Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Re: Save Us In Physics (communication Option) Department, Fut, Akure - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Re: Save Us In Physics (communication Option) Department, Fut, Akure (467 Views)

Davido Is The Only Graduating Student In His Department / Safe Us In Physics (communication Option) Department, Fut, Akure. / Cost Of Accomodation Around Fut Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re: Save Us In Physics (communication Option) Department, Fut, Akure by haryourdayjhi: 1:40pm On Jun 18, 2012
I, Ashidi A.G., an M.Tech student in the department of physics (communication option), Federal university of Technology, Akure, hereby dissociate myself from the above subject matter.
As much as I commiserate with the individual (group of students) who vented his (their) grief in the said publication, the experiences therein presented are not altogether true and should not be generalised.
Moreover, there was never a time (to the best of my knowledge) when communication students met and agreed to channel any grievances via the internet; and if there was any, I was not part of it.
Although certain facts are highlighted, but they are presented off-course. Chief of which is the postponement of PHY821, computational physics, of the 2010/11 set, to the next session. This was due to the busy schedule of the Lecturer on official university assignments.
However, the following claims that:
• there are no competent lectures in the option and/or department
• unserious and short-sighted lecturers have decided to be playing with the future of the students by deliberately running from their responsibilities
• lecturers elongate the stay of the students on campus more than expected
• it is a culture in the department for students to spend 6 – 7 years before graduating
• lecturers want students to be begging them for supervision
are UNFOUNDED, UNTRUE, RUDE and do NOT represent the interest of every M.Tech student in communication option.
I hereby advise the student(s) to channel whatever grievances he (they) has (have) with his (their) supervisor(s) through the appropriate authorities namely:
• Post-Graduate (PG) Co-ordinator of the Department
• Head of Department
• Dean of Postgraduate School
• Vice-Chancellor
It is equally worthy of note that M.Tech programme is for matured minds and we students are expected to handle our researches with minimal or no supervision.
Where a student feels he has fulfilled all expectations from his part, and he is being unjustifiably denied his rights and privileges; there exist constituted authorities for him to petition and not on the world wide web.
Thank you
Signed:
Ashidi, A.G.

(1) (Reply)

Fed Govt Releases N2bn Each To New Varsities / Acceptance Fee: For What? / Need Your Assistance!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.