Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! (1730 Views)

How To Make Your Nairaland Android App To Continue Receiving Notifications / "Following" Page And Less Annoying Notifications / Please I Want To Stop Nairaland Email Notifications From Coming To My Mail Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Wislet(f): 9:09am On Jun 18, 2012
we have endured 'followed topics'... 'Topics by followers', etc.
Now we have topics LIKED by followers.
Haba.
What is the point of all these notifications
I think i preferred UPDATED topics which we had before to updates on topics you merely clicked on...not even contributed to.
Pls seun and mods, it's getting tiring.

1 Like

Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by kay9(m): 11:44am On Jun 18, 2012
Seun's playing in his sand-box.
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Wislet(f): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
kay9: Seun's playing in his sand-box.
hehehe grin
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by kay9(m): 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2012
So i decided to click on the new ''Liked'' button... angry angry
Right now i really wish i hadn't.
Seun, i MAY like someone (that's ''Following'', right?); i MAY even like a topic by someone i like (which is now part of ''Followed Topics'', abi?). But why in heaven's name would i like a POST that someone i like ''liked''?? Why would i even wana see it and have it accumulated for me?? Jeez.
Has to be the most discombobulated thing ever.

2 Likes

Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Wislet(f): 1:49pm On Jun 18, 2012
kay9: So i decided to click on the new ''Liked'' button... angry angry
Seun, i MAY like someone (that's ''Following'', right?); i MAY even like a topic by someone i like (which is now part of ''Followed Topics'', abi?). But why in heaven's name would i like a POST that someone i like ''liked''?? Why would i even wana see it and have it accumulated for me?? Jeez.
my brother, no be small thing.
Are they imitating Facebook?
At least there's no notification on topics liked by someone else Smh
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Tgirl4real(f): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
kay9: So i decided to click on the new ''Liked'' button... angry angry

Thanks for ranting this rant angry grin
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
Why can't we view those who clicked the "LIKE" button?

3 Likes

Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by IleIfe2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2012
Kay9

Liked your comment just to discombobulate you. LWKM
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by saydfact(m): 4:37pm On Jun 18, 2012
LET THE FIGHT BEGIN......LOL

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Seun(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2012
Any other opinions?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by saydfact(m): 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2012
make i guide SEUN up and down..... no missile most touch him..

lipsrsealed kiss lipsrsealed
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by mikuz(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2012
I just tire oh. Whats my business in liking the topics people i follow like?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by olawalebabs(m): 4:55pm On Jun 18, 2012
It is truly tiring
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Caracta(f): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Seun: Any other opinions?

Nice try. But i would have preferred it if we could view those who liked our comments. Not just the comments that were liked. We already know people liked those comments when we viewed 'posts by the people we r following'
By the way, thumbs up.
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Afam4eva(m): 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
I also think the "Liked" link is unnecessary. of you must add it, then take it to the footer or else where because the header is getting untidy.
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by koolJ1(f): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2012
I totally concur! Liked Bullcrap! After 'followed' and following! Where is good old nairaland cry
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by MrGlobe(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2012
are you finally turning this website into an NYSC forum? It seems the new section is the easiest way one can get his topics to the homepage.

One more thing, if you could open a section for NYSC dont you think those jambites will need one too for their jamb and post ume? I guess they even need it more.

Thank me later cool
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by queenafric(f): 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2012
I think I still kinda prefer d old nairaland. Seun, pls can there be an option for that for some users?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by ibrash600: 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2012
dis ''LIKED'' of a thing i jst dnt undrstand, since we can view who like our comment so, i dnt tink it makes sense....
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Tgirl4real(f): 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2012
ibrash600: dis ''LIKED'' of a thing i jst dnt undrstand, since we can view who like our comment so, i dnt tink it makes sense....

Who says you can view who likes your comment
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by MrGlobe(m): 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2012
queenafric: I think I still kinda prefer d old nairaland. Seun, pls can there be an option for that for some users?
lol, this girl is so backward.. Smh. Where are you from? Everybody has moved on
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by ibrash600: 5:20pm On Jun 18, 2012
queenafric: I think I still kinda prefer d old nairaland. Seun, pls can there be an option for that for some users?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by ibrash600: 5:22pm On Jun 18, 2012
Tgirl4real:

Who says you can view who likes your comment
sorry, i mean since we can't
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by escobar07(m): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2012
guys have spoken. The 'liked' thing is superfluous.
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by mykejones(m): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
I'd prefere you notify me when my coment or thread is LIKED. Not when people are liking the coments of people am annoyingly following.
Again..sometimes i see 450 followed topics,it scares she hell outa me,and when i click on just one of the topics,the other 449 jus runs away. Odd and weird.
Abi na me no jus understand dis Nairaland again?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by Tgirl4real(f): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2012
lol. Mykejones, pele o
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by kay9(m): 8:12am On Jun 19, 2012
ilugunboy: Why can't we view those who clicked the "LIKE" button?
Frankly that'd be a better idea. Or would the subroutines in NL's script make this impossible?
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by kay9(m): 8:12am On Jun 19, 2012
Ile-Ife:
Kay9

Liked your comment just to discombobulate you. LWKM
Mumu boy grin grin
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by mykejones(m): 10:30am On Jun 19, 2012
Tgirl4real: lol. Mykejones, pele o
Lolz@Tgirl.
D tin tire me jare.
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by koolJ1(f): 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
mykejones: I'd prefere you notify me when my coment or thread is LIKED. Not when people are liking the coments of people am annoyingly following.
Again..sometimes i see 450 followed topics,it scares she hell outa me,and when i click on just one of the topics,the other 449 jus runs away. Odd and weird.
Abi na me no jus understand dis Nairaland again?

Lmao! I'm experiencing same, voiced it out and it sounded lyk a lone voice in a desert. Are there some others experiencing this ish?? Cuz it friggin freaks me out
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by mykejones(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2012
kool J:

Lmao! I'm experiencing same, voiced it out and it sounded lyk a lone voice in a desert. Are there some others experiencing this ish?? Cuz it friggin freaks me out
My dear,i have tireding..
Lolz
Re: What Is With All These LIKE Notifications??! by cowgurl: 2:48pm On Jun 20, 2012
I
tell ya, the Like thingy with the number attach to it is crazy and I
also feel it's not necessary Mr Seun and pls do away with the numbers
thingy on the 'followed and following' options as well and give us inbox
for our msgs + an option that shows we've been quoted by another Nlder.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo -female Undergraduate Bath With Acid For Refusing Love Advances From Fello / Gmail Account Blocked, Please Help / Shocking Video: Mother Mary Started Single Mother-nigerian Ashawo Backs Her Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.