Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. (689 Views)

Free And 100% Guaranteed 2015 Jamb Cbt Questions And Answers To All Subjects / This Is For The *CONSCIOUS FOLKS ONLY!!!!!* Questions And Answers. / Contradictions In Al-mustapha Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. by trisurface: 9:50am On Jun 13, 2012
Who can help with these:
1. What is the Origin of the Word "Oga"?
2. What is the English Translation of the Yoruba word "Penren"?
3. In the Army, A major is higher than a lieutenant, but a Lieutenant general is higher than a Major General? Why?

PS:
U have noticed other contradictions.
Try answer my own first abeg!
Re: Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. by ifyalways(f): 9:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
Oga has atleast 3 differentmeanings,which do u want ?
Oga:boss
Oga:a kind of game kids play,prominent in Igboland
Oga:brb
Re: Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. by trisurface: 11:50pm On Jun 14, 2012
Howdy,
I know what Oga means.
But whats its Origin?
What Nigerian Tribe language is it?
Has it always been used for one's Boss?
This is what ails me!
Re: Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. by DuduNegro: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2012
Penren - "so much as. . ."
Re: Unanswered Questions And Contradictions. by PhysicsQED(m): 12:18am On Jun 16, 2012
@ 3

According to wikipedia:

"The term major general is a shortened version of the previous term sergeant major general, which was also subordinate to lieutenant general. This is why a lieutenant general outranks a major general, whereas a major is senior to a lieutenant."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lieutenant_general

Makes enough sense to me. Problem resolved (unless anyone has a more reliable source contradicting the above).

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/ No, Why? / Desperate Mothers Making Money By Selling The Placenta Of Their Babies / Akure Mornach Joins His Ancestors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.