Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,465 members, 7,836,840 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? (11841 Views)

If Your Spouse Gains Scholarship To Study Abroad A Month After Wedding..... / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Woman Delivers Quadruplets Four Years After Wedding (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by xynerise: 10:01am On Jun 27, 2012
odeexpress: I have seen several men made concerted efforts to impress their women before they marry. But after the wedding, I have observed that most men reduce their efforts and commitment. Is it normal? What could be responsible?
sometimes its due to additional responsibilities.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by tobechi74: 10:04am On Jun 27, 2012
Because the women also reduce their afta wedin.
B4, they were exposing cloths,spend 4o minutes on the mirrow, try to maintain/reduce their weight just 2 attract d men and let d man say " wil u marry me"
after d mariage,they dnt look as preety as b4. They tie wrapper like vilage wuman, they stop aplying make up, they eat and eat and grow fat .

2) the afection shown reduces too. They no longer hug d man wen he get bak frm work.....they stop cooking.,.
leaving it for d house girl.

At nite wen the man is able nd capable of performin his natural obligation, she wil say

"am tired, i need 2 wake up early 2mro, my day was stressful, am not in d mood,am nt feeling fine"

acording 2 newton law, 2 evry action their is equal and oposite reaction. Men are reacting 2 women action

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Lakayana: 10:09am On Jun 27, 2012
When an athlete crosses the finish line the next thing is to rest i think its that rest period that is the problem. Please the men should be allowed to rest a little so that they can start a new race.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2012
semid4lyfe: The chase is more interesting than the catch. . . .

Truth!
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Orikinla(m): 10:29am On Jun 27, 2012
Because, most weddings are to impress their peers and the society.
Soon the honeymoon is over and then you will see their true colours in black and white and blue. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by queensmith: 10:30am On Jun 27, 2012
Danka7777: Because we didn't know any better of what we were getting ourselves into before marriage. After wedding and over time, we realize this institution(marriage) is inherently bias, provides a great deal of benefits for women at the expense of men. Besides, most men though they will never tell this, are unhappy in their marriages and feel they being held hostage against their will.

this is pretty sad. . . . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by omoobanla(m): 10:34am On Jun 27, 2012
odeexpress: I have seen several men made concerted efforts to impress their women before they marry. But after the wedding, I have observed that most men reduce their efforts and commitment. Is it normal? What could be responsible?

TheQuestion should have been why some or most of the women start showing their true arrogant and stubbornness,disrespect attitude colour after the wedding.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by TalkingBird: 10:39am On Jun 27, 2012
Its a natural selfish tendency, promoted by the wicked world. However many who adhere to divine principles endavor to keep love going and remain committed.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by KINGwax(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2012
Because he's got to rearrange his priorities.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by TalkingBird: 10:55am On Jun 27, 2012
inspirenet: smiley

Drink water from your system. Best advice for marriage.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Ubexist: 11:04am On Jun 27, 2012
It is because of their character. because after the marriage the real person will manifest,the real attitude and quality of that woman what you have not been seeing and if you are not man enought u will sent her away.but there are good women.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by jennykadrry(f): 11:05am On Jun 27, 2012
They do this for many reasons, in my case the mugu my husband found out that I was a working girl (that's common ashewo to you all) when he accidentally ran into some customers that I had group s. ex with. He was really annoying about it, I mean where did he think I was every night when I was not at home. Really Men!!!
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nwankwopeter: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2012
The reason is because most women pretend a lot, dey show-off, and feel more important dan every other creature. But @ long run they turn to be soooooooooo cheap. Trust men nah @ last dey must reduce dat pride and oestentatious life of de women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Beaf1: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2012
There are many reasons and most were mentioned already:

- The chase is more interesting than the catch...
- The money should be channelled to building a strong home/family especially for children's future
- After marriage some women become so bored thereby killing all the flame of excitements that was hitherto enjoyed before the marriage.
- After spending so much before the marriage, some men tend to be disappointed after seeing the true color of their spouse for that's not what she was selling during the courtship.
- etc etc

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by maktop(m): 11:22am On Jun 27, 2012
Marriage is like a black market, u do not know what it contains until u get inside. Expect to meet anything good and bad.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 27, 2012
I acknowledge dt errbody mst av said somtin relatin 2 dis bt I mst reiterate dat 1 of d major reasons is dt women tend 2 act angelic b4 marriage bt 1nce its done dey tend 2 change & men c dem as inconsistent in dia behaviour. As such u dated a diff person & u married a diff person. The sweet lady becomes hostile & den d men wud seek solace else wia.

Somtims 2 sha its a ''modern-man'' tin 4 men 2 cheat
Its a conjecture though bt I think its 1 of d reasons.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by JojoArmani(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2012
afam4eva: It's really not about boredom like someone put it. Rather it's like a trophy. This behaviour can be likened to a team that plays really had to win the world and after they've achieved that, you don't see them training everyday.
You re on point. Seconded. Case closed.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by superior1: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2012
redcliff:

Puss grin

Na who talk that kin thing?
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by MELAA: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2012
it work on both side
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by sayso: 11:44am On Jun 27, 2012
After the koko has been hammered,it becomes tasteless in the mind.But honorable Men keep to their faith.
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by oluchijud(f): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2012
Itz simple!!!... Av u eva seen a fisherman giving worms(bait) 2 a fish after it had bn caught?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by vanstanzy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 27, 2012

I don't know, maybe most of these women marry the wrong men? But seriously, men are human beings just like women and are not flawless. Most women, if not all, expects their man to be perfect, but it can't be. Women, i have come to observe love FAIRY_TALE life and HAPPILY EVER-AFTER kind of scenario, which just aint real.
One more thing, Women can keep going at something, especially LOVE AFFAIR, for a longtime without getting bored, while men are the opposite. Why do u think the slogan says "ITS FOR THE MAN TO WOE THE WOMAN, BUT ITS FOR THE WOMAN TO MAINTAIN THE HOME."
So sisters CHERISH the long resilience you have, it's a gift.
TO BE CONTINUED...
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by vanstanzy(m): 12:06pm On Jun 27, 2012
Women in general, whether beautiful or ugly, are angelic in nature when viewed from the outside, that's what gets the men turned-on. But MARRIAGE is a diff. ball-game, when u're now seeing the woman from the inside, especially when she the wrong choice, u know what i mean?
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
Women dictates the tune of courtship while men dictates d tune of marriage. If u are courting and u are not able to convince ur girl that u are capable of taking care of her when u finally get married u might lose d lady moreso after marriage the man will want to be sure if the woman is a good woman that will continue to take car of him so he shows some I don't care attitude to c if the woman will calmly call him to order
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Na waooh - you think Marriage and Wedding is not a deeper commitment already,give the guy a break! he has to work for the rest of his life taking care of you and the kids, he'd be lucky to outlive you given half the chance grin
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by stupor(m): 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
How u take sabi say men dem dey reduce their commitment after wedding ?
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Emyogalanya: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2012
Wel my take on this is this: life is in stages so the tendency is that men actually graduate in life from one stage to another they take on a bigger responsibility things like how wil i make sure i feed my family cloth them so i'l not be seen as a failure to my wife her family and people especially other men so my wife does not have a reason to flirt around he is trying to sustain the new family facing his bizness to do so just like a woman or both of them seem to divert all the love the shared to thier children it God's natural design for marriage
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
Men who married women that didn't give them stress but rather showed them that they are their king, always receive more & more care & commitment from their husbands even after marriage & many kids cos the man keep discovering that they (the women) are hidden assets, in fact excellent women more than the men thought, but when a woman stresses a man so much during courtship, the man will definitely reduce his commitment after marriage becos he must have been chasing her with all his time & resources, thinking that she is an angel without fault, which is always different once in the marriage system, & hence the man begins to lose interest. My advice to men wishing to marry: do not stress much to win any woman else you will hate or dislike her when u win her, and to the ladies out there, do not over-strain your hubby to be, make things lighter for him so he wont lose passion in you when he struggles & finally wins you. Nice thread @op....

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Honeycity(f): 1:35pm On Jun 27, 2012
high expectation
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by Michky: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2012
oluchi jud: Itz simple!!!... Av u eva seen a fisherman giving worms(bait) 2 a fish after it had bn caught?
Wow. Lol. I lookd 2ru ur profile. U reasn good. If u'r stil single, i'l like u 2 reach me here: michky54 at yahoo dot com. Wow!
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by rothea(f): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2012
THE CHASE IS OVER BRO! thats's why!
Re: Why Do Men Reduce Their Commitment After Wedding? by kalufelix(m): 3:10pm On Jun 27, 2012
coogar:

boredom....people crave for what they don't have....and
get bored of what they have acquired. eating the same brand
of bread everyday can be tedious.
Gbam!! perfect ansa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thanks TeHN / Sex And Marriage: Why Men Force It And Why Women Refuse It / Soldier Reunited With Mom After 30 Years (Thanks to google) ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.