producer of the sitcom, t'will be nice to see Seun act in his too.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by mariejane(f): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2007
Bovi is one guy that has got talent.I enjoy the sit. whenever i get to watch it, and that imabong guy? he real cool.Thumbs up Bovi1
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by playmate(f): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2007
dis sitcom is da bomb.its d funniest sitcom rite now i cnt imagine papa ajasco nd company being compared 2 it.gives me d shivers.
i watched dat episode nd i culdnt speak cos i was convulsed with laughter.oh my am laughin now. grin grin
bovi really deserves awards 4 writing,acting nd producin,he's really talented.really love d cast,perfect.

1 Like

Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by McDreamy: 1:22am On Dec 01, 2007
Yeah i have been following the sitcom & i must say it's damn good! & funny & natural
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by dibosa187: 7:13pm On Dec 10, 2007
Hello nairalanders,

heard MTN has agreed to divest N121 Billion equity to Nigerians. Minimum investment may be $100,000.

Calling on all financial analyst and stockmarket observers to make their inputs.

You all have a great week.

Bosah (01/8771123)
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Guchis(f): 1:07pm On Dec 11, 2007
I watched that particular episode, very funny i must say.
One of the best sitcoms so far. I hope it lasts.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by topeteadr(m): 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2007
The movie is da bomb.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Seun(m): 5:45pm On Dec 11, 2007
Can someone tell us what time the show is broadcast on various channels? I've been missing it!
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Yetunday(f): 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
pls who saw the episode that General told the kids to learn countries any their capitals?
That episode should be repeated. Freda taught Emabong and Onos the wrong thing and Emabong with pride told General that the capital of Turkey was Kentucky!lol
Thumbs up for Bovi. Do u see the guy on Who wants to be a billionaire segment on Ay show? The guy funny pass most of the comedians we have in Naija today. He should try perorming at one of these comedy shows.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Mustay(m): 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2008
I saw this stuff some days ago on TV

Can't remember the station though
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Seun(m): 10:47am On Jul 12, 2008
In the latest one, the major promised the main character 50,000 naira just to speak proper English for one day. The youngest also had to deal with a bunch of bullies who were stealing her ice cream.
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by Mustay(m): 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2008
Seun:

The youngest also had to deal with a bunch of bullies who were stealing her ice cream.

ha ha cheesy

that's the one I saw last - remember the station?

All i could remember was the time was around 7-8 undecided
Re: 'Extended Family' - Nigerian Sitcom by maryray(f): 9:13pm On Feb 15, 2009
U guyz know where I could watch it?. . . . Shegun could u share d page u got 4rm ur friend tro d internet?, or better yet download it tro youtube?

Happy Val Guyz

(1) (2) (Reply)

Names Of Actors/actress In Selina Tested / Opinion: How Comedian A.Y Should Tackle The 30 Days In Atlanta Piracy. / Power Recap: What You Should Know Ahead Of Season 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.