Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,024 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 3 - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 3 (509477 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (404) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2012
ebugirl:

Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ might be lucky to get admitted but Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ av to bear in mind dat Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ will be competing 4 a space wit other "TOP" students all over the world. 3.48 cgpa aint bad though, but if the applications they get av outstanding results, it might be difficult to secure a space in the department...

That's true. And what do u suggest that I do? That's my question.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by mikky4all(m): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2012
I have a complicated issue here and I need help
asap. My sponsor (father) was using all his original
documents in another embassy as at the time my
application was due for submition so I had to make
photocopy of all the documents and then
authenticate it at an high court. So I submitted all
my documents as authenticated photocopy. Now the
original document is ready, what can I do to this
effect please. Submitted May 28, no medial call u
yet. Please I need a reply urgently. For
undergraduate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 9:07am On Jul 19, 2012
DrealGio:

That's true. And what do u suggest that I do? That's my question.

If waiting 4 sometime wuldnt make Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ loose ur admission, I will advice Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ to chill 4 a while I see what pops up from the other schools. #my thought#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 9:33am On Jul 19, 2012
ebugirl:

Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ might be lucky to get admitted but Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ av to bear in mind dat Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ will be competing 4 a space wit other "TOP" students all over the [font=L[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]ucida Sans Unicode][/font]world. 3.48 cgpa aint bad though, but if the applications they get av outstanding results, it might be difficult to secure a space in the department...

You are very correct my dear. So, what do u suggest? Should I work with Centennial? If yes, assuming I happen to get admission from the other schools much later, can I change schools on getting to Canada? I know that I will forfiet the money paid to Centennial. Please confirm. Thanks dearie.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by olaremy2k: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2012
Hello house,my visa has been denied today.reaon:not a bonafide student..that's d only reason.@ ebugril,bamshy,shevy,ffflowes ãήϑ all..i appreciate u guys..life isn't a bed of rose,things like this D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ happen.so am not sad @ all,afterall my passport is back home..advice will be welcome concerning the above reason for refusal...ONE L♥√ع..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 12:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
olaremy2k: Hello house,my visa has been denied today.reaon:not a bonafide student..that's d only reason.@ ebugril,bamshy,shevy,ffflowes ãήϑ all..i appreciate u guys..life isn't a bed of rose,things like this D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ happen.so am not sad @ all,afterall my passport is back home..advice will be welcome concerning the above reason for refusal...ONE L♥√ع..

Take heart bro. But the word "bona fide"! That's a serious one, for it mean 'genuinity or realness', excluding falsehood, imitation and fakeness outta it. Please check it bro; what happened? I guess they scrutinized your documents and found out something. It can even be a mere call to a contact in your application and he says "No, I don't know him!." As for me, I'll deduce "that they issued a vaguely worded statement."

Get it right and try again. Finally, don't give up.'Tswell...!'
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by SirP1: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2012
@olaremy2k So sorry to hear that.. From what I've read from the first part of this thread, this bonafide thing can be because of
-- Discrepancies between your UG course and Masters
-- Your grades in general
-- who your sponsor is
-- your age in relation to what you're studying

That's the little I know, I won't recommend you try canada again, you can try the us or australia.
Take heart bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by kenniy(m): 1:23pm On Jul 19, 2012
mikky4all: I have a complicated issue here and I need help
asap. My sponsor (father) was using all his original
documents in another embassy as at the time my
application was due for submition so I had to make
photocopy of all the documents and then
authenticate it at an high court. So I submitted all
my documents as authenticated photocopy. Now the
original document is ready, what can I do to this
effect please. Submitted May 28, no medial call u
yet. Please I need a reply urgently. For
undergraduate

you can update your documents following instructions on this link http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx?view=d but instead of using a courier you can take it there yourself.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by newacca: 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2012
@olaremy2k,
I feel sad to hear abt ur refusal,but God has reasons for doing it. He wants the best to happen to us. Bro,it aint d end of the world. If u've got a future in Canada,U gotta get the TRV,if there is nothing there for u,God will provide better alternative. If you are re-applying,you stand a chance!
Did you submit original certificate and statements of result while applying? I hope you did not submit only notification of result. If you submitted original certificate&statements of result,then the prob. is not from verification of results.
Did the results you submitted have good grades that can proof your capability of pursing ur proposed course? especially some courses related to ur proposed course? Its partially part of the prerequisite for visa,though this won't be listed on the requirements list or website.
Do you have any gap in your education history? were you able to bridge the gap with documentary evidence of what you have been doing since you left school(if you have any gap in your academic history)

On the questionnaire,what was your respond when you were asked of what benefit ur proposed course will be to you,why you what to pursue the course and what u intending after completing the course?
These are questions that matters to me as far as being a "BONAFIDE STUDENT" is concerned. It doesn't mean the Visa officer doubt d genuineness of result or if one is a literate or not. cos if there is a case of ingenuity in result,such application will automatically be refused and ban d application for 2years or so . The Visa officer wants to be sure of ur intention. Your academic qualifications and your response to the questions on their form/questionnaires+other dox u submitted are the facts the VOs base their decision on.
Check the questions and see if there any of the questions catches u. If it does,then fill the wholes and try again. If you make a mistake,try again in another way!
I was refused in 2007 for these reason: 1. Not a bonafide student 2.You have not satisfy me that you will leave Canada at the end of your programme. (Back then,I was sponsored with acct of about #100m+ landed assets above #100m. I have educational gap of 3yrs and I submitted only my notification of results)
I applied again in 2011 as self-sponsor,bridged the academic gap with my work experience,submitted my Statement of Result+Certificate, and I also submitted a very strong letter of intent,to declare reasons why I want have Canadian education,why I want to pursue my proposed course,how it will be beneficial to me,my immediate family,my community,my Country and the globe @ large.
Yes,I was called for interview exactly 3mths after my application and 13days after the interview,I got my medical invite.
Good luck!
ciao
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by moty4all: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
@olaremy2k,
Sorry Bro... Mehn take heart Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 2:59pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hi Ebugirl can I have your phone nos pls or ur pin or email address
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
newacca: @olaremy2k,
I feel sad to hear abt ur refusal,but God has reasons for doing it. He wants the best to happen to us. Bro,it aint d end of the world. If u've got a future in Canada,U gotta get the TRV,if there is nothing there for u,God will provide better alternative. If you are re-applying,you stand a chance!
Did you submit original certificate and statements of result while applying? I hope you did not submit only notification of result. If you submitted original certificate&statements of result,then the prob. is not from verification of results.
Did the results you submitted have good grades that can proof your capability of pursing ur proposed course? especially some courses related to ur proposed course? Its partially part of the prerequisite for visa,though this won't be listed on the requirements list or website.
Do you have any gap in your education history? were you able to bridge the gap with documentary evidence of what you have been doing since you left school(if you have any gap in your academic history)

On the questionnaire,what was your respond when you were asked of what benefit ur proposed course will be to you,why you what to pursue the course and what u intending after completing the course?
These are questions that matters to me as far as being a "BONAFIDE STUDENT" is concerned. It doesn't mean the Visa officer doubt d genuineness of result or if one is a literate or not. cos if there is a case of ingenuity in result,such application will automatically be refused and ban d application for 2years or so . The Visa officer wants to be sure of ur intention. Your academic qualifications and your response to the questions on their form/questionnaires+other dox u submitted are the facts the VOs base their decision on.
Check the questions and see if there any of the questions catches u. If it does,then fill the wholes and try again. If you make a mistake,try again in another way!
I was refused in 2007 for these reason: 1. Not a bonafide student 2.You have not satisfy me that you will leave Canada at the end of your programme. (Back then,I was sponsored with acct of about #100m+ landed assets above #100m. I have educational gap of 3yrs and I submitted only my notification of results)
I applied again in 2011 as self-sponsor,bridged the academic gap with my work experience,submitted my Statement of Result+Certificate, and I also submitted a very strong letter of intent,to declare reasons why I want have Canadian education,why I want to pursue my proposed course,how it will be beneficial to me,my immediate family,my community,my Country and the globe @ large.
Yes,I was called for interview exactly 3mths after my application and 13days after the interview,I got my medical invite.
Good luck!
ciao

WOW!!!!.....i guess that's why you're the boss
i need to go through my questionaire again..i already added three extra pages (question 2, 5 and 6)..i think i have to add more.
Newacca, thank you..infact, that's really an eye opener.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by lillaowow(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
newacca: @olaremy2k,

Good luck!
ciao

WOW!!!!.....i guess that's why you're the boss
i need to go through my questionaire again..i already added three extra pages (question 2, 5 and 6)..i think i have to add more.
Newacca, thank you..infact, that's really an eye opener.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
@newacca,
You good bro. I just sent you a PM. Kindly reply.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:34pm On Jul 19, 2012
olaremy2k: Hello house,my visa has been denied today.reaon:not a bonafide student..that's d only reason.@ ebugril,bamshy,shevy,ffflowes ãήϑ all..i appreciate u guys..life isn't a bed of rose,things like this D̶̲̥̅̊Õ̳͡ happen.so am not sad @ all,afterall my passport is back home..advice will be welcome concerning the above reason for refusal...ONE L♥√ع..

Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ av spoken like a christian....wit all the info gotten on this forum, I believe Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ will make it on a second trial. Was there discrepancy in ur names as shown on ur results? Did ur school ask Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ to make any payment? Did Ɣõu̶̲̥̅̊ submit originals of ur results?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
Newacca remains our guru on this forum. whenever he speaks, we av no option other than to listen. #God hand de ur head#
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by ebugirl: 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
bancan: Hi Ebugirl can I have your phone nos pls or ur pin or email address.mine is . . . I have questions I want to ask you.thanks

Check ur mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2012
Its gonna be a gr8t day > > > > G.O.O.D Morning 2y'all.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by sucrecruz: 4:30pm On Jul 19, 2012
Hello All
I am happy to see the vibrancy in the house for those that got their TRV and medical call up congratulations and also those that were refused TRV also congratulations because CDHC refusing now gives more reason for you to get it right next time there is nothing like failure it only exist when you decide to remain down with it but my fellow comrades I have come to discover that with right packaging your TRV is sure I have been here for a while now and I have seen so many unqualified people here but only God knows how they got their TRV well I see it as hope for those aspiring to come never give up if you dont get your TRV now you will get it later I prefer to see the cup half full than to se it as half empty . Most importantly let us know the details of what you sent to CDHC that will only help to know where you didnt get it right and we will all put our heart and soul together to fix it right.

@Newacca and winwin I am waiting for you guys to come to SC so we can laugh over this whole stuff
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 19, 2012
Please House , which uni gives one admission ontime for MSc without any delay ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by austin4real(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
i Just concluded my service year and i'm hoping to go for my masters in Canada, i studied Urban and regional planning, but hoping to go for Geographical information systems in my postgraduate studies, i'd like the house to suggest the process which i would go through, step by step cos i got no idea where to start,I also need ideas on where i can do my toefl and GRE in Lagos PLUS dumps which i can study with. my mail address is donsoladipupo@gmail.com. tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 6:00pm On Jul 19, 2012
bancan: This is the third time I will be writing on this thread without any reply from anyone, I guess this thread has only a group of people or like a cliq,even if no one has an answer to my question at least u guys should show concern, its over 60working days now n I've not heard from cdhc infact all I want now is to get my docs back.I'm tired of d emotional torture of tracking every day,visiting dat should take just 35-45 working days is taking almost 3months now. I want to know if I can visit dem to withdraw my application afterall my husband's convocation dat is my main purpose of visit has being done since june 13th.pls u guys should advice me
hi guys,I hope you guys still remember my case. Anyways I went to the embassy on monday but got there around 2pm so I was told I can't be attended to at that time again that I should come around 9pm d next day,d next day I wasinformed of a job interview of a job I applied for that will take place on thursday and I will need my original docs,so I rushed to d embassy on wednesday morning to withdraw my application,I filled d form and wrote there dat I don't wish to withdraw it but I need my docs tomorrow for an interview,I also went further to explain my case well in d additional information column.the form was taken in and after waiting for over an hour I was called via phone from inside to come back by 3 that they want to process my request and give me my docs so I went to a fast food and sat down from 11am till 2.15pm,i returned to d embassy gate at about 2.30 I was called on phone almost immediately to come inside .I was relieved at last that at least they'll give me my application back and I'll stop d tracking madness since the intended travel date have passed. When I got in I was told to go for MEDICALS with my baby I was given the medicals envelope and told to go for it as soon as possible. I couldn't believe my eyes.I was like sorry my name is so so so so and I'm not going to study(thinking they've mixed me up with a student) but they were like we know you are the one. I am so so happy and grateful to Jesus cos I went there to withdraw but got medical request.thanks to all that encouraged me.I was also given thedocs I need for the interview and told to return them asap
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by DrealGio: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
bancan: hi guys,I hope you guys still remember my case. Anyways I went to the embassy on monday but got there around 2pm so I was told I can't be attended to at that time again that I should come around 9pm d next day,d next day I wasinformed of a job interview of a job I applied for that will take place on thursday and I will need my original docs,so I rushed to d embassy on tuesday morning to withdraw my application,I filled d form and wrote there dat I don't wish to withdraw it but I need my docs tomorrow for an interview,I also went further to explain my case well in d additional information column.the form was taken in and after waiting for over an hour I was called via phone from inside to come back by 3 that they want to process my request and give me my docs so I went to a fast food and sat down from 11am till 2.15pm,i returned to d embassy gate at about 2.30 I was called on phone almost immediately to come inside .I was relieved at last that at least they'll give me my application back and I'll stop d tracking madness since the intended travel date have passed. When I got in I was told to go for MEDICALS with my baby I was given the medicals envelope and told to go for it as soon as possible. I couldn't believe my eyes.I was like sorry my name is so so so so and I'm not going to study(thinking they've mixed me up with a student) but they were like we know you are the one. I am so so happy and grateful to Jesus cos I went there to withdraw but got medical request.thanks to all that encouraged me.

God is indeed faithful. He has proven it to u again and to all of us in this thread. So, relax for He is in control. What a touching testimony!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2012
sucre cruz: Hello All
I am happy to see the vibrancy in the house for those that got their TRV and medical call up congratulations and also those that were refused TRV also congratulations because CDHC refusing now gives more reason for you to get it right next time there is nothing like failure it only exist when you decide to remain down with it but my fellow comrades I have come to discover that with right packaging your TRV is sure I have been here for a while now and I have seen so many unqualified people here but only God knows how they got their TRV well I see it as hope for those aspiring to come never give up if you dont get your TRV now you will get it later I prefer to see the cup half full than to se it as half empty . Most importantly let us know the details of what you sent to CDHC that will only help to know where you didnt get it right and we will all put our heart and soul together to fix it right.

@Newacca and winwin I am waiting for you guys to come to SC so we can laugh over this whole stuff

Pls drop ur email to me at bestfrank44@yahoo.com,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Noswaa: 6:38pm On Jul 19, 2012
bancan: hi guys,I hope you guys still remember my case. Anyways I went to the embassy on monday but got there around 2pm so I was told I can't be attended to at that time again that I should come around 9pm d next day,d next day I wasinformed of a job interview of a job I applied for that will take place on thursday and I will need my original docs,so I rushed to d embassy on tuesday morning to withdraw my application,I filled d form and wrote there dat I don't wish to withdraw it but I need my docs tomorrow for an interview,I also went further to explain my case well in d additional information column.the form was taken in and after waiting for over an hour I was called via phone from inside to come back by 3 that they want to process my request and give me my docs so I went to a fast food and sat down from 11am till 2.15pm,i returned to d embassy gate at about 2.30 I was called on phone almost immediately to come inside .I was relieved at last that at least they'll give me my application back and I'll stop d tracking madness since the intended travel date have passed. When I got in I was told to go for MEDICALS with my baby I was given the medicals envelope and told to go for it as soon as possible. I couldn't believe my eyes.I was like sorry my name is so so so so and I'm not going to study(thinking they've mixed me up with a student) but they were like we know you are the one. I am so so happy and grateful to Jesus cos I went there to withdraw but got medical request.thanks to all that encouraged me.

I think i told you that you are expected to apply for reunion that it may be the cause of the delay but you neglected my advise,congrats
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
Noswaa:

I think i told you that you are expected to apply for reunion that it may be the cause of the delay but you neglected my advise,congrats
is there a type of visa called reunion? I only wanted to attend his convocation not to stay there cos I have a job here,sorry I didn't neglect ur advice cos there is no way I can even apply for the so called reunion when my application is still there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2012
Noswaa:

the delay is not perculiar to me alone I saw so many people there complaining bitterly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Bancan,
A big congrats to u. So touching.
Please make sure u travel wit fire extinguisher cos I know u guys will set d house on fire dt day.
Urs is an encouraging news. I have nt heard anything frm them yet. Ill start my 3 weeks vacation on monday, so ill visit vac wednesday . I hope I get ur kind of testimonym
Somebody shout alleluia!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2012
DrealGio:

God is indeed faithful. He has proven it to u again and to all of us in this thread. So, relax for He is in control. What a touching testimony!!!
thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2012
@Bancan,
My mind is even telling me they will give u 2yrs or more
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by bancan: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
mercylicious: @Bancan,
A big congrats to u. So touching.
Please make sure u travel wit fire extinguisher cos I know u guys will set d house on fire dt day.
Urs is an encouraging news. I have nt heard anything frm them yet. Ill start my 3 weeks vacation on monday, so ill visit vac wednesday . I hope I get ur kind of testimonym
Somebody shout alleluia!
definitely my sister cos its been 2yrs I saw my hubby last. Pls don't visit vac visit CDHC to make inquiries about ur application.I didn't visit vac.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 3 by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2012
@ bancan,
My dear, na cdhc I wan type. I tot its only wed they receive visitors, bt ur was tuesday. Do they receive visitors everyday. Am going to update my docs and also inquire on d status.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (404)

I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.