Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,677 members, 7,862,131 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 09:21 AM

Was I Ripped Off? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Was I Ripped Off? (818 Views)

DIY Vehicle Fault Detecting Tool-avoid Getting Ripped Of By Mechanics! / DIY Vehicle Fault Detecting Tool-avoid Getting Ripped Of By Mechanics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was I Ripped Off? by 8ightball: 9:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
I took my Audi to an auto shop recently and this is a breakdown of some of their charges. I am not to knowledgeable about cars, so I will like to know if I was ripped off.

oil filter - 5k
VW spark plugs 1,500 * 6 = 9k

Although their service was extremely professional, I still have a nagging feeling that I was "axed".
To those who are in the know, is this true?
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by werepeLeri: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
LOL.

How much u wan buy spark plugs before? 500 Naira?
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by 8ightball: 9:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
Dude, if you dont have anything constructive to say, just shut the Bleep up.ok?
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by werepeLeri: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
its you who should shut the f up - answer the question. how much do you want to pay for a spark plug? 500 Naira? Answer na. How much dem charge you for oil? why u no put that one? Abi u no buy oil? Mobil 1 oil costs 9k, some cars use two - meaning 18k on oil alone- how much u spend, wey he be say u come open thread for NL?

One day u go soon open thread say your wife fart for bathroom.
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
ops, next time think well before putting a thread on NL
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by 8ightball: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
@were whatever. you are a waste of keystrokes.Must you comment on every thread? jobless fellow
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by andyanders: 11:41pm On Jun 12, 2012
he asked a question here and if you have an answer, you answer rather than make fun out of the whole thing. We are one family and need to help one another, rather than some answers here.

My brother, go to where they sell parts and ask them the price of the oil filter and also find out the cost of the plugs. Some mechanics rip-off many guys and I have fallen a prey to them. I buy most of my car parts and ask them to fix it and I pay them off. You have to understand the kind of car u have and take your time to go around any free day you have to find out the prices of most of the parts you use
Re: Was I Ripped Off? by dantitiki(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
What workshop was it done?

(1) (Reply)

22kva Sound Proof Generator, AC Etc For Sale Call 08061688723 / 2003 Acura Mdx - 6 Months Registered - Navigation & Reverse Cam / 2012 Peugeot 508

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.