Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,116 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Word-4-word Account Of The Conversation Between The Crew Of The Ill-fated Plane - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Word-4-word Account Of The Conversation Between The Crew Of The Ill-fated Plane (690 Views)

Eyewitness Account Of Fulani Attack In Enugu State......(photos)...Greatiyk4u / Photo: Remembering The Victims Of Dana Air Ill Fated Plane / Agagu's Son And Other Survivors Of The Ill-fated Plane Crash. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Word-4-word Account Of The Conversation Between The Crew Of The Ill-fated Plane by scopusng(m): 8:46am On Jun 12, 2012
Co-pilot: “Lagos Tower, Dana code 0992!”

ATC: “Dana Code 0992, this is Lagos radar, go ahead!”

Co-pilot: “May Day! May Day! May Day! Dana code 0992 Five November Romeo Alpha Mike! (5N-RAM) dual engine failure!”

ATC: “Dana Code 0992, read me?”

Co-pilot: “I read you five by five! Dual engine failure! Negative response from throttle! Requesting for direct straight approach!”

ATC: “Alright, position it one mile to touch down, Runway 18R! Contact tower now on 1181!”

Co-pilot: “1181 Good day!”

Unfortunately, the crew never spoke with the control tower. The aircraft crashed into the residential building a few seconds after this discussion.

http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/dana-pilots-last-conversation-with-air-traffic-controller/
Re: Word-4-word Account Of The Conversation Between The Crew Of The Ill-fated Plane by oiseworld: 10:53am On Jun 12, 2012
who was the co pilot talking to. If the crew never got in touch with the control tower.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Subsidy Bribery Scam: Rep Farouk Lawan In Police Net. (pic) / Break Up:do You Now Believe Me That Millions Of Nigerians Will Die By Musiwa / Man To Die By Hanging Over N2,105 Robbery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.