Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? (9704 Views)

10 Coolest Notepad Tricks / A Little Tip For Notepad++ users Like Me. / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by SayoMarvel(m): 10:49pm On Jul 05, 2012
Peterson1993: says who. All scripts of any website are written whether on note pad or what ever. Those webs you mentioned where created with self made codes and scripts written on notepad or any other text editor and not most webs this days using OSS and the open source script was even written by the supposed great coders..!. If you view the source code, you will hardly believe it was actually written by a human beings but we can all be genius to ourselves if we believe

Many of the stuffs you see while viewing the sources of pages might have been obfuscated (and optimized) by some tools. Almost nobody writes such highly condensed codes (just my opinion).
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by Beaf: 5:34pm On Jul 06, 2012
Peterson1993: says who. All scripts of any website are written whether on note pad or what ever. Those webs you mentioned where created with self made codes and scripts written on notepad or any other text editor and not most webs this days using OSS and the open source script was even written by the supposed great coders..!. If you view the source code, you will hardly believe it was actually written by a human beings but we can all be genius to ourselves if we believe

You can get away with CSS and HTML in notepad in a big firm.

But dude, I can guarantee that if you try coding C++, C#, Java etc in notepad in places at the level of Facebook, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc, you will quickly be shortlisted for sacking for being unable to follow standards, unproductive, difficult etc.
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:45pm On Jul 06, 2012
Beaf:

But dude, I can guarantee that if you try coding C++, C#, Java etc in notepad in places at the level of Facebook, Google, Ebay, Amazon etc, you will quickly be shortlisted for sacking for not being being unable to follow standards, unproductive, difficult etc.

Word! maybe that is why the OP is so obsessed with coding in notepad. Larger firms have little time for esoteric preferences and stick more to Standards-driving tools and technologies that can quickly turn code to profitable products in far less time than your hand-coders in notepad can. that is what Intellisense and other time-saving tools do for ya - @OP get with the programme
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by Fayimora(m): 8:31pm On Jul 06, 2012
Sorry before I put forth my opinionated views, I just want to make a quick inquiry. Are you guys actually talking about Notepad, that useless application on windows or a Text Editor!
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:13pm On Jul 06, 2012
Fayimora: Sorry before I put forth my opinionated views, I just want to make a quick inquiry. Are you guys actually talking about Notepad, that useless application on windows or a Text Editor!

When you see threads like this - you can be sure it is notepad (douche-bag since Windows 3.1) grin grin
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by logica(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Beaf:

Even with those, are you going to use Notepad to compress/pack your CSS and HTML? Oh OK, you will write your own tool for the packing process.
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by logica(m): 6:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Fayimora: Sorry before I put forth my opinionated views, I just want to make a quick inquiry. Are you guys actually talking about Notepad, that useless application on windows or a Text Editor!
LMAO
Re: Are You A Real Programmer? Can You Code With Notepad? by donclemo(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2012
who cares of u use notepad or textbook pad or always sanitary pad or shoulder pad as long as you get the work done and your code is standard and readable. the most important thing is getting the work done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Programmers Can Be Of Great Help In The 2019 General Elections. / What Is Xvideoservicethief? / How Do I Write Sql Statemen That Can Cast String To Double

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.