Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:53 AM

Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? (1051 Views)

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam / A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 11:46am On Jun 16, 2012
Often we here our 'leaders' say no religion preaches violence, and this gets me(and am sure a whole others) confused. When boko haram and other jihadists kill they say clearly that they are doing the work of Allah. Popular versus from the Qur'an are cited to support their claim such as:
'O ye whn believe (in Allah) Take not the christains and Jews as your friends, they are but friends to one another. And he whn takes them (as friends) then surely he is one of them. Verily Allah guides not the unjust people' (sura 5:51 Al Hilali, 2:120,9:5, 29:123)

'So when you meet (in jihad) those who disbelieve, smite (their) necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (ie take them captives). thereafter is time either for generosity or ransom until the war lays down its burden. Thus you are orded to continue carrying out Jihad against the disbelivers till they embrace islam and are saved from punishment in the Hell fire or at least come under your protection,but if it had been Allah's will he himself could certainly have punished them(without you)...' (sura 47:4)

The above versus {and many others} and many portions in the hadith support killing. Hence a question is to be asked to our leaders and muslim friends who deny violence in islam.
Are boko haram and other jihadists muslims? Are they not faithful followers?
Lets hear your veiws...
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 16, 2012
Often we here our 'leaders' say no religion preaches violence, and this gets me(and am sure a whole others) confused. When Ku klux klan and akhwat akwop kill they say clearly that they are doing the work of Jesus. Popular versus from the Bible are cited to support their claim such as:

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
" Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

" Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

Hosea 13:16
"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Revelation 2:22-23
"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.
[size=15pt][/size]

The above versus {and many others} and many portions in the Bible support killing. Hence a question is to be asked to our leaders and christian friends who deny violence in christianity.
Are kkk and akhwat akwop christians? Are they not faithful followers?

MTSHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW.

Bella3 abi wetin be your name? Abeg go and read this thread jor: https://www.nairaland.com/960240/islam-terrorism
Before you ask stup[i]i[/i]d questions.

And you had better start following Nigerian politics so you can know the politicians that sponsor Boko Haram instead of fool[i]i[/i]shly swallowing everything the news feed you.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 16, 2012
Often we here our 'leaders' say no religion preaches violence, and this gets me(and am sure a whole others) confused. When Ku klux klan and akhwat akwop kill they say clearly that they are doing the work of Jesus. Popular versus from the Bible are cited to support their claim such as:

Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

"Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

[size=15pt]Deuteronomy 17:2-5
If there be found among you , that , hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them , Then shalt thou , tone them with stones, till they die.

[/size]
The above versus {and many others} and many portions in the Bible support killing. Hence a question is to be asked to our leaders and christian friends who deny violence in christianity.

Bella3 abi wetin be your name? Abeg go and read this thread jor: https://www.nairaland.com/960240/islam-terrorism

And you had better start following Nigerian politics so you can know the politicians that sponsor Boko Haram instead of fool[i]i[/i]shly swallowing everything the news feeds you.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2012
fellis: Often we here our 'leaders' say no religion preaches violence, and this gets me(and am sure a whole others) confused. When Ku klux klan and akhwat akwop kill they say clearly that they are doing the work of Jesus. Popular versus from the Bible are cited to support their claim such as:

Deuteronomy 17:2-5
[size=15pt][/size]

And you had better start following Nigerian politics so you can know the politicians that sponsor Boko Haram instead of fool[i]i[/i]shly swallowing everything the news feed you.

stop blasphemy pls. Jesus NEVA preached violence.

1 Like

Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 6:43am On Jun 21, 2012
Mtseew... This fellis, chei it is the Government that wrote the Quaran abi?
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Bélla3: Mtseew... This fellis, chei it is the Government that wrote the Quaran abi?
@Bella3: if you sincerely made this thread in order to gain knowledge, Id advise u to drop your Christian bias first. those verses fellis posted are from the Bible.. Am yet to see how he blasphemed..
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 6:48am On Jun 21, 2012
Bélla3: Mtseew... This fellis, chei it is the Government that wrote the Quaran abi?
kai....
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 7:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Those verses 4 ur information are the law, and none of them says 'go and kil ur muslim and pagan neighbours.
I am nt biased atall, nw as a muslim explain those verses to me rather than refer me to the bible on laws of moses. When Jesus said he isnt come for peace, he knew that some jihadists wil rise and take it opon themselves to do the 'work' of God.
The Law of moses was there becoz God knew the isrealites needed strong laws to handle them. He knew their hearts were wicked, so fear could curtail them. But under Grace the word of God lives in ur heart.

1 Like

Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Gbamar(f): 9:43am On Jun 21, 2012
Bélla3: Those verses 4 ur information are the law, and none of them says 'go and kil ur muslim and pagan neighbours.
I am nt biased atall, nw as a muslim explain those verses to me rather than refer me to the bible on laws of moses. When Jesus said he isnt come for peace, he knew that some jihadists wil rise and take it opon themselves to do the 'work' of God.
The Law of moses was there becoz God knew the isrealites needed strong laws to handle them. He knew their hearts were wicked, so fear could curtail them. But under Grace the word of God lives in ur heart.
NAWAOO, I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU LIKE COVERING D TRUTH WITH IGNORANT.DESPITE THE VERSES QUOTED BY FELLES FROM THE BiBLE ('ALAIGBORAN') Now ANSWER THIS 'WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES JESUS(P B U H) NAME 'CHRISTIANITY' AS A RELIGION.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2012
Bélla3: bla bla bla bla bla bla
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla and every other atrocious spelling in this reta[i]r[/i]ded post
With I discuss with people like you, I have to employ a lot of self control to keep from insulting you. Did your cataractous eyes not see the link I posted in my first reply that contains the explanation for the verses?
What in heaven's name are you trying to say here? And it is spelt Qur'an not Quaran you fcking ape.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2012
OMG. Please forgive me for the outburst above. I tend to get emotional sometimes.
sad
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by LogicMind: 10:42am On Jun 21, 2012
fellis: OMG. Please forgive me for the outburst above. I tend to get emotional sometimes.
sad

r u a muslim?
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2012
Logic Mind:

r u a muslim?

. . . . . lipsrsealed
why do you ask?
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by firebrand: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2012
What a question by the poster! Let us look for a way forward by stopping the killings of innocent souls.
Is RCCG not of the fold of xtianity? What of Anglican, Catholic, Celestial and the likes, are they not all xtian denominations. Then comes the Ansar deen, Nasfat ,Boko Haram, Quareb, Al qaeda and the likes all have the same denominator--Islam.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by LogicMind: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
fellis:
. . . . . lipsrsealed
why do you ask?

it would explain your "outbursts".

1 Like

Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2012
embarassed
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fellis am nt suprised at your talks. You didnt answer
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 21, 2012
Bélla3: Fellis am nt suprised at your talks. You didnt answer
lol. I have started wondering whether you are just deliberately trying to piss me off.
Ok let me 'answer'.
I was not in the mood to start writing long winded posts to explain something that has already been explained so many times before on this site. So I directed you to another thread that contains the information you were asking for. I also posted the link, which would make it easy for you to find said thread.
I dunno, maybe the problem is that you don't know how links work or you don't know what a link means or you simply don't understand English, but whatever it is, please sort yourself out and stop disturbing me.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by UyiIredia(m): 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2012
I just watched an interesting programme anchored by Gbenga Aruleba of AIT with some House of Reps members on the Boko Haram Issue. One of the honourables made an interesting point: Not all of the Boko-Haram bombers are Muslims and this vital information is not publicized so as to reduce the level of suspicion. This is understandable because if anybody can bomb there will be an atmosphere of tension. However, the downside is that it puts the blame totally on Islam and gives critics of religion a chance to put the cause of Boko Haram menace strictly to religion. The honourables stressed that the Boko Haram members are extremists of an Islamic sect called the Wahhabis. Ithink the problem we see in the North is a political-cum-religious one and it needs to be effectively tackled on both levels by skilled diplomacy on the part of political & religious leaders.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
^I was invited to watch that programme this morning but I didn't do so.
I had no idea that it made so much sense.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 5:12pm On Jun 21, 2012
Fellis answer me this question without refering me to anywhere.
Does al queda, al shabab and the rest get their injuction from the qur'an?
And yes i cant speak english, i rememba u used to coach me.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 21, 2012
^you fcking pest. grin
no they don't get any injunction from the Qur'an and no I never coached you in English. Stop trying to sound funny.
If you want detailed explanation of my answer click the damn link already or ask me (respectfully) to teach you how links work.
Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Bella3(f): 8:24pm On Jun 21, 2012
fellis: ^you fcking pest. grin
no they don't get any injunction from the Qur'an and no I never coached you in English. Stop trying to sound funny.
If you want detailed explanation of my answer click the damn link already or ask me (respectfully) to teach you how links work.
just what i needed to knw. You have denied ur lord!

1 Like

Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by searay(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
fellis: Often we here our 'leaders' say no religion preaches violence, and this gets me(and am sure a whole others) confused. When Ku klux klan and akhwat akwop kill they say clearly that they are doing the work of Jesus. Popular versus from the Bible are cited to support their claim such as:

[size=15pt]Deuteronomy 17:2-5

[/size]

And you had better start following Nigerian politics so you can know the politicians that sponsor Boko Haram instead of fool[i]i[/i]shly swallowing everything the news feeds you.

Quote it contextually next time, Ok?

1 Like

Re: Are Boko Haram And Other Jihadists Muslims? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
searay:

Quote it contextually next time, Ok?
Hope same would also apply to the Quran..

(1) (Reply)

Sunni And Shia / Compassion: Lessons From Hadith 17 Of The 40 Ḥadīth Of An-nawawih / The Month Of Muharram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.