Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:09 PM

Really Missing OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Really Missing OBJ (956 Views)

Saraki: PMB, OBJ Hold Secret Talks In New York / IBB Says To Obj That Fayose Is Truly A Bastard !! / IBB, OBJ Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Really Missing OBJ by damoobaba: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2012
Its in times like this u kno people with large and toogh hearst.I know if Baba Iyabo were ppresident,the current free foor all carnage and daylight stealin and coounter stealin going on in d land would have jst been a mere wish by the actoors.if BH had detonated a bomb during obj's tenure,he would have wiPed their city clean in less than a wk.And 4 d daylight thieves,tafa balogun &,alams are popular scapegoats.This GEJ nds 2 warm up his brain oor simply resignn,president no b jst 2 dey chop #3million food/day.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:43am On Jun 18, 2012
damoobaba: Its in times like this u kno people with large and toogh hearst.I know if Baba Iyabo were ppresident,the current free foor all carnage and daylight stealin and coounter stealin going on in d land would have jst been a mere wish by the actoors.if BH had detonated a bomb during obj's tenure,he would have wiPed their city clean in less than a wk.And 4 d daylight thieves,tafa balogun &,alams are popular scapegoats.This GEJ nds 2 warm up his brain oor simply resignn,president no b jst 2 dey chop #3million food/day.

^^^Don't be fooled. OBJ no doubt was a bit tougher than GEJ, but he was not confronted during his tenure with a bitter, blood-thirsty and wounded cabal whose main objective was to make the country ungovernable and try to instigate an ethno-religious war in the process.

OBJ only seemed to find his strength when southerners where concerned (eg- Odi massacre, Tafa Balogun, Alams, etc), but could only look on helplessly as core northern governors tore to shreds one of the basic constitutional principles on which this country was founded (ie: secular nature); and this singular act of imposing sharia in their states emboldened the fundamentalists among them and was the precursor to todays sense of entitlement (give them a handshake and then they want a hug) and cries for islamization of the north that we're witnessing. I also remember EFCC under Ribadu arresting Babangidas son (remember then the talk was of a young boy that hadn't worked a day in his life yet he was stupendously wealthy), but nothing came of it. Also don't forget the $16 Billion power probe, and FCT probe that exposed a lot of malfeasance and corruption during OBJs' tenure.

While you didn't hear much about corruption in the years preceeding GEJ presidency, it doesn't mean it didn't exist, or that it could not have been worse (or equal at best) to the levels we're experiencing today. It just means the cabal/thieving elite/politicians were somewhat at peace with themselves and there was little infighting; they were all singing from the same hyme sheet basically. The little beef you saw during this period either came towards the end of OBJs' 8 years, or was too personal and isolated (eg- his beef with his vice) to have made a nationwide impact.

Why it seems corruption is thriving under GEJ is because of the infighting amongst them that's going on, which in turn has lead to a lot of backstabbing and different camps emerging; different camps that where hitherto held together by the common bond of 'chop-i-chop' and 'honour' amongst thieves. Also, GEJ has given more space (not enough though, some may argue) for transparency, the rule of law and freedom of information to thrive. OBJ, acting true to his military background, did not take kindly to opposition and dissenting opinions, hence there was talk of his regime being a military one in a civilian garb. This is not to say that he didn't make an effort to fight corruption, but that the incidence of corruption could not be said to be any better (maybe worse) during his tenure as compared to today because much was not exposed at the time.

3 Likes

Re: Really Missing OBJ by dasparrow: 12:48am On Jun 18, 2012
damoobaba: Its in times like this u kno people with large and toogh hearst.I know if Baba Iyabo were ppresident,the current free foor all carnage and daylight stealin and coounter stealin going on in d land would have jst been a mere wish by the actoors.if BH had detonated a bomb during obj's tenure,he would have wiPed their city clean in less than a wk.And 4 d daylight thieves,tafa balogun &,alams are popular scapegoats.This GEJ nds 2 warm up his brain oor simply resignn,president no b jst 2 dey chop #3million food/day.

I just stated on another thread that if OBJ were to be in power, all these bomb blasts won't be happening. I miss OBJ and I trully wish GEJ would step down because since he became president so many Nigerians have lost their lives due to the bomb blasts. It is just terrible and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

Re: Really Missing OBJ by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:54am On Jun 18, 2012
^^^Peeps like the above poster are a God-send to the bokos: 'bomb and terrorize them enough and we just might achieve our aim'.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by peckhamboi: 12:57am On Jun 18, 2012
Baba Iyabo, please come back. Though I am not a fan of yours but I am pretty sure you would have wiped out Boko Haram. Over 10,000 lives lost and still counting and no assurances whatsoever from the Commander in Chief, very sad.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by Beaf: 1:04am On Jun 18, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:
^^^Peeps like the above poster are a God-send to the bokos: 'bomb and terrorize them enough and we just might achieve our aim'.

I think the right word is "coward."
Re: Really Missing OBJ by onomeasike: 2:11am On Jun 18, 2012
@ beaf:while tribune newspaper works for you and ur principals in the south,leadership newspaper works for them in the north.Bunch of blood suckers,your ingenuity and destiny is to bring ruin to Nigeria and nigerians.Reno Omokri aka beaf,you will be at the meeting where you and your principals agree to write evil propaganda and publish in both tribune and leadership,you will now copy and paste it on nairaland for broadcast here and all other social media as the presidential adviser on social media.He keeps at it until they find another evil agenda.Now it is project Tambuwal must go since the man is a threat to his master`s 2015 ambition to saddle nigerians with another round of perfidious leadership.
nairalanders shine your eyes,they hope that by feeding you lies consistently they will divert attention from their evil machinations.For me oh,I will keep reminding him that he and his generations will find no rest.They are all bunch of self-seeking unpatriotic agents of satan!
Your own generation of omokris will remain cursed forever because you and ur principals have brought hardship on nigerians
Re: Really Missing OBJ by Beaf: 4:32am On Jun 18, 2012
^
You sound like a raving psycho, bro.
The fact that I am not Reno Omokri makes that doubly worse.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by moremi2008(m): 6:21am On Jun 18, 2012
Jonathan is pathetically weak. This should come as no surprise because the man has very limited real leadership experience, especially at the national level. Nigerians are paying dearly for this inexperience. OBJ was most likely 10 times more corrupt than Jonathan but his tenure was relatively peaceful; people will always choose peace over probity, any day.

I don't see a real way forward for Nigeria unless the South is ready to make peace with perpetual Northern leadership or Nigeria splits up. It's only a matter of time before something forces us all to make a choice. The North is never going to be at ease with a Southerner in power.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by Beaf: 6:33am On Jun 18, 2012
moremi2008: Jonathan is pathetically weak. This should come as no surprise because the man has very limited real leadership experience, especially at the national level. Nigerians are paying dearly for this inexperience. OBJ was most likely 10 times more corrupt than Jonathan but his tenure was relatively peaceful; people will always choose peace over probity, any day.

I don't see a real way forward for Nigeria unless the South is ready to make peace with perpetual Northern leadership or Nigeria splits up. It's only a matter of time before something forces us all to make a choice. The North is never going to be at ease with a Southerner in power.

You think Obj's tenure was peaceful for people in Zaki Biam, Odi and the Niger Delta?
I feel like strangling people who talk this kind of crap. angry

As for any section of the country becoming a slave to the other, you might as well gain experience of slavery between now and 2015 by selling yourself to a ritualist or whatever. After your exprience has pounded common sense into your empty skull, come and tell us your views on 2015 again.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by redsun(m): 6:45am On Jun 18, 2012
Animal wish. Obj is one of the evil brains behind carnage because he doesnt want a situation where nigeria will be sane enough to bring him to book for his crimes against humanity
Re: Really Missing OBJ by Mesico2(m): 6:49am On Jun 18, 2012
What I know is that every Nigerians have the right to praise or rubbish the so called president presiding over us. What I find so pathetic is that people like Beaf won't just let anybody who talk about the president rest here on nairaland. Kilode now Ogbeni Beaf?
Re: Really Missing OBJ by redsun(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2012
None them are good. Normal people shouldnt wish for ugly to replace bad. Gej is bad,while obj is ugly. Like the devil(obj) and the deep blue sea(gej)
Re: Really Missing OBJ by damoobaba: 7:49am On Jun 18, 2012
Pls I never said Obj was nt corrupt even thought varioous allegations of corruption leveled against him are still unsubstantiated.during his tenure,our external reserves was very fat bt now GEJ is saying there is no money.Of course some desperate human beings would go to any lenght to steal,cause commotion or destroy bt OBJ managed to keep them under coontrol durin his tenure.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by Murphy7h4: 8:08am On Jun 18, 2012
all right tongue
Re: Really Missing OBJ by damoobaba: 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
Beaf:

You think Obj's tenure was peaceful for people in Zaki Biam, Odi and the Niger Delta?
I feel like strangling people who talk this kind of crap. angry

As for any section of the country becoming a slave to the other, you might as well gain experience of slavery between now and 2015 by selling yourself to a ritualist or whatever. After your exprience has pounded common sense into your empty skull, come and tell us your views on 2015 again.
Ur high level of Bigotry has completely wiped away ur thinkin ability.U nd a miracle 2 think straight again.
Re: Really Missing OBJ by damoobaba: 12:32am On Aug 09, 2013
Beaf:

I think the right word is "coward."
I don't know if you still exist because I kind of understand you've been relieved of ur duties by ur slavemasters,therefore congrats.However,I have stated my own view of a particular situation and I think it will do Nigerians more good if you and ur master can come up with better methods ot tackling these particular challenge 'terrorism'.

(1) (Reply)

Codeine Abuse Spreads Among Kano Women / Before 2015 Nigeria Will Become Islamic Nation / Behold D New National Anthem And Pledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.