Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Used Car Engines To Import For Sale - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Used Car Engines To Import For Sale (1632 Views)

How To Import Cars Into Nigeria / What Makes A V6 Engine Different From Normal Car Engines / Export/import Used Car Engines To West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Used Car Engines To Import For Sale by fridayiwere: 3:55pm On Jun 16, 2012
Finally, God has answered my prayers. My bro living in outside the country has finally agreed to help me. He wants to send me engines of used cars to sell but my problem now,is don't know fast-movin car engines I can tell him to send. Pls, fellow Nairalander, I need ur help on this; which do u think is a fast- moving car engines that I can tell him to import. Thanks
Re: Used Car Engines To Import For Sale by BizBooks(m): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
Engines of the popular brands (ie Toyota, Honda and to a lesser extent Nissan) sell fast.
But that business is not something you can jump into without proper research. From what I
heard from friends who are into it, it is basically controlled by a Cabal (at least in some
parts of Lagos). To make it work for you, you have to enter into some form of partnership
with an insider.

A few months ago, a friend of mine asked me to join him in shipping a container of engines
to Lagos. Based on the information I have, I advised him against it. But he decided to go
ahead saying he will make a huge profit based on his calculation. After the container was
shipped and sold, he called me and lamented that he incurred a tremendous amount of loss.

Here's what they did to him (and they may do the same to you if you are not careful):

When the container landed in Lagos, the marketers came and made him an offer. Since the
offer was not to his liking, he rejected it. They said "fine" and left. Then, they sent
another buyer from their union who has been briefed of the situation. That buyer came and
made an offer lower than what the first group offered. My friend again rejected it. This
cat and mouse game went on for sometime until he got fed up and decided to accept whatever
he could and came back to the US.

Those marketers are smart. For one, they know you cannot sell the container on retail.
That means you can only sell it to one of them on wholesale. Also a container load of
engines takes up large amount of warehouse space which is not cheap. So they know you will
want to sell the goods as soon as possible to avoid paying thousands of Naira in warehouse
rent every week or two.

So I will advice you to go to the location where these engines are sold. Find an
established seller and tell him what you intend to do. He will advise you on how to go
about it. He will even tell you what engines sell fastest. If not, you may be stuck with
the container for a long time.
Re: Used Car Engines To Import For Sale by fridayiwere: 5:00pm On Jun 16, 2012
Thanks bro. I think I will find ur information very useful. I maybe I will go to Ladipo for more infor.

(1) (Reply)

Another Vehicle Suspended On Iron Proctector On Oba Ovoramwen Square In Benin / Pls Help Me Fix My Key(pics) / Why Is VSC Showing On Dashboard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.