Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,973 members, 7,848,921 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:03 PM

Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal (1138 Views)

Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / APC May Sanction Atiku, Tambuwal Over N’assembly Elections / Pdp Reaches-out To Tambuwal Over GEJ Impeachment Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by Zulele: 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2012
Nigerians are about to be
treated to a tsunami-like political battle between
the Presidency, with the backing of ex-President
Olusegun Obasanjo and the leadership of the PDP
on the one hand, and Speaker Aminu Tambuwal
with his deputy, Emeka Ihedioha on the other.
In fact, an authoritative source revealed on
Wednesday night that the case of the Deputy
Speaker is already settled because "the cabal"
seems to have succeeded in linking him to the
Farouk Lawan bribery scandal and the last obstacle
now, in the books of the Presidency, is Tambuwal.
President Jonathan and Chief Obasanjo have said to
be on the same page in the move to sack Tambuwal
because "they see him as too independent and very
arrogant" Tambuwal is already aware of
the plot to sack him and part of his fight-back
strategies will certainly play out on the floor of the
House of Reps when they reconvene on Friday for
an emergency session.

As for the Deputy Speaker, sources say he's almost
on his own as it is believed that he kept Tambuwal
in the dark in "whatever transaction he had with
Farouk Lawan". Also, there are strong indication
that the deal to rubbish Farouk and the House was
initiated by the Minister of Petroleum, Mrs.
Diezani Allison-Madueke as, according to sources,
her efforts to make Farouk shift grounds had failed.
Reactions From Two Different Groups:
A group of legal practitioners, under the aegis of
Public Interest Lawyers League, have demanded
the resignation of the Speaker, Aminu Tambuwal.
They also demanded the questioning Mr. Femi
Otedola to determine his level of complicity in the
saga. President of the group, Abdul Mahmud, said
this at a press conference in Abuja.

However, the Civil Society Legislative Advocacy
Centre, CISLAC, has raised the alarm over a plot to
use the fuel subsidy bribery scandal to remove
Tambuwal. A statement by CISLAC’s Executive
Director, Auwal Musa in Abuja alleged that the
Presidency and the oil cabal were involved in the
plot. It said the two had never been comfortable
with Tambuwal’s style of leadership.
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by aljharem(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
OBJ has no say angry angry
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by wesley80(m): 7:45pm On Jun 14, 2012
Tambuwai already defending himself? This is how you know he's an accomplice.
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Jun 14, 2012
More silly stories. How can Obasanjo even attempt this one? Gosh . . . I hate our journalists more and more each day!
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by 9ijaprince(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2012
The truth remains that the cabals have succeeded in killing the fuel subsidy report. I blame Farcrook whom we thought was incorruptible. The whole report now is as worthless as zimbabwean dollar.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 14, 2012
SOURCE? until i get source, i reserve my comments, an will comment my reserves when source is disclosed.
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by Beaf: 8:54pm On Jun 14, 2012
9ijaprince: The truth remains that the cabals have succeeded in killing the fuel subsidy report. I blame Farcrook whom we thought was incorruptible. The whole report now is as worthless as zimbabwean dollar.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but in siding with Farouk, you sided with the oil cabals. Its the way Nigerians keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
There is nothing more important at this time than learning the Nigerian political terrain and exactly where you stand in it. It is of life and death importance; for the sake of your kids and mine too.

Everything in Nigeria is an eye opener.
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by ibide(m): 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2012
Um :::: well things will never get better in nigeria again
Re: Jonathan, Obasanjo Move To Sack Tambuwal Over Farouk Bribery Scandal by 1025: 10:46pm On Jun 14, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble, but in siding with Farouk, you sided with the oil cabals. Its the way Nigerians keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
There is nothing more important at this time than learning the Nigerian political terrain and exactly where you stand in it. It is of life and death importance; for the sake of your kids and mine too.

Everything in Nigeria is an eye opener.

@beaf,
as long as you have a corrupt head of state, no prayer, no fasting and miracle will change the story line to the last authority.
jonathan is an agent of corruption and that is why under his rulership, no single politician is serving any form of jail term.
he has a wife whose case file with efcc is still pending and as such, he lacks the moral standard to move against ppl like his own wife. what did jonathan do as the gov of bayelsa state? how did jonathan and yar adua came into power that pushed jonathan into where he is today? how did jonathan spend during the elections and who did jega account to? tambuwa and farook may look like criminals to every nigerian apart from me. they are just been like other politician especially those in pdp. is any of us expecting them to go to jail? bankole and a long list of other criminals were declared innocent by our law courts as directed by the presidency and thereby legalising looting.
i feel sad whenever nigerians gather here to celebrate these criminals. within the next ten day, they will bring up another story just to divert our attentions.
at the end of the day, we keep coming close to something. gaddaffi's body was displayed on a table but i know the day nigerians stand up against these men, God will forgive us because we will roast and eat their fleshes.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Tinubu Renders Account In Lagos Central / Boko Haram Are Our Siblings - Says GEJ / no topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.